Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 New Game Menu and Hud Revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv3cH-xdEt0

A like on the video would be appreciated and subscribe for more F1 2014 Gaming News first and F1 gaming videos such as F1 challenge 99-02 Career Mode, F1 2013 - 2003 MOD Career Mode.
What are you thoughts on the gameplay and the game menu?

Just to note: ERS isn't activated like KERS. It's boost comes automatically based on how the team has set it for a particular track. There is no input from the driver in the cockpit. That is why there is nothing on the HUD for it.

Can only comment on the gameplay by seeing video footage. Even then we can't feel the physics so it's hard to say how good or bad they are.

In other words its exactly the same with different background pictures on the menus and probably another rendition of Codemasters concerto of generic psuedo classical menu music. Nothing to see here...

Just to note: ERS isn't activated like KERS. It's boost comes automatically based on how the team has set it for a particular track. There is no input from the driver in the cockpit. That is why there is nothing on the HUD for it.

Can only comment on the gameplay by seeing video footage. Even then we can't feel the physics so it's hard to say how good or bad they are.
I've had a few comments similar to that. I meant the FOM hud in the real f1 footage which shows the ERS usage. Maybe like an addon to the hud on the right hand side which shows the fuel and engine mix.

^ I doubt Codemasters will take any ideas from the FOM HUD, that would be too sensible and add too much authenticity. They only implement feature that they deem "add to the game"

I've had a few comments similar to that. I meant the FOM hud in the real f1 footage which shows the ERS usage. Maybe like an addon to the hud on the right hand side which shows the fuel and engine mix.
Ah I get what you mean now. That screenshot only shows one part of the car status HUD so it could be possible something like that is on one of the other two parts of that menu. Although I imagine it is unlikely unfortunately.
I would think the ERS would show up on the car status menu assuming it's a part of the car that can fail from time to time (like KERS and DRS in previous games). It's possible it could tell you how much power it's used on the same menu but don't hold your breath on that.

It says a lot about the way this game is being handled pre-release that we're a little over a month out form release and we're considering seeing the menus a 'leak'. I notice that topic about the Japanese trial play isn't going anywhere, I wonder if that's all 'post approval' mode now? Let's go see...

Yup, this entire thing is becoming one big joke. Codies is turning into Turn10. Slightly Mad Studios will be the new top dog.

Brand new F12014 features:

- Very easy mode (lol amazing)
- Expanded scenario mode

Could there be even more hype this year?

I wonder if they've made all the wheels the same this year because they all now actually have information on them that we need (ERS, fuel flow etc.) that aren't on the HUD so perhaps they've gone with just the one design that's easy to understand at the cost of unique wheels. Just a thought. If that's the case I would expect them to be unique again for the next game.

Well there's no massive difference to F1 2013 as that's kind of expected. I just really hope that the next-gen F1 game returns to the live the life menus, because they make you feel like the driver. 

I wonder if they've made all the wheels the same this year because they all now actually have information on them that we need (ERS, fuel flow etc.) that aren't on the HUD so perhaps they've gone with just the one design that's easy to understand at the cost of unique wheels. Just a thought. If that's the case I would expect them to be unique again for the next game.
I'd certainly take generic wheels if it means more useful info, since I play with HUD off, but if that's the intention then why they couldn't just come out and say that's why they're doing it I don't know. Doesn't explain the Williams display not being on the cockpit where it should be either.

hola said:

- Expanded scenario mode

You're forgetting shorter seasons in Career (tracks chosen by game).. Get your facts straight before slagging off my beloved Codemasters please. This is the most feature packed, historically correct, child friendly game in the history of Formula 1. Thanks Codies, cant wait to throw my money your way

certainly is possible I remember Geoff Crammond Grand Prix 2 had this approach too and it worked quite well

MUZZARIOL said:
hola said:

- Expanded scenario mode

You're forgetting shorter seasons in Career (tracks chosen by game).. Get your facts straight before slagging off my beloved Codemasters please. This is the most feature packed, historically correct, child friendly game in the history of Formula 1. Thanks Codies, cant wait to throw my money your way

I love a bit of sarcasm!!! LOL!!