Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Hungarian Grand Prix

That was close, well done to Hamilton for sticking to his word even though he loses even more points. Proper team mates those two are unlike others.
All the people that say Hamilton isn't a team player just got proved wrong.

Alonso got the fastest lap of the race ffs, give him a proper engine!

AHAHAHAHA WTF HAMILTON

What in the hell did they say to Hamilton that convinced him to let Bottas through?

Jiggy said:
AHAHAHAHA **** HAMILTON

What in the hell did they say to Hamilton that convinced him to let Bottas through?
It was Lewis that said he would let him through, he actually wanted to do it 4 laps earlier, but the team told him to keep pushing.

Jiggy said:
AHAHAHAHA **** HAMILTON

Sticks to his word, still gets hate.

lol chill, I'm not hating, I said what the **** Hamilton, not **** Hamilton.

You know I'm quite positive about Hamilton most of the time.

Fernando Alonso is a full-blown meme at this point in the sport and he has fully accepted his new role.

Jiggy said:
Jiggy said:
AHAHAHAHA **** HAMILTON

I'm chill, don't worry ;) Seeing the amount of hate Hamilton gets you kinda get used to it eventually.

Gotta be said though, it was good of him to keep his word even though it'd have been easy for him to claim that with Verstappen so close to Bottas it was to risky to switch back. I  couldn't see him doing the same with Rosberg though, no way in hell.

Jiggy said:
Jiggy said:
AHAHAHAHA **** HAMILTON

I'm chill, don't worry ;) Seeing the amount of hate Hamilton gets you kinda get used to it eventually.

Gotta be said though, it was good of him to keep his word even though it'd have been easy for him to claim that with Verstappen so close to Bottas it was to risky to switch back. I  couldn't see him doing the same with Rosberg though, no way in hell.
Yeah, it's a good thing. Personally, I would not have blamed him if he had not given that position back.

Remember Monaco? Rosberg actually did while Hamilton didn't and I felt Rosberg was an idiot for that. It's a title race. Be ruthless.

Also, Hulkenberg and Magnussen after the race:

https://streamable.com/ajpsl

WARNING: LANGUAGE

WARNING: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Fernando.
So much talent wasted. Cheers, Honda.

Have to say, props to Lewis for letting Bottas through. Especially since Bottas was going really slowly and was actually under thread by Max.
As for Ferrari, I enjoy the 1-2, I have a sneaking suspicion it might the last of the season.

Good day for Ferrari. Vettel chose the best track to have an offset steering wheel given the fact you can't overtake, but it's a relief they capitalised on their pace advantage this weekend. 

I'm surprised by Lewis. Sportsmanship is great and everything, but I'm openly a fan of ruthlessness and drivers who know what it takes to win championships. Lewis has always had it and it's one of the main qualities I admire in him. Today was a golden opportunity for him to steal 3 points and he didn't take it. He may not end up regretting it seen as I still think Mercedes' are in the best position for this championship, but it's still out of character, especially given he had the "Verstappen was too close" excuse to turn to post race. 

That said he still had a good day considering he was 6th after turn 1, before Verstappen decided to turn kamikaze. Ricciardo's radio and interview was enlightening, you really don't see him get that animated with anger outside the car. Like there was some previous friction behind the scenes at RB anyway. 

About previous friction, there most likely was.

In an interview with Dutch tv, Ricciardo said that Max could do two things: apologize for the collision, admit blame and then they would be done with it. Or, as Ricciardo put it, Max could come up with another excuse and then [they]'d have some huge problems. Key-word: another. So I'm guessing there was some previous talk between the two about their on-track battles where Max probably stuck to his guns. which wasn't going to fly anymore after Dan got eliminated from the race thanks to Max.

Max apologized on TV, so I'll imagine he'll do the same in the post-race de-briefing.

I can't think of any other Grand Prix where the most entertainment came after the race! The podium girl's bum, Alonso in the deckchair, and Kevin 'suck my balls' Magnussen! Brilliant.

I'm pleased Lewis let Valtteri through at the end, he could've had a very strong argument for not doing it with Max so close behind, but he stuck to his word and I'm sure he'll have the favour returned in some way.

All race I was hoping Ferrari would switch Vettel and Raikkonen over, but for the team's point of view, they were absolutely right to keep them as they were. This track is literally Monaco without the walls, just cannot overtake!

And Alonso, superb. WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO HAVE HIM AT THE FRONT.

So it was "Suck my balls, honey". God, the sass on that. I'd sign him to my team for that comeback alone.
I believe it's "mate", not honey. Still funny though.

Nope it was honey 100%

https://twitter.com/jgphotography5/status/891665480712323073

If this is actually from the end of the race, then Toto doesn't look happy that Hamilton let Bottas through, everyone else nodding that he did the right thing.

https://twitter.com/grantharvey10/status/891719331658256384
https://twitter.com/valecarriero/status/891666565405560832

No, I disagree, I think he was happy, you can see from his applause and him mouthing 'yes'. I think he just has a funny way with expressing his emotions, same as if he was angry!

Toto is weird. Like a legit weirdo. Also tends to be overly emotional and make out-of-order comments about other drivers.

His reaction enhances that even more. When Rosberg and Hamilton eliminated eachother at Spain 2016, he smashed his desk with his fist. Then one of them won or something and he did the exact same thing, with the exact same face.

He's a character.