Sign in to follow this  

A PC-Forum and a Consoles-Forum

I for one would really appreciate if the Forum was divided into a consoles-section and a pc-section.
Feels as if the most naive discussion are going on among the console-players, and I wouldn't mind getting rid of them by having an own forum for the PC-section.

Not on our plans, would suggest if you want 'native' PC discussion you utilise the Steam forums (I'm active over there as well) :)

Right now I don't see the need to split the Community based on their platform of choice.

I think a lot of people here game on both systems (I happen to be one of those) though so  really it's best to keep things as they are. if you want a PC only discussion or a console only one then the best thing to do would be to just set a thread up and those that want to contribute to it can.

I think a lot of people here game on both systems (I happen to be one of those) though so  really it's best to keep things as they are. if you want a PC only discussion or a console only one then the best thing to do would be to just set a thread up and those that want to contribute to it can.
Hey, now that would be interesting to know, because i think that you are a rarity [pc and consoler on same game]
dya know how to set-up an online poll on this forum to ask the question?

your other suggestion wouldnt work imo, be too messy and confusing.

This isnt a new idea...its been done elsewhere...infact, didnt the old grid #1 forums used to be that way? [separate pc and console forums i mean]

erm what? how can you not feel the need to sub forum the consols and such? other dev forums do it so why not you? its so much more easier if there was a console and pc section. it takes like 2 mins to add to forum and thats it. not hard at all. and yes i know as ive ran a forum before. but hey who are we when it comes to CM and decision making?

sgll said:
erm what? how can you not feel the need to sub forum the consols and such? other dev forums do it so why not you? its so much more easier if there was a console and pc section. it takes like 2 mins to add to forum and thats it. not hard at all. and yes i know as ive ran a forum before. but hey who are we when it comes to CM and decision making?
Right now it would be fragmenting things a bit thin I think, that's the primary reason. If the forums were over flowing with requests for it then we'd of course consider it.

Right now a lot of the discussion that is taking place is relevant to all platforms :)

I think it would help if the technical assistance forum was split for obvious reasons but see no need in the general discussion.

We on console have, "naive" issues?  What exactly does that even mean?  Our time trial does not function properly even after having to wait two months for it.  We dont have the dlc that we purchased.  I could go on and on.  Are we not allowed to post because it gets in the way of your 6th patch?

Goonertez said:
Hey, now that would be interesting to know, because i think that you are a rarity [pc and consoler on same game]

This isnt a new idea...its been done elsewhere...infact, didnt the old grid #1 forums used to be that way? [separate pc and console forums i mean]
I meant that I play games in general on both console and PC as I own a PS3 too and recently bought an XB1. I do not necessarily play the same games though as I only have Autosport for example on PC, and yes I do know how to set up polls on this forum.

why is this still being debated @Loore‌  said that its not happening.
cos its a forum and we can debate anything. dont like dont comment. not rocket science is it

as mentioned earlier, the original Grid forum was divided into the above mentioned platforms, and that worked well in those days. I can't see why it shouldn't be a benefit for the different sections, since the upcoming issues are often related to which platform you are using.

Goonertez said:

I meant that I play games in general on both console and PC as I own a PS3 too and recently bought an XB1. I do not necessarily play the same games though as I only have Autosport for example on PC, and yes I do know how to set up polls on this forum.
Ah...i see, so you dont play this game [to which this forum relates to] on both console and pc, glad thats cleared up becuase you had me thinking the complete opposite....not to mind!

but now i cant see why you would  put this forward an a point to keep the forum un-divided! can you clarify?

be no point puttin up the poll now because like i said, I bet that folk who play this game  on pc and console are in the minority big time <1%....wouldnt you agree?

sgll said:
why is this still being debated @Loore‌  said that its not happening.
cos its a forum and we can debate anything. dont like dont comment. not rocket science is it
likin your thinkin man!

Goonertez said:
Goonertez said:

Ah...i see, so you dont play this game [to which this forum relates to] on both console and pc, glad thats cleared up becuase you had me thinking the complete opposite....not to mind!

but now i cant see why you would  put this forward an a point to keep the forum un-divided! can you clarify?

be no point puttin up the poll now because like i said, I bet that folk who play this game  on pc and console are in the minority big time <1%....wouldnt you agree?
There are some games I play on both though like Fifa as I've got Fifa 15 on pre-order for both the XB1 and PC but I agree with you

Goonertez said:
 I agree with you
you agree with me?
you realise im the enemy faction dont you? [and undisputed kings of north london]
I gathered that but I was erffering to the point you made not your choice of team :p

TUSMBOX said:
Hey, how's the air up there on your high horse? I heard it's rather thin.
ahahaha LOL i like your comment man! I laughed so hard that i could wet my pants! :#