Sign in to follow this  

GULF Air Bahrain GP - 2014

mike96 said:
Beginning to look like the Mclaren is another potato of a car
I think it was more because of the safety car timing.
Magnussen was way down in 14th before the safety car came out. Button was about 6th or 7th i think so i assume Mag's car was either badly setup or he had a problem.

But still with the facilities they've got compared to FI or even Williams i'd have thought they would have produced a better car. Especially after last years attempt...

mike96 said:
Magnussen was way down in 14th before the safety car came out. Button was about 6th or 7th i think so i assume Mag's car was either badly setup or he had a problem.

But still with the facilities they've got compared to FI or even Williams i'd have thought they would have produced a better car. Especially after last years attempt...
Don't forget they aren't staying with Mercedes power for too long... It wouldn't be a surprise if they are the worst Mercedes engined team at the end of the season.

That was the best grand prix I've seen in ages, definitely this year. Its nice to see when there is complete domination it is with 2 cars and one that isn't a stuck up finger boy. #YesHamilton.

On a plus side is nice to know the forum is back, be it eventually :D

Hopefully people will get used to everything throughout the year. I think that is how it is most of the time to be honest. People need to get used to it. If you don't like it, simply don't watch the sport.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

Don't forget they aren't staying with Mercedes power for too long... It wouldn't be a surprise if they are the worst Mercedes engined team at the end of the season.
That doesn't mean that this season is irrelevant. There's chance for 2nd place in the constructors and 3rd and 4th in the drivers, and with such an advantage over the other engines i thought they would have had a better car

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

That doesn't mean that this season is irrelevant. There's chance for 2nd place in the constructors and 3rd and 4th in the drivers, and with such an advantage over the other engines i thought they would have had a better car
That's what I'm saying, perhaps the engine advantage they have isn't as big as the 3 other Mercedes-powered teams.

Of course, the only time I upload a photo to a website, it fails.....:P. Maldonado gets 5 grid penalty + 3 penalty points. Fair enough do you think?

Fia......what are you doing.....what are you doing. Must have secretly brought some alcohol on the plane with them!

Of course, the only time I upload a photo to a website, it fails.....:P. Maldonado gets 5 grid penalty + 3 penalty points. Fair enough do you think?
No not really. Too lenient imo. 

Nowhere near enough, IMO. That accident could have been a lot worse than it was, and, I think he should have at least a one race ban. Maybe I'm overreacting, but, that could have seriously hurt Esteban.

Nowhere near enough, IMO. That accident could have been a lot worse than it was, and, I think he should have at least a one race ban. Maybe I'm overreacting, but, that could have seriously hurt Esteban.
Nah I don't think you're overreacting at all. I think he should have a 1 race ban too. We never saw the incident where he tried to kill JEV either. Pastorito is an absolute **** imo.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
mike96 said:

That's what I'm saying, perhaps the engine advantage they have isn't as big as the 3 other Mercedes-powered teams.
I don't think its down to the engine, its more down to the aerodynamics. :/
Either way i hope the upgrades that come improve the car. Ted Kravitz was saying that the correlation between the wind tunnel and the car is good so yeah chance for it to improve. Although i think China will be similar to today, but once we're away from Tilkedromes it'll get better i hope :)

@jordieDAFC I don't think Button's race was that bad, he was 5th and could fight with the Force Indias for 3rd place until he had the clutch problem. Magnussen though...  :-/