Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minor QoL request: prevent mouse cursor appearing while driving

As per title: sometimes I'll knock the mouse slightly while driving, and having the cursor appear can be distracting. I'm lucky enough to have dual monitors so I can just move the pointer off to the other screen, but for people with single screens it could be more of a problem.

I don't think there's actually anything you can click on while driving anyway, is there?

caerphoto said:
I don't think there's actually anything you can click on while driving anyway, is there?
Nope. I'd very much like to see the cursor **** off as well.

Body is 40 characters too short. Man, how am I going to find 40 characters around here, it was supposed to be just a picture.

kobeshow said:
http://imgur.com/rZwK94X

Body is 40 characters too short. Man, how am I going to find 40 characters around here, it was supposed to be just a picture.

Edit: apparently I constantly fail to remember how to attach images.

Gotta get the direct link to the image, not the album. http://i.imgur.com/rZwK94X.jpg - but that's not all. You also need to click the "image" button above the post, and paste the link in the small box that appears, like so:

While your "solution" is simple, it's annoying having to think of doing that every time I want to play Dirt 4. It serves exactly zero purpose while driving, so it should not be there at all.

it shouldnt be too hard to fix.what annoys me is it only seems to want to jump into the middle of your screen when you doing a epic run :'( especially annoying if you trying to record aswell.

Thanks, I treid all kinds of methods, didn't think of removing the HTML tags from the direct link since I was in a hurry. Don't worry next time I'll forget it again.

I'll admit it is a solution from the stone age, but CM have all kinds of things to take care of in D4, my guess is that this would be very low on the list, if there is a list at all.

kobeshow said:
Thanks, I treid all kinds of methods, didn't think of removing the HTML tags from the direct link since I was in a hurry. Don't worry next time I'll forget it again.

I'll admit it is a solution from the stone age, but CM have all kinds of things to take care of in D4, my guess is that this would be very low on the list, if there is a list at all.
Depends on how easy it is to fix though. I obviously don't have access to or know anything about the game's code, so I'm not in any position to say how easy or hard it'd be. I know full well that things that appear superficially trivial can sometimes be a nightmare to actually do something about.

dgeesi0 said:
it shouldnt be too hard to fix.what annoys me is it only seems to want to jump into the middle of your screen when you doing a epic run :'( especially annoying if you trying to record aswell.
It was fixed in DR after release so I believe it is doable in a reasonable timeframe. Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

yes it was in dirt rally early on.