Micro Machines World Series - v1.05. Found a bug? Post it here!

It appears that no one has earned Haunted since 26th July (a month ago!), which is the same day as this patch went live. Is this going to be sorted?

A month is a bit too long with no communication about a fix.. There are still many other issues with the game that need to be sorted out as well.

Ok so Paramedic is glitched for me. After spending the past 30 levels playing nothing but battles with the ambulance I finally managed to revive 4 while noticing who I revived. I then built up my special and followed the one team mate round the map till he died but when I revived him I didn't get the trophy. After spending so much time trying to get this only to find out I cant get it, I have lost all motivation for playing this game. Can you fix this and make it so I don't have to get lottery winning luck to achieve it and I can start playing again.

How can you get the evil mastermind trophy, no one ever goes near the lasers and if I manage to get someone to follow me by stealing the flag/bomb the laser is too weak to kill them? Also Haunted is glitch, I must have don't this 100 times but no trophy. 

Anyone fancy boosting the Evil Mastermind trophy while I wait for a patch? PSN tomellis2611 bit of a nightmare waiting for the map to come up but shouldn't take long once it does. I'm on UK time

I love all of your feedback though this forum has been dead for quite a while now. I'm not sure if this means that the entire game is going to just die off or whether we're ever going to see some updates.
Just to comment on some things you noted (and add a voice to support them):

- Lag is still a big issue. I've lost races due to it. My game slows to a crawl while everyone else just drives past me to victory.

- They said they were working on a lobby ages ago... nothing mentioned about it since? Are we going to get it?

- Drop / discard weapon button would be useful for sure. As it is I just keep firing the weapon until I lose it.

- I'd love to see more leaderboards with performance stats, race wins, lap times etc. I mentioned something like this in an earlier comment I made.

- Adding more tracks is an absolute must. There are only 9 tracks for online racing and 10 for local.

- Getting rid of Battle mode... I can't see them doing that. However you've raised a brilliant point here. The whole game seems to have been built around the Battle mode (their big push towards online multiplayer arena gameplay) while the racing (the core ingredient that made previous MM games great) was a mere afterthought. It's a shame that they seemed to have prioritised Battle mode. Because the racing is brilliant fun. We desperately need more tracks. MM2 on the Megadrive had a good 30 tracks. This one - in 2017 with our 4K hardware and multi core processors - has 10. It's an area which badly needs some attention.

I too have to report a few trophy glitches, haunted as well all know is definantly glitched and will not pop.
Also paramedic appears to be glitched I revived 5 of my teammates in one go and trophy did not pop. I've also had instances where I've revived 4 and then 3, definantly reviving all my team mates.  
The last time anyone earned paramedic on psnprofiles.com was the 20th of august.
Be nice to get these trophies patched to work in the near future.. hint hint

The haunted trophy is definitely glitched I've met the requirements at least 30 times please fix this it's clearly an issue with the game paramedic however isn't I unlocked it couple days ago it's just a pain to get can someone from the code masters team or for administration at lest acknowledge whether or not we're going to see another patch for this game because the silence were being provided with Ian getting us anywhere many many players are finding this trophy frustrating 

AJC2424 said:

- Getting rid of Battle mode... I can't see them doing that. However you've raised a brilliant point here. The whole game seems to have been built around the Battle mode (their big push towards online multiplayer arena gameplay) while the racing (the core ingredient that made previous MM games great) was a mere afterthought. It's a shame that they seemed to have prioritised Battle mode. Because the racing is brilliant fun. We desperately need more tracks. MM2 on the Megadrive had a good 30 tracks. This one - in 2017 with our 4K hardware and multi core processors - has 10. It's an area which badly needs some attention.
Glad you see my point... It's nice to have the Battle mode option (it can be fun for a bit of a change) but the game should really focus more on racing. 

Hey guys managed to speak to Christina on Twitter about the next patch but unfortunately she is unable to provide us with any information whatsoever so I wouldn't expect a patch anytime soon just thought I would let you know as code masters (script kiddies)dosnt keep us informed on here 

T1LL3Y said:
Hey guys managed to speak to Christina on Twitter about the next patch but unfortunately she is unable to provide us with any information whatsoever so I wouldn't expect a patch anytime soon just thought I would let you know as code masters (script kiddies)dosnt keep us informed on here 
Thanks for the news :smile:
Unfortunately, the fact that there isn't even information on a new patch coming out more or less spells doom if you ask me...

