Sign in to follow this  

DiRT V1.06 [PC only] - found a bug? Post it here!

PC: But in the Device Management i need to configure my device from Keyboard to Logitech Driving Force GT.
Could this affect the FFB in game? Thanks.

um... I noticed that I no longer own a Subaru WRX STI apparently? I'm almost certain I didn't sell it by accident...
EDIT: maybe i'll just assume I never owned one... :/

Competitive online section completly fails for me atm.. i get kicked out of the game each time.
i have send you some auto reports about it .
at the start of the patch update i had no problems at all.
in the meantime i played a bit of joyride and got myself an achievment.

Could we get some save game copies please?

Go to to where Steam is installed and the userdata folder (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\)

Zip up folder 421020.

Then mail it to dirtgame@codemasters.com

This would be very helpful and is appreciated.

Malyngo said:
That is just a misunderstanding. In Device management, you can set the settings for the different devices that are connected. The first is always the Keyboard.
You just switch on that screen between the devices to configure them.

The important thing is in the first screen. And here, the wheel is selected. You could also put it to "Auto", should just work the same.

Is it normal that mechanics can degrade? I hired 2 grade A mechanic with over 100 numbers in all skills and the 1st one went from grade A to B with numbers decreasing to below 100 in all skills after some races. The other one stayed grade A but his numbers dropped by like 30 in every skill.

CMMcBabe said:
Competitive online section completly fails for me atm.. i get kicked out of the game each time.

Go to to where Steam is installed and the userdata folder (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\)

Zip up folder 421020.

just ran into this attempting to enter the Group B 4WD weekly event, for detail here is the contents of the error message:
Access violation at address 0x40667060 in module 'dirt4.exe' + 0xe7060.
D:\Games\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common\DiRT 4\dirt4.exe
have sent two auto reports and will zip up the folder to send in now, shall quote this post and use the subject "Dirt4 competitive event crash nbates66".

nbates66 said:
CMMcBabe said:

Zip up folder 421020.

just ran into this attempting to enter the Group B 4WD weekly event, for detail here is the contents of the error message:
Access violation at address 0x40667060 in module 'dirt4.exe' + 0xe7060.
have sent two auto reports and will zip up the folder to send in now, shall quote this post and use the subject "Dirt4 competitive event crash nbates66".
Same for me. Both weeklies crash the game for me, and my 2001 Scooby dissaperaed from the garage.
EDIT: Pro Tour just crashed on me aswell.
EDIT2: And another ProTour crash after waiting forever to find a game again, tried all day to get into races, twice it found other people and BOTH times the game crashed in Stage Results screen. -14pts and demoted.

/uninstall

kobeshow said:
Same for me. Both weeklies crash the game for me, and my 2001 Scooby dissaperaed from the garage.
I KNEW IT!!! i'm NOT crazy ya'll!!! OUR CARS ARE VANISHING!!! :D

CMMcBabe said:

Zip up folder 421020.

Done.

Why can I not get my Fanatec CSR elite wheel to be picked up by dirt 4? The only option for controls given is the keyboard. Works with my other games. Help?

sqdstr said:
Is it normal that mechanics can degrade? I hired 2 grade A mechanic with over 100 numbers in all skills and the 1st one went from grade A to B with numbers decreasing to below 100 in all skills after some races. The other one stayed grade A but his numbers dropped by like 30 in every skill.
It is. Engineers may develop traits that affect their skills. Most common cause seems to be lack of kebabpizza, you need to upgrade lunch facilities

PC

So after update 1.061 i yesterday could enter the community events but could not play anything. i always get kicked out as before .
Today ..i can enter the daily events what i see as a progress..yes :P
on the other side the renewed monthly isn't accesable.
and protour is also restricted area..no access.
Time to get things right guys..you are loosing more and more players

PC

Another small thing that is really annoying is that sometimes racenet just fails at startup of the game.
This gets you in trouble when you want to save times in offline champs to the leaderboard cause reconnecting to upload times keeps on failing ....
I am really not sure ...but it thaught this part seemed to work before...

it maybe  could have something to do with steam. (just guessing)
As often i get a syncronisation problem with the game..something i never had with other games at steam.

UPDATE: patch 1.062 has just arrived, which brings improved validation of save game to prevent reported crashes after v1.06 (around Community Events and Pro Tour). Thanks for your feedback on this all!

Lost all my vehicles after patch, I'm verifying integrity now. It's weird because my level and creditpool is intact.

chukonu said:
Lost all my vehicles after patch, I'm verifying integrity now. It's weird because my level and creditpool is intact.
That was not seen when testing.

Could you go to to where Steam is installed and the userdata folder (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\)

Zip up folder 421020.

Then mail it to dirtgame@codemasters.com

Even after file integrity my vehicles are still gone. I'll do what you say with dummy account because I dont have email from here, so check spambox possibly.

If anyone else sees their garage empty, please alt-F4 immediately and do the following:

Zip up folder 421020.

Then mail it to dirtgame@codemasters.com

Sorry to say, but the issue with competitive events doesn't appear to be resolved, or did the version get rolled back because of the empty garages?

Anyhow, my garage wasn't empty but I seem to still get the same crash when attempting weekly events, after receiving my credit awards for the previous dailys: :(

Access violation at address 0x34837060 in module 'dirt4.exe' + 0xe7060.

worth sending my save again?

nbates66 said:
Sorry to say, but the issue with competitive events doesn't appear to be resolved, or did the version get rolled back because of the empty garages?

Anyhow, my garage wasn't empty but I seem to still get the same crash when attempting weekly events, after receiving my credit awards for the previous dailys: :(

Access violation at address 0x34837060 in module 'dirt4.exe' + 0xe7060.

worth sending my save again?

We are indeed back to the crash.  Currently working on getting a new build that solves the case of the missing cars.

@chukonu Good to hear they are back, hopefully the next one is less problematic.  Thanks for your save games!

Not sure if it's connected but while playing the game something killed my hardware and my PC died