Sign in to follow this  

GULF Air Bahrain GP - 2014

mike96 said:
@jordieDAFC I don't think Button's race was that bad, he was 5th and could fight with the Force Indias for 3rd place until he had the clutch problem. Magnussen though...  :-/
Hmmm, i suppose

KMag's struggled the last 2 races, think he's got the skill but its the first time he'll have driven on a lot of these tracks. But then again he'd never driven Albert Park either :P

I'm sure he'll be given time to prove himself, unlike Perez.......

Well a pretty mega race! Don't know why but the night time made this race come alive. It's really good to see proper wheel to wheel racing, and between team mates too, and for the lead and also throughout the pack. 

The Mercedes cars are just so quick. For the first 5 laps after the safety car they were pulling out around 3 seconds a lap more than the others. Unbelievable. Surprised Rosberg didn't get past Lewis to be honest. He was faster, but ultimately Lewis placed his car better and came out on top. 

For Force India, a great result. I love an underdog to do well. Great podium for Perez, and Hulkenberg 3rd in the championship now, the best of the rest behind Mercedes. Very impressive. And Force India 2nd in the constructors too. Really good package they seem to have, and two quick young drivers too. 

Williams seemed a bit unlucky with the safety car, but they had good pace in the race. They need to sort out their tyre degradation though as they seem to be worse than other teams on that front. 

Poor race for Ferrari. Alonso and Raikkonen being passed all the time. That will only support Di Montizemelo's views. I don't like that man. He is so happy when Ferrari wins but when they're beaten he's such a bad loser. When he made those comments on how bad the rules are, I mean what the hell, only two races had been completed by then. Now this race has been epic, I hope he changes his views. But he won't because he is all abouta forza Ferrari. 

Red Bull, sensational stuff from Ricciardo. He could be a star of the future. A really mature drive from the midfield, and he beat Vettel fair and square which I have taken a lot of delight from! The first race where both Vettel and Ricciardo finish, and Ricciardo wins, also from behind Vettel. 

I'm very pleased Lewis won the race. He is my favourite driver, always has been. Really disappointing for Button and McLaren. I'll be honest, I don't mind if Hamilton dominates every race. I always support the British drivers and as long as they do well I'm happy. 

For the Maldonado decision, I think the decision was right actually. He had a 10 second stop/go, and 3 points on the license which I think is enough. I think that if the tyres on Maldonado and Gutierrez's cars didn't touch and it ended up with Gutierrez just spinning then the penalty wouldn't have been as big as it is. Just really unlucky for Gutierrez to go over. Glad he is okay though. I think the Ricciardo decision from Malaysia though was just too much, so that is what makes people think the Maldonado penalty isn't enough. I know they want to stop any wheels flying off to prevent incidents like Nurburgring 2013, but punish the team maybe instead. A fine is no problem for a team like them, so I'm not sure how they'd punish the team, but a 10 place grid drop is too much.

By the way sorry that comes up as one long paragraph. On mobile it seems to just get rid of any paragraphs you've made and it puts it into one long thing

By the way sorry that comes up as one long paragraph. On mobile it seems to just get rid of any paragraphs you've made and it puts it into one long thing
Yeah I know. That p****s me off. So anoying.

I don't mind if Hamilton dominates every race. I always support the British drivers and as long as they do well I'm happy. I didn't like Vettel dominating because he isn't British. 

I'm afraid that bit is a :-q from me.

half the people commenting on here about Maldonado will log off here log onto psn or xbox live and immediately ram the person next to him off the track lol

E1 is boring this year, oops meant f1 or did I. all this hybrid tech aint what f1 is about. if nothing is done Ferrari,Red Bull and McLaren will leave and form a rival championship. Nikki Lauda would not have said what he said at the end if Mercedes had 2 dnfs now would he? ok so we got 2 cars fighting for the win, yet just a few years ago we had 7 different winners from 7 races. one step forward 6 steps back, nobody gets to the bar like that! :) peace

mike96 said:
Yeah that's a bit... you know.
Okay, sorry about that. I've edited my post and got rid of that bit. Sorry to anyone who may have thought that comment was a bit iffy.

half the people commenting on here about Maldonado will log off here log onto psn or xbox live and immediately ram the person next to him off the track lol

E1 is boring this year, oops meant f1 or did I. all this hybrid tech aint what f1 is about. if nothing is done Ferrari,Red Bull and McLaren will leave and form a rival championship. Nikki Lauda would not have said what he said at the end if Mercedes had 2 dnfs now would he? ok so we got 2 cars fighting for the win, yet just a few years ago we had 7 different winners from 7 races. one step forward 6 steps back, nobody gets to the bar like that! :) peace

Lol , you're clearly new , quite a few of us race in a league actually.

As for you're comments , F1 had to move on. F1 couldn't just stay in the V8 era forever. And , also , how can you come and say it's boring after a race like that. And this isn't the first year to be dominated either. Domination is more often the case than competitiveness in F1 sadly. You very rarely see a year like 2012.

The difference being those people logging on to PSN or XBL are playing VIDEO GAMES. Maldonado is straight up a terrible driver that is dangerous to both himself and his competitors and needs to be removed from the sport.

With the way he likes to make contact with competitors and not take ownership, not even NASCAR would want him.

No that ain't gonna happen mate. If nothing was done in the first place they would be more likely to leave in fact. The engine suppliers such as Renault, Mercedes would bail out because there wouldn't be a common need to stay in the sport in relation to their road cars. These recovery systems and hybrid technologies currently in F1 will eventually shuffle down into the team's road car businesses which is their main focus. The V8 engine, while creating a good noise was around 10 years behind in terms of current road car tech, and was needed to be shifted out with the current V6 Turbo which is reported to be 10 years ahead of its time. 

These new rules and regs further sustain the future of the sport whether you like it or not, and its going nowhere but in the same direction. 

E1 is boring this year, oops meant f1 or did I. all this hybrid tech aint what f1 is about. if nothing is done Ferrari,Red Bull and McLaren will leave and form a rival championship.

Part of  F1 is about inventing new technologies which will filter down into your future road cars. So i guarantee in whatever number of years, road cars will be using this sort of stuff. 

yet just a few years ago we had 7 different winners from 7 races. one step forward 6 steps back, nobody gets to the bar like that! :) peace

They do if the bar is behind them....

"Lotus' Pastor Maldonado says Esteban Gutierrez "left him nowhere to go" leading to the crash which saw the Sauber barrel-roll" Damn right he didnt! Who does that fake Sergio Perez think he is blocking off the Pastornator!

not too sure about that given what Ron Dennis said before the race started and tbh I agree with him I think it's just a case of people adjusting to the way F1 is now. it'll happen I think but it will take time

@couger1981 We all know Vettel isn't used to not being able to cheat! :p

Haha, I'm kidding.
And he still hasn't got overtaking down pat yet.