Sign in to follow this  

DiRT V1.06 [PC only] - found a bug? Post it here!

Not sure if this is the right place to report, but I found a cheater in Pro Tour just around half an hour ago. I censored the username for this public post but maybe the odd split times will help in resolving the security hole. On first stage his first split was 21:00.000 and on second the last split showed the same. He won both stages even though he didn't finish first. I have video recording from the end of the second stage too, if someone from Codemasters is reading.

-Levis

UPDATE: we've just pushed live DiRT 4 v1.063 which...
  • Prevents crash that mainly occurred in Community Events and Pro Tours
  • Ensures all owned vehicles are not lost (fix for 1.062)

Online works perfect for me now :o ...now fingers crossed it stays that way  ..good work Codemasters .
Now get us all the crazy stuff you are keeping behind  :p :p :p

Use DSD controllers cause constant menu scrolling in D4; these controllers are pretty common among Sim-racers with advanced gear in the form of hand-brakes / button boxes / load-cell brake conversions, etc. so they really need to be supported please.

Thank you.

Slowish said:
Use DSD controllers cause constant menu scrolling in D4; these controllers are pretty common among Sim-racers with advanced gear in the form of hand-brakes / button boxes / load-cell brake conversions, etc. so they really need to be supported please.

Thank you.
I feel like this problem could be fixed fairly easily by having the game only use the keyboard for menu input by default. I have the same problem in some indie games where they see my pedals as a normal axis, so constantly scroll the menus unless keep the pedal pressed halfway.

edit: this is on PC, obviously, but the same could apply to Xbox/PS4, just using a standard controller for menu navigation I guess.

cheater active in pro tour atm.
he finished behind me in 3rd spot..
Standing changed directly afterwards in this time about 30 sec faster.
he also didnt get shown in leaderboard
but somehow he still stole the points of my first spot i had cause i got silver and finshed second
http://imgur.com/SjB1RSs

cheater active in pro tour atm.
he finished behind me in 3rd spot..
Standing changed directly afterwards in this time about 30 sec faster.
he also didnt get shown in leaderboard
but somehow he still stole the points of my first spot i had cause i got silver and finshed second
http://imgur.com/SjB1RSs
That's odd, Darren already banned that fellow...

@Hatward what is this sorcery?

Maybe it was just a ban from the leaderboards, since Codies have more control over them now?
Apparently the little weasels have figured out how to cheat their way up the ranks now, great.

How to set deadzones of "look right/left" input? I'm using xbox360 controller but right stick is degraded and center point is deviating that causes camera always looking diagonally in front. So I want to increase deadzones.

PC:
What have you done with the last updates that Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 won't save my preferences???? And also when i started Dirt Rally, when i was playing a stage, it freezed the game and i had to reset the PC several times to bring back Windows 10 back to life! Another thing: When i leave playing Dirt 4 and start Dirt Rally or other car game, my wheel don't work. I need to restart my PC to play it. Please solve that! Thanks.

Another thing: When i leave playing Dirt 4 and start Dirt Rally or other car game, my wheel don't work. I need to restart my PC to play it. Please solve that! Thanks.
I already posted a solution for this. You even acknowledged it.

Go into device manager, find your wheel, press properties or whatever it is you have to do to see the controller input window. Poke around on the pedals and turn the wheel a little to "wake it up". Now it works in all other games.

I know, one shouldn't have to do this - but it's quicker than restarting the PC.

Another thing: When i leave playing Dirt 4 and start Dirt Rally or other car game, my wheel don't work. I need to restart my PC to play it. Please solve that! Thanks.
I already posted a solution for this. You even acknowledged it.

Go into device manager, find your wheel, press properties or whatever it is you have to do to see the controller input window. Poke around on the pedals and turn the wheel a little to "wake it up". Now it works in all other games.

I know, one shouldn't have to do this - but it's quicker than restarting the PC.
I know that and i do that, but i want Codemasters to solve that problem. Thanks again :)

Just had a weird one. Tried to do the daily 1 event, but it just kept loading for ages and I had to kill the game and got a DNF. No problems with the game or racenet before or after.

Malyngo said:
PC:
What have you done with the last updates that Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 won't save my preferences???? And also when i started Dirt Rally, when i was playing a stage, it freezed the game and i had to reset the PC several times to bring back Windows 10 back to life
Wasn't the last update to Dirt Rally quite some time ago? So if there is a suddenly problem with preferences not saving in Dirt Rally, could that be a problem on your computer? Maybe your hard drive is dying or something?
I don't think so. It was working great till now. With the other games that don't happen. It's just with Dirt Rally and Dirt 4.

inside cars on replays could you please make it brighter ? many cars inside are very dark compared to the light outside.yes it should be darker but not to the extent of some are.

What about this cockpit cam position bug in replay which happens since day 1 and it is still not fixed ? -.-

https://youtu.be/JVecL1t0HLE

Lancia Integrale has NO tailllight and headlight covers. 100% transparent bug.

I know they are exist and graphically perfectly modeled in the PSSG files, but visually they are missing since the first release from Dirt 4

PC:
Why all the cars in Dirt 4 are very unstable compared to Dirt Rally?
Please improve the FFB.
My wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT.
Thanks.

PC:
Please improve the FFB.
Thanks.
front stabilizer almost to the left, rear almost to the right. Makes a BIG difference. Atleast that us my opinion and I have the same wheel.

PC:
Please improve the FFB.
Thanks.
front stabilizer almost to the left, rear almost to the right. Makes a BIG difference. Atleast that us my opinion and I have the same wheel.
I have to try that! Thanks.

@Janneman60
How about the FFB? Is it good on your wheel? My FFB is very weak and sometimes i don't feel a thing, but with Dirt Rally is very good.