Sign in to follow this  

Selling cars...

I know this has been discussed but to be honest I still dont know what is the truth on this matter and hope you can help me sort it out without me having to take the risks! ;P

When you sell a +level 50 car and you buy it again, how does it come? Do you have to start from level 1 again and unlock everything? Does it maintain its level, meaning you have all tunning options and all upgrades available to be bought from scratch? Or do we have to level the car again from 1, but all tunning options and upgrades we had unlock previously, are available from the start?

Thanks for the help!

@VGSpeedPro‌ once you sell a car you loose everything on it, meaning if you buy the same car, you get a level 1 car even if it's a 2nd hand with lots of mileage.

Thanks guys for your feedback! :) I wanted to test something: trying to figure if there is any performance difference between cars that have full tuning and no part upgrades bought (like the cars in TT) and those who are also fully tuned, but have upgrade parts bought just not installed (in theory shouldnt be any difference). Now that I think of it, maybe I can use TT and Custom Cup to test this...

You can test this in online - all you have to do is buy a second, brand new car and upgrade it to the level you want to test it at.

Note that there is no limitation as to how many cars of the same model you have in your garage, all you need is slots...

Hope this helps.

P.S.: there is difference between a stock tuned car and an upgraded and tuned one - it is not huge but when it comes to good drivers it's more than enough to get you a sec or two advantage.

P.S.2: what I am wondering is whether the win ratio of a car makes any difference in its performance... if it doesn't then why it is at all indicated in vehicle's history?

@Boyan Upgrades make the car worse, that I have felt, mainly engine. Fly and Brakes, not sure if there is any difference.

What I intend to find out is if the fact you bought the upgrades is already enough to make a car worse compare to a car you never bought the upgrades, even if in the 1st case you have the upgrades uninstalled. Dont know if I made myself clear! ;P

@Boyan Upgrades make the car worse, that I have felt, mainly engine. Fly and Brakes, not sure if there is any difference.
Allow me to disagree :)

Ive been driving the same car for nearly 300 races and I win most and have never repaired it and its been at 0% forever.  I will never sell it.  No need to.

I have noticed nothing significant in upgrades, now tuning that is another story.  Obviously being able to modify gears and downforce will make you faster.

Fortunately for us sometimes the tuning just maxes itself out without you having to purchase it.  Its one of the only beneficial bugs in the game.

What I am about to say may only be my imagination or can only be me knowing the car/track combination better, but here is what it felt with this car (Super UTE) in this track (Bathurst) (using TT and custom cup modes to compare): having it with upgrades bought but uninstalled (Time Attack Custom Cup) felt better then a car with no upgrades bought (TT); having flywheel upgrade installed felt more consistent and a little faster; having brakes made the car more inconsistent under braking; having the engine is worse all around, absolutely no upside.

There is a bug in this game that means upgrades dont work or work not like they are supposed to when you have tuning on. This means that only in Custom Rooms where tuning is off you can actually feel what the upgrades bring.

Bottom line, if I am right, everytime tuning is on, remove upgrades or just use flywheel. If you enter a custom cup with tuning off, then install all upgrades! :P

PS: In Street, Weight appears to be also a valid upgrade.

what happens if I have an Upgraded car and I enter a No Upgrade Custom Cup? can I still select my car and remove the upgrades in the Padock Area?