Sign in to follow this  

Sochi 'Hot Lap' with Torro Rosso!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFGfznsAZOw

It's a long old lap.... Reminds me a bit of Valencia with all the grey walls!! Still no T-cam lap!!!

@Hatta how about a traditional onboard camera hotlap driven by a human ? These replay cam AI driven hotlaps are terrible... 

skye thats not going to happen mate, im sick of asking the same wuestion, and why the hell do they change the camera every second,,, 

Has been requested several times before in other threads. How dare they call them hotlaps! Don't look very hot to me lol.

Clearly Codies aren't listening to a word anyone says. There is no way anyone can tell anything about the game or even track from that video. Almost everyone has been saying that since the first video they showed of F1 2014 and still they're exactly the same. Its embarrassing seeing the comments on all videos being the same all the time. Lack of effort gets you nothing Codies.

Has been requested several times before in other threads. How dare they call them hotlaps! Don't look very hot to me lol.
I'm not sure but to me something is being hidden from us with these so called 'Hot Laps'.... I just can't put my finger on what it is....... Other than the game looks just like F1 2013 but with a different sound.....

Lack of information/interaction is the worst plan ever. They should be showing F1 2014 since may,and revealed that next gen F1 will come out next year sooner than they did. Hope they learn the lesson and next year advertise their game properly.

its like ford saying we have the new 2014 model coming out in 2 months hears a few screen shots of it and hears a few crap videos to go with it, but we wont release any more info till the day its released......

lol they just won't show actual gameplay. Keep on improving your reputation like that Birmingham.

mmpaw37 said:

In fact, I am not entirely sure as to why I keep this account going?

This forum, like our opinions mean nothing to Codemasters...Why are we here...?

Absolutely!!!! Come on you people at CM.... where are you T4RGA? HATTA? LOORE? (or whatever his name is it's been that long) Paul Jeel (what's happened to him? is he still at CM? Reply to us, your customers, here!! Show us that you are interested in our opinions and you care... Not on Twitter or on Facebook, but here the forum... If you don't there won't be much point in releasing your next game as no one will be interesed!!!

mmpaw37 said:

Funny how they haven't even made a topic about this hotlap video. It's like they really hope everyone forgets this game exists or something.

Araqiel said:
mmpaw37 said:

Funny how they haven't even made a topic about this hotlap video. It's like they really hope everyone forgets this game exists or something.
More or less. They knew we (the ones with a brain) would be bashing them for this. They are just relying on the new customers only this time. This is why I still don't get how come they decided to open another forum again, and switched radically their attitude toward the "acid" users. If we still were in the old forum, even more in the older fora, most critic topics would be constantly dissapearing, and forum users been banned in sight, all in the name of that swift form of censorship they have always liked so much, the "Constructive Criticism", which is the fashion nowadays in most forum anyway, whether official or not.

Actually, not wasting money on adevertising this game is the smartest way to go once you stop by for a moment and try to think they way they might do. I'm sure they are just trying to resist all the flak 'till the moment comes eventually to show the next gen game with the new engine, and I must admit I'm still hoping big time for the next tittle,  because they should have got rid of all classic bugs and mistakes from the od engine, as well as building pretty much better and intense physics.

If they end up dissapointing me with the new engine too, then I will give up, indeed

hola said:
Araqiel said:
mmpaw37 said:

More or less. They knew we (the ones with a brain) would be bashing them for this. They are just relying on the new customers only this time. This is why I still don't get how come they decided to open another forum again, and switched radically their attitude toward the "acid" users. If we still were in the old forum, even more in the older fora, most critic topics would be constantly dissapearing, and forum users been banned in sight, all in the name of that swift form of censorship they have always liked so much, the "Constructive Criticism", which is the fashion nowadays in most forum anyway, whether official or not.

Actually, not wasting money on adevertising this game is the smartest way to go once you stop by for a moment and try to think they way they might do. I'm sure they are just trying to resist all the flak 'till the moment comes eventually to show the next gen game with the new engine, and I must admit I'm still hoping big time for the next tittle,  because they should have got rid of all classic bugs and mistakes from the od engine, as well as building pretty much better and intense physics.

If they end up dissapointing me with the new engine too, then I will give up, indeed
Pretty much everything here is how I feel.

mmpaw37 said:

Well here we go again...Same old video...Same old 'Hotlap'

It is quite obvious now as to what they've done in regards to these 'Hotlaps', they must have recorded these videos in one go, which would explain the lack of difference between them all. They all have the sound 'bug' still present in them, which also means this issue will be fixed in a patch either from release day or soon after.

