Sign in to follow this  

Will Career mode be made any longer

was wondering @loore @justbiglee if career mode will be made any longer with down loads as im enjoying career and online inc the great Racenet challenges. what does every one else think ????

The new Sprint Pack DLC adds 9 new challenges/tournaments to the career mode also 4 silver trophies , aside from the "new" tracks, obviously.

It's fun to drive the good old Grid 2 tracks again with Autosport's physics and handling model but I have a few minor gripes with the Sprint Pack.

It was said to have it's own single player series but I was expecting them to show up within career as new seasons to play. Instead they are now in a separate menu (extra championships) and if you look at the statistics they count as custom cups. This brings in a few problems:
- If you quit the series between races your progress will be lost and you have to start again.
- No team selection, no sponsors.
- You don't get XP towards career progression.
- As in custom cups by default upgrades are not applied on cars, you have to add them one by one before the first event which is tedious.

So the Sprint Pack extends the SP experience but not the career.

What makes me wonder is if these tracks will be available in online playlists? Probably not as it was with G2 but that would mean they could be accessed only through custom events which will lead to segregation of the player base once again and I'll probably barely ever drive these tracks just like with Spa/Bathurst in Grid 2.

If it's indeed the case makes me a bit less excited for the other two upcoming mini-series DLCs.

As above, Sprint Pack does include some new Single Player content. You can read more about that here.

As Meszes mentions, they are in a new section titled "Extra Championships" and aside from the primary career experience. One thing we didn't want to do, and something we've been told not to do was to put DLC content in people's faces. As such, we decided littering the primary career experience with DLC messages wasn't perhaps the best option to take. Obviously, there's those people that would like to see it all integrated so is a bit of a hard one to balance.

The Touring Car Legends and Drag pack (due out this month) both include extra Single Player content along the same lines as the Sprint Pack.

Loore said:
As above, Sprint Pack does include some new Single Player content. You can read more about that here.

As Meszes mentions, they are in a new section titled "Extra Championships" and aside from the primary career experience. One thing we didn't want to do, and something we've been told not to do was to put DLC content in people's faces. As such, we decided littering the primary career experience with DLC messages wasn't perhaps the best option to take. Obviously, there's those people that would like to see it all integrated so is a bit of a hard one to balance.

The Touring Car Legends and Drag pack (due out this month) both include extra Single Player content along the same lines as the Sprint Pack.

LOVE the sound of TOURING CAR LEGENDS AND DRAG RACING will this be online too. @Codemasters @loore @justbiglee your coming out with great ideas and I thank you. :D

Yes, you'll be able to set up lobbies using both Classic Touring and Drag via custom cup.

Both packs include a couple of new tracks and cars. 

career will be more fun if was like grid 1
have our own team
team mate could go as co-op
buy the car with "cash" (not with fans as grid2)
grid 1 career was the best career in racing games i have ever experienced

Loore said:
Yes, you'll be able to set up lobbies using both Classic Touring and Drag via custom cup.

Both packs include a couple of new tracks and cars. 
Can we have finally all the details about Legend TC dlc?? Please all cars;a release date and price! I also made a discussion about this! 

Meszes said:
It's fun to drive the good old Grid 2 tracks again with Autosport's physics and handling model but I have a few minor gripes with the Sprint Pack.

It was said to have it's own single player series but I was expecting them to show up within career as new seasons to play. Instead they are now in a separate menu (extra championships) and if you look at the statistics they count as custom cups. This brings in a few problems:
- If you quit the series between races your progress will be lost and you have to start again.
- No team selection, no sponsors.
- You don't get XP towards career progression.
- As in custom cups by default upgrades are not applied on cars, you have to add them one by one before the first event which is tedious.

So the Sprint Pack extends the SP experience but not the career.

What makes me wonder is if these tracks will be available in online playlists? Probably not as it was with G2 but that would mean they could be accessed only through custom events which will lead to segregation of the player base once again and I'll probably barely ever drive these tracks just like with Spa/Bathurst in Grid 2.

If it's indeed the case makes me a bit less excited for the other two upcoming mini-series DLCs.
Wow i thank u for the info man, this dlc makes people really feel like to buy it! Not even implemented properly in career mode;no team selection; no xp....HOW is that possible??This is like the fact to release DLC cars with no liveries; no team selection...this is a bit lazy and always things half made!