Sign in to follow this  

GULF Air Bahrain GP - 2014

I'm not surprised at how late a lot of you guys think Red Bull will catch up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them whining in Spain or Monaco about it.
That's how I read your post SA ;)

:)) :))  I don't really like the new emoticons . :(

I reckon a Mercedes win, Just. That RedBull looks better than Mercedes onboard, and when Renault pull their finger out they will for sure be at the front.

AMS97KRR said:
Mercedes will surely win. 

I think Mercedes - Mercedes - Red Bull will be a familiar podium this year. Expecting Hulk, Kimi and Alonso to all be behind the Red Bulls along with the McLarens. 

I was hoping for a closer championship, something like 2010 or 2007 but it's only been two races, so hopefully Red Bull can catch up and then maybe a 4-way title fight - Hamilton Vs Vettel mainly with Rosberg and Ricciardo somewhere close behind? Ricciardo is looking pretty quick after the first two races.
I just hope the Engines aren't the deciding factor of who finishes where all the time, because some of the smaller teams have zero control over engines. Mercedes and Ferrari have a huge advantage in that sense when it comes to the top teams. 
Red Bull must be gutted, if they had a Mercedes engine, they may well have had the best car. But would Mercedes supply RBR next season? That'd be interesting...
I seriously seriously seriously hope not. I think I'm not the only one who's had enough of the Red Bull domination. I don't care if Merc end up winning every race this season, all I can think is that at least it isn't Red Dull.
I'd rather nobody dominated, so if it could create a level playing field, I'm all for it. I don't like domination, I just haven't complained for obvious reasons

I agree that I don't want any particular team to dominate, but you know how much I dislike Vettel :p After 4 seasons of him pretty much winning every other race, it's refreshing to have a different team out front, even though they are dominating the same way Red Bull did in 2011 and late 2013.

Mexicola said:
Sutil won't be drinking any H2O during the race.

This is pretty ridiculous. When drivers have to resort to measures like these to make the weight limit, then something's not right with the sport.
That's a bit crazy seeing as Bahrain is typically very hot, although night time race should change a bit. I feel his pain though I was a lightweight rower in school and I had to spend days running with sweatsuits and eating way too much fiber than a diet should maintain.

Seems like a silly thing to have to be at a disadvantage, but it makes some sense. Still the drivers shouldn't have to subject themselves to unsafe conditions

I'm not so sure that Hamilton will dominate. Rosberg was bloody quick in Australia and in Malaysia too right up till the rain came.

It's ridiculous that a driver is having to race without a drink. Surely there should be some rule saying that everyone must have a drinks bottle. And Martin Brundle said that apparently a driver collapsed whilst doing a PR event before the Malaysian GP. He wouldn't name the driver, but that's unhealthy.

So, what's the rule on spoilers/discussion in the GP threads? Is it safe to discuss things live? If so, should there be a spoiler warning in the thread title?

Throughout the whole of last year we said things live, and I doubt that'll change. :P

We never had problems with spoilers though, I mean it's a Formula 1 thread...of course people are going to talk about the race in it. :p

Nah, I'd say just talk about it live. If someone doesn't want the result spoiled for them, then coming into a thread talking about the current race will be their own fault.

Throughout the whole of last year we said things live, and I doubt that'll change. :P

We never had problems with spoilers though, I mean it's a Formula 1 thread...of course people are going to talk about the race in it. :p
Good, just wanted to be sure. Didn't want to be "that guy".

They should never schedule an F1 race during a DST switchover. Qualy is at 2AM DST Sunday morning here, meaning it finishes at 2AM AEST, Sunday morning. I used the F1 site time zone converter which told me the race was on at 1AM but I don't know if that's summer time or normal time. tl;dr: Fuck time zones.