Been playin this constantly prestiged twice playin earlier worked fine put on there the now and it's saying saved data corupted press B to retry  (witch never worked) press A to restart (r u seriously telling me I have to start all again. Please please help me here I need help quick as wanting to play 

Been playin this constantly prestiged twice playin earlier worked fine put on there the now and it's saying saved data corupted press B to retry  (witch never worked) press A to restart (r u seriously telling me I have to start all again. Please please help me here I need help quick as wanting to play 
I don't think anyone can help you. You will probably have to start again (but you will keep your season points) 

This is the response I got from Codemasters, after sending them an email about this:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Micro Machines World Series.

If the game's saved file has genuinely become corrupt then there is little you can do, other than start a new save file I'm afraid, unless you have a Windows restore point you can use to revert to a time when the file worked..

Corruption in the saved file for Micro Machines World Series can be caused by synchronisation problems between your PC and Steam, unfortunately. We recommend that following to minimise the chances of this happening...

1) If you receive a message from Steam with regard to a difference between your saved file on the Steam Cloud and your hard disk, you should choose to use the file on your hard disc.
2) Always ensure that you shut down the game correctly and only run it from within the Steam client or from the Steam shortcuts in your system tray.
3) You should also never alter or attempt to manipulate any of the saved files that the game uses, as this can cause corrupt saved files.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

Steam are also terrible will help towards save game files and cloud sync. Customer service is almost non existent on steam. When you do get a reply it's a joke. They suggest the most ridiculous things, which have bugger all to do with your problem. But save files they wont entertain at all.

So the lesson to be learned: BACK-UP your save game data  

C:\ Users \  Your user name? \ Saved Games \ Codemasters  \ MicroMachines
(for future reference)

Patch for haunted trophy on ps4 please... 

Have all other trophies and would be annoyed if I couldn't plat it due to a developers fault on a game that's is still reasonably new...

Hey, think this one is pretty much impossible to platinum now. I contacted codemaster asking if they were going to fix the Haunted trophy and they told me I must not be for-filling the requirement and to check forums for tips. I then sent them a link to this forum and said its not been working for anyone since the last update. They replied saying they are not planning any more updates. Gutted!
You can try e-mailing custservice@codemasters.com but think this game is dead.

I have done your recommendation motmotmot and emailed them and will be interested to hear their reply. Email was as follows..

Hey there guys,

I have been trying to acquire the 'haunted' trophy for micro machines in the PlayStation 4 but it is glitched. 

I have met the requirements several times and it will not pop, it appears that with your patch 1.05 that was released on the 26th of July which addressed other issues has negated the ability the unlock this trophy.

I have been following this topic on several forums and it has happened to everyone. I have attached a recent screenshot from psnprofiles.com showing the latest trophy achievement and it clearly shows the last time it was unlocked which was the day of the patch release.

I have managed to unlock every other trophy for this game and would love to finish it as I am a bit of a completionist and would be annoyed if I could not do so. The game hasn't been out very long and I would be quite frustrated if it doesn't get rectified by a patch.

Please don't tell me that I am not meeting the requirements because I am and have done on many occasions.

Please let me know as I'd really like to hear your thoughts as would a growing number of trophy hunters that are interested in this topic

Cheers

Included was a screenshot  of the last time it was unlocked. I think I have covered all bases. Maybe more people should do the same and if enough people moan about it, maybe, just maybe they will patch it.

Here's hoping anyway

I have made an account just to share this:

I sent them an email giving an idea of how to appease the trophy hunters without actually trying to properly fix the glitch.

"Dear Codemasters,

Alot of players have been dissapointed by the buggy nature of the "Haunted Trophy"  which is now made the platinum unobtainable since the last patch (myself included). As I have seen this mentioned multiple times in the code master forums: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/55007/micro-machines-world-series-v1-05-found-a-bug-post-it-here/p4

I do understand that fixing this bug is time consuming, so may I make a suggestion that instead you make the v.s AI mode available offline (when not playing with friends in a party). This would mean that people could buy a physical copy of the game, and earn the trophy by playing offline battles pre-patch using the v.s AI mode .

This I believe would be easier to do then figuring out the true cause of the bug, and could potentially create a few extra sales of the physical version of the game by trophy hunters who originally bought it digitally like myself.

Would this be possible? "

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Micro Machines World Series.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, we have passed them on to the producer of the game and our design team.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

I don't know if this means anything at all :(. 

Means nothing I'm afraid, they still haven't fixed anything and don't appear bothered to do it any time soon. Their silence and lack of action speak volumes for how they operate as a company

Hi, I have the game for PC and it won't open properly. When I click it I get the icon at the bottom of the computer but then it won't open on the screen even though it says its running on steam and I can hear the sounds.  Any help?

Come on guys please patch the glitched 'haunted' trophy ps4. So many people are waiting for it and now it's just getting ridiculous. After platinuming over 125 games I'd hate to see my goal of a perfect list ruined by this stupid trophy