I don't know about you guys/gals, but these videos are very boring and show nothing of importance, and as the previous poster said, It feels as though something is being hidden.

My decision to cancel my pre-order is now justified, and at this moment in time, the more I think about not purchasing this title is getting stronger!.

Did you really think they will fix the sound bug xD...CM is the new EA for me...i can not believe that i say that but i wish that CM looses the F1 licence!!

I wasn't sure about the Sochi circuit when I first saw the first videos. Now that the circuit is painted and has actual kerbs it looks really good and I'm impressed with it. I'm really looking forward to this year's edition.

mmpaw37 said:

To be quite honest...

In the recent weeks I have without question, become very concerned and annoyed with Codemasters...Whether it is here on the forum/Twitter/Facebook or their official websites, there is without doubt a serious lack of interaction and enthusiasm directed at us, the consumers, and unfortunately disgusts me!

What on earth has happened to you Codemasters???

I can remember when F1 2010 was announced, and the subsequent developer videos and interaction was exceptional!...Where the hell has this gone...?

I put this to you Codemasters...If you seriously think that your conduct will benefit your cause, then you are seriously deluded and mistaken. I can see you now, sat behind your desks viewing all these posts/threads and saying, "Well all this doesn't matter, we know they will purchase this", OR, "We're so confident that when '2015' arrives, we've got them hook, line and sinker and they will buy that too!"...well...THINK AGAIN!

What you fail to realise Codemasters(and I say that very loosely at this moment), If one person such as I have these feelings then you can be assured, there are many others who feel the same way, And with your sales record reducing to a very alarming rate, I would be seriously concerned!.

Your confidence is your weakness...

Look, I could go on and on all day long about your apparent lack of enthusiasm, work ethic and business model, however right or wrong. The fact is, my presence here on this forum is due to making others aware(whether they already know is irrelevant), of my opinions and concerns in the hope they can reach the only conclusion that I and many have already made.

If we, the customers, continue to purchase these titles without any regard for the quality therein, then it becomes our only fault if this diminishes...which without question has happened!.

However, As I am typing this I am also very aware that no matter what opinion or suggestions we have, they obviously go unheard or ignored, and therefore my post becomes redundant...to Codemasters at least!

To end, all I can say is I hope you know what you are doing and how you continue to treat your customers, It is US remember who put you were you are, and I hope you don't forget that...

Well said. Personally I'm seriously thinking of writing a letter to FOM about the lack of authenticity in the game and the extreme lack of acknowledgement on CM's part to their customers questions.

Rancie said:
mmpaw37 said:h

To be quite honest...

In the recent weeks I have without question, become very concerned and annoyed with Codemasters...Whether it is here on the forum/Twitter/Facebook or their official websites, there is without doubt a serious lack of interaction and enthusiasm directed at us, the consumers, and unfortunately disgusts me!

What on earth has happened to you Codemasters???

I can remember when F1 2010 was announced, and the subsequent developer videos and interaction was exceptional!...Where the hell has this gone...?

I put this to you Codemasters...If you seriously think that your conduct will benefit your cause, then you are seriously deluded and mistaken. I can see you now, sat behind your desks viewing all these posts/threads and saying, "Well all this doesn't matter, we know they will purchase this", OR, "We're so confident that when '2015' arrives, we've got them hook, line and sinker and they will buy that too!"...well...THINK AGAIN!

What you fail to realise Codemasters(and I say that very loosely at this moment), If one person such as I have these feelings then you can be assured, there are many others who feel the same way, And with your sales record reducing to a very alarming rate, I would be seriously concerned!.

Your confidence is your weakness...

Look, I could go on and on all day long about your apparent lack of enthusiasm, work ethic and business model, however right or wrong. The fact is, my presence here on this forum is due to making others aware(whether they already know is irrelevant), of my opinions and concerns in the hope they can reach the only conclusion that I and many have already made.

If we, the customers, continue to purchase these titles without any regard for the quality therein, then it becomes our only fault if this diminishes...which without question has happened!.

However, As I am typing this I am also very aware that no matter what opinion or suggestions we have, they obviously go unheard or ignored, and therefore my post becomes redundant...to Codemasters at least!

To end, all I can say is I hope you know what you are doing and how you continue to treat your customers, It is US remember who put you were you are, and I hope you don't forget that...

Well said. Personally I'm seriously thinking of writing a letter to FOM about the lack of authenticity in the game and the extreme lack of acknowledgement on CM's part to their customers questions.
Fantastic idea. I never thought of that and I fully back that action.

Sorry to break your dream bubble guys,but as long as CM are filling Uncle B pockets with $$$ they are free to do whatever they want with the license...Money talks louder than words

Money is paid for the right to release an official product so the license fee is not sales related.Like the tv rights CM pays before the actual release of the game and i dont believe poor sales are affecting the cost of the license.

They cant show us a full T-Cam lap due to "licencing issues", Tilke and Uncle Bernie would have their heads on sticks if the track layout was revealed prior to the inaugural GP.

The lack of realistic replay camera angles is apparantly down to "console limitations", despite the fact that TV style replays and camera angles have been the bread and butter of any driving game almost since the DOS days!

The games are under developed due to "Codemasters lacking the money and resources of bigger developers", even though theyve charged F1 fans full price for recycled games for 3 years.

Basically, according to Codies and their legion of loyal disciples on this forum, everyones to blame but themselves. So hand over your cash people out of sympathy for Codies they need your support

The track looks like valencia and Abu Dhabi mixed together. Hard to judge the track though based on this vid with camera's all over the place. What happened to good old onboard video's. Not possible due to license is BS, as they've done that in previous years, even of new circuits like when we first had COTA.

I have to agree with those posting about the lack of interest of CM for F1 2014. It's a disgrace with all the features they stripped out that they still have a release date of october, why not in August? They certainly aren't adding anything new.

I wish CM would take an example of Ubisoft with the Assassin's Creed franchise. Of course a racing game is different to a action/adventure/platform game, but the care, level of detail and immersion in those games is amazing, and each title adds something to the mythology.

With CM, up to and including F1 2013 they did all add something to it, but they also wrecked certain key features that players expect as default in an official F1 game (3 practice sessions being an obvious example. They have the official F1 game, it shouldn't even have been an option for them to leave it out as it's part of the official race weekend format).
They have a safety car which only makes an appearance when christmas and easter fall on the same day. And worst of all, every single year it's the same problems with AI (first lap speed, backmarkers slowing mid-corner, advancing time in sessions messing up AI pace, AI not equally affected by tyre wear / fuel consumption / weather, savegame corruption etc).
Also highly requested features such as formation laps, podium, grid animatics, telemetry, interactive pitstops, junior racing categories like GP2 are simply ignored in favor of things like a shorter career mode (where you can't even choose which tracks), scenario mode or young driver test, which have no replay value.

I really hope CM make F1 2015 worthwile, as I'm one of the people who have loved every previous installment of the game, despite the issues. The best one so far imho is F1 2012, as the tyrewear in F1 2013 was over the top and not equal to the AI (even with TC on). The classic content in F1 2013 was nice (especially Imola), but as there was no structure to it, there's little replay value.

I have little hope for F1 2014. Everything mention so far is underwhelming at best. But I'll see the reviews come release day.

There's not much to add at this point since everything has been said so well, so I'll just say I'm absolutely disgusted with Codemasters. Formula 1 is the one form of motorsport that means the most to me, and to see the only official product being treated like this by CM is utterly heart breaking.

Nowhere else can we get our Formula 1 racing fix, and for the foreseeable future it seems it will remain that way. So desperately do I want a stellar F1 racing experience, and it's crushing how CM are treating their privilege to hold the license like a bag of sh** with the constant silence, lame excuses, a sheer pathetic attempt at these hot laps videos, but most of all the fact that 2014 was decided to simply be 2013 with a new skin. That one hurts the most because of all the time and money that went into building my racing rig, Thrustmaster TX with Ferrari F1 rim, and Xbox One hoping I'd be playing F1 2014 on my most prized possession in my game room.

I can honestly, without a doubt state that I truly hope Codemasters lose their precious F1 license, and it goes to another studio with the hunger and desire to make the franchise fresh and amazing as it should damn well be. Formula 1 is the pinnacle of motorsport; shouldn't the franchise be the pinnacle of racing games?

Think about that Codemasters. You blew it. You straight up dropped the f**king ball. I sincerely hope you are happy with how much you've alienated us; your paying customers. Your fans.