Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GULF Air Bahrain GP - 2014

Staged in the desert somewhere there will be a race with loads of fast cars, Chris and Matt will be delighted by my quick thinking..

I am very pleased indeed!

So what do you reckon will happen this weekend, in the first night race of the season :O

I'm expecting another Mercedes win. Not sure who, but it will be a Merc I'm sure.

Yeah, the Mercedes will dominate the season, maybe Red Bull can pull something back in the late Asian races. Just cheering on Bottas, normally makes things interesting cutting through the field.

Red Bull always seem to come really good at the end of the season with the Asian races. I don't know why, they always seem to up their game when everyone else seems to calm it down.

Don't take anything away from Red Bull yet, there is still over 15 races to go and there's always time to turn the tables. About the race itself, I think Mercedes will win. 

Red Bull always seem to come really good at the end of the season with the Asian races. I don't know why, they always seem to up their game when everyone else seems to calm it down.
A combination of having the most resources (most significant when it comes to in-season development), and factors such as Newey getting his head around the EBDs (2012) and one-off changes in regulations (tyres, 2013).

I think it'll be a Vettel win with one Mercedes on the podium. I think Hulkenberg will get 3rd.

Merc will probably win. I'm hoping Ferrari are able to fight up front. Red Bull of course will be strong but maybe more reliability niggles?

fIsince08 said:
I think it'll be a Vettel win with one Mercedes on the podium. I think Hulkenberg will get 3rd.
Crazy-talk.

Mercedes one-two again, Vettel likely third.

I'm surprised at how late a lot of you guys think Red Bull will catch up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them winning in Spain or Monaco.

I don't think its Red Bull that need to catch up its Renault and that could take a long time. I think there is pace in the Ferrari you can see in small bursts that they have the pace but again I think there engine is not as good as the Mercedes and the engine will play a massive part this year compared to the last decade where it was the aerodynamics. once the engines are developed to an almost equal measure then the downforce will again play the major role. Once they have more races we will have a better idea about who is extracting the most out of their package.

I think Hamilton will still be the class of the field. Not enough time has passed for Red Bull to make any significant changes, IMO.

I should correct my earlier post and say Mercedes will be the class of the field for a few more races, IMO.

I'm expecting a good battle between RB and Merc in the 2nd half of the season. Ferrari and McLaren can play huge parts in the season too if they start to shape up (also expecting a good battle between them throughout the season). Lotus is a laughing stock, and Hulk and Ricciardo look speedy. 

I'm not too bothered about Lotus, they dumped talent for money, social media was harsh to slower teams on Twitter, great to see them at the back.

I'm not too bothered about Lotus... social media was harsh to slower teams on Twitter
Where did you get that from? They're generally a pretty candid team, and often make fun of themselves too.

I'm not surprised at how late a lot of you guys think Red Bull will catch up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them whining in Spain or Monaco about it.
That's how I read your post SA ;)

Their social media guy got fired anyway I think. 
I loved their PR guy :(

The link in your signature doesn't seem to work, by the way.

Mercedes will surely win. 

I think Mercedes - Mercedes - Red Bull will be a familiar podium this year. Expecting Hulk, Kimi and Alonso to all be behind the Red Bulls along with the McLarens. 

I was hoping for a closer championship, something like 2010 or 2007 but it's only been two races, so hopefully Red Bull can catch up and then maybe a 4-way title fight - Hamilton Vs Vettel mainly with Rosberg and Ricciardo somewhere close behind? Ricciardo is looking pretty quick after the first two races.
I just hope the Engines aren't the deciding factor of who finishes where all the time, because some of the smaller teams have zero control over engines. Mercedes and Ferrari have a huge advantage in that sense when it comes to the top teams. 
Red Bull must be gutted, if they had a Mercedes engine, they may well have had the best car. But would Mercedes supply RBR next season? That'd be interesting...

Looking forward to this one. My money's on Hamilton, with Rosberg not too far behind. Hopefully we'll see the Williams and McLarens keep up a bit like they did in Aus. 

AMS97KRR said:
Mercedes will surely win. 

I think Mercedes - Mercedes - Red Bull will be a familiar podium this year. Expecting Hulk, Kimi and Alonso to all be behind the Red Bulls along with the McLarens. 

I was hoping for a closer championship, something like 2010 or 2007 but it's only been two races, so hopefully Red Bull can catch up and then maybe a 4-way title fight - Hamilton Vs Vettel mainly with Rosberg and Ricciardo somewhere close behind? Ricciardo is looking pretty quick after the first two races.
I just hope the Engines aren't the deciding factor of who finishes where all the time, because some of the smaller teams have zero control over engines. Mercedes and Ferrari have a huge advantage in that sense when it comes to the top teams. 
Red Bull must be gutted, if they had a Mercedes engine, they may well have had the best car. But would Mercedes supply RBR next season? That'd be interesting...
I seriously seriously seriously hope not. I think I'm not the only one who's had enough of the Red Bull domination. I don't care if Merc end up winning every race this season, all I can think is that at least it isn't Red Dull.