Sign in to follow this  

Vacuum cleaners and Kettles!!!!

F1 2014 sounds like someone vacuuming their floor while a kettle is boiling in the background!!! Just an observation LOL!!! :smiley: 

APR193 said:
To be fair its almost identical to what they sound like in real life.
Sure mate but that doesn't say much about the current sound of the F1 cars.... Also the tyre skidding effect sounds like a chicken!! hahaha :disagree: 

If there's anything in F1 2014 you can't blame CM for then it's the sound. It's the same shit like in real life.

Tourgott said:
If there's anything in F1 2014 you can't blame CM for then it's the sound. It's the same shit like in real life.
No your correct but i can blame them for the sound bug that still exists in the new 'hot lap' video at Sochi!!!

Im sorry, Ive heard the cars at a Grand Prix and Codemasters sound nothing like them, or how they come across on TV.

But I agree with the fact that they sound rubbish anyway, and Formula 1 is being systematically torn apart by the powers that run it

I was at the Spanish GP In Cataluña, and those engines did sound a lot better and much more powerful than this.

They could sound like clown cars for all I care, I watch motor racing for the racing.
So do I
I thought that too but then I went to the British GP and they had a parade of previous F1 cars before the race. OH MY GOD had I forgotten what we've been missing even from the V8's. Even with just one modern F1 car, the 2012 RBR, it was louder than the entire grid of the 2014 cars. I admit that on TV all that matters is the racing, which has been great, but the new engines mean that the brutality, the edge, the "X-Factor" of  the F1 spectacle is gone. They were even out-louded by the Porsche Supercup cars.

BTW if F1 cars had comedy clown horns I would be perfectly fine with that. :)

doyley101 said:
They could sound like clown cars for all I care, I watch motor racing for the racing.
So do I
I thought that too but then I went to the British GP and they had a parade of previous F1 cars before the race. OH MY GOD had I forgotten what we've been missing even from the V8's. Even with just one modern F1 car, the 2012 RBR, it was louder than the entire grid of the 2014 cars. I admit that on TV all that matters is the racing, which has been great, but the new engines mean that the brutality, the edge, the "X-Factor" of  the F1 spectacle is gone. They were even out-louded by the Porsche Supercup cars.

Yeah the old cars aer noisier I know but I've never watched F1 for the noise I've watched it because as I like that kind of racing. Although I've not heard the new cars I do remember the cars that Hill and Schumacher drove weer extremely noisy as I went to Silverstone to watch a quali session once. These days I can't afford to go so make do watching these beasts on TV

doyley101 said:
So do I

Yeah the old cars aer noisier I know but I've never watched F1 for the noise I've watched it because as I like that kind of racing. Although I've not heard the new cars I do remember the cars that Hill and Schumacher drove weer extremely noisy as I went to Silverstone to watch a quali session once. These days I can't afford to go so make do watching these beasts on TV
I went to the australian gp last year and this year and of course the cars sound so different, but standing right next to the exit of turn 11 and 12 (the fast chicane) it was amazing, the sound was really good and the drivers getting sideways on the astroturf was simply stunning, of course the cars sound lame and boