Sign in to follow this  

DiRT V1.06 [PC only] - found a bug? Post it here!

@Janneman60
How about the FFB? Is it good on your wheel? My FFB is very weak and sometimes i don't feel a thing, but with Dirt Rally is very good.
You could try lowering most things except Self Aligning Torque and Suspension, that should help – it seems by default, with everything at 100, a lot of the effects sort of cancel each other out.

caerphoto said:
@Janneman60
How about the FFB? Is it good on your wheel? My FFB is very weak and sometimes i don't feel a thing, but with Dirt Rally is very good.
You could try lowering most things except Self Aligning Torque and Suspension, that should help – it seems by default, with everything at 100, a lot of the effects sort of cancel each other out.
This is what i have and still don't like the FFB.

Please do some performance tweak on all rainy stages. I am playing RallyCross at Hell Norway, but stage stutters like hell when rain is enabled. I have to either disable rain or don't play the stage at all. Codemasters, please listen to every gamers' complaints.

PC:
I hope someone from Codemasters can read this, cause i mention it so many times without success.
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT FFB Wheel and i cannot find a good setting for it. I lost hours messing arround with the FFB sliders from the game and cannot find a nice FFB setting.
The FFB by default is very weak and in some places i cannot feel it. So, please, improve or fix this! Thanks.

PC:
I hope someone from Codemasters can read this, cause i mention it so many times without success.
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT FFB Wheel and i cannot find a good setting for it. I lost hours messing arround with the FFB sliders from the game and cannot find a nice FFB setting.
The FFB by default is very weak and in some places i cannot feel it. So, please, improve or fix this! Thanks.
Try to turn linearity to -7 or 8 even -9. Tire slip to 0 self aligning torque is the biggest one to worry about. Also change your dampening settings in logitech profiler. I was using that same wheel a week ago and had it pretty well dialed in.

Mystx24 said:
PC:
Try to turn linearity to -7 or 8 even -9. Tire slip to 0 self aligning torque is the biggest one to worry about. Also change your dampening settings in logitech profiler. I was using that same wheel a week ago and had it pretty well dialed in.
This is what i have:
Logitech Profiler:
▪OES / SES / DES @ 110%
▪Centering spring @ 30%
▪Rotation is 540°
I don't let the game chose special configurations

Hi all,
Some stage times on daily, weekly events look pretty fast ! Look at this event's ranking below...

The game does not inform the player whether he jumped the start or not. It only becomes apparent afterwards.

PC:
I already posted here over and over again my problem with my Logitech Driving Force GT, but you seem not to care. So i will post it again and again and again, till you listen.

Please improve the FFB!

Apparently when you shout into the void, the response you hear is your own echo.

I used a driving force gt its a cheaper wheel only so much you can ask for from it, its inherently got bad oscillation and hardly any counter correcting, i tried helping the dude but its hopeless.

@Mystx24

I didn't refused your help. You didn't replyed to my latest mail i sent you and the wheel have good FFB in Dirt Rally.

I tried to help also but there seems to be a specific problem with your pc or wheel because you can't get it to work properly. As most other dfgt users do not have the problem.

I tried to help also but there seems to be a specific problem with your pc or wheel because you can't get it to work properly. As most other dfgt users do not have the problem.
My brother have the same wheel as mine and have the same problem as i have. Also, when he connect his wheel the game won't recognize it and he need to reinstall the Logitech drivers. I know other people with a weak FFB in this game with the same wheel and other wheels. But it seems that they don't post it here.

EDIT: My problem is that R5, Historic and Landrush Class that have weak FFB or none. The other classes work fine.

You are right that the FFB is different from DR. In DR when I put the strength high I almost tear the wheel from my desk and with thatvsetup  it is alright for me in D4. You clearly have a different opinion, that is no problem. As for the recognition, if I first do D4 (no problem with the wheel) and then switch to DR  in DR the wheel does not work. The other way round so first DR and then D4 it just works fine.

You are right that the FFB is different from DR. In DR when I put the strength high I almost tear the wheel from my desk and with thatvsetup  it is alright for me in D4. You clearly have a different opinion, that is no problem. As for the recognition, if I first do D4 (no problem with the wheel) and then switch to DR  in DR the wheel does not work. The other way round so first DR and then D4 it just works fine.
Yep! The FFB from Dirt Rally is much better from Dirt 4. It seams it was made for a FFB wheel and Dirt 4 made for a controller. About playing Dirt 4 and then playing other racing games, the wheel don't work. It is not recognized by the other games. But my brother have other problem. Dirt 4 won't recognize the wheel. He need to reinstal the Logitech drivers all the time he plug in the wheel to play Dirt 4.

Why are you posting a video about force feedback for direct drive wheels? What does that in any way have to do with bugs in the game? Or with your perceived FFB issues for that matter, you have a driving force GT which isn't a direct drive wheel and has nothing to do with the video.

In actual bugs - Replays have stutter, gameplay doesn't.. ? Interval is kinda random, doesn't seem to have a pattern, sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 30. 
It's been a while, but my slower R9 280X (rest in peace) didn't stutter during replays as far as i remember. Maybe confirmation bias.

Also, FX-8350 + crashing into the cloth fence at the end - good bye FPS, holy... that slowdown. Any time particles come up from a crash this thing stalls and i am on 'low' particles. :D 

@KickUp @CMMcBabe @Hatward @ChristinaMc

18:11 - Joona Pansku: there is still something weird with the front toe angle
18:11 - Joona Pansku: but it's next lvl weird sh*t
18:11 - Joona Pansku: it works the opposite way in dailies
18:12 - Porkhammer: wut
18:12 - Porkhammer: you mean it works in SP?
18:12 - Porkhammer: but not in MP
18:12 - Joona Pansku: so basically 0.35 toe angle is -0.35 in dailies
18:12 - Joona Pansku: well in freeplay it does anyway it seems
18:12 - Joona Pansku: i was messing with the setups
18:12 - Joona Pansku: and then i went to do the daily
18:12 - Joona Pansku: and i noticed that it felt completely different in the shakedown
18:13 - Joona Pansku: same yesterday but I first thought it was up to my driving
18:13 - Porkhammer: report this on the forum you egg
18:14 - Porkhammer: or i can just copypaste this convo in the bug report thread