Sign in to follow this  

GULF Air Bahrain GP - 2014

They should never schedule an F1 race during a DST switchover. Qualy is at 2AM DST Sunday morning here, meaning it finishes at 2AM AEST, Sunday morning. I used the F1 site time zone converter which told me the race was on at 1AM but I don't know if that's summer time or normal time. tl;dr: Fuck time zones.
Qualy and race is 4PM GMT+1

I think it's on at 2:00 AM today, and 1:00 AM tomorrow. But I agree, confusing as. 

Well if we can't talk about the race in the thread , what are we going to talk about ? Plus why would you go into a race thread if you didn't want any spoilers. A warning in the title is unnecessary and we've have never needed one before. Common sense should tell people to keep out of the thread if you don't want spoilers.

Looks like it will be a good race tomorrow - grid is nicely mixed up.

If only the Sky Go app wasn't entirely useless I might be able to watch it :(

I expect a good battle between Williams, Force India and McLaren for the final step of the podium. I don't think Ferrari will be able to keep up due to their engine/ERS problems.

Should be a good race with a Merc battle, Hulkenberg and Vettel coming up the field and seeing where Perez and Kimi end up.

Just watched Rosberg's pole lap. Mercedes is half a second ahead of everyone else and didn't rev past 12 1/2 thousand RPM...

Sutil by the way has a 5 place grid penalty as well for blocking Grosjean. Since he qualified 18th he will have a 1 place grid penalty as well for China.

I reckon it's gonna be mega close between the Merc's and I think Bottas might get a podium out of this

Their social media guy got fired anyway I think. 
Still the same team in my opinion, posting style hasn't changed.

Lotus are probably one of the best Social Media teams out there in the sporting world ATM as far as I'm concerned. Even if they do take things too far, they at least humanise the sport - which is great considering most are just corporate / faceless.

https://twitter.com/joesaward/status/452743663731638272

Now this could be interesting...

Wait, how do you post the tweet so you can see it without having to click at the link?

For whatever reason I though the race was at 7AM EST...but it's not. It's not until 11AM. Do I go back to sleep or stay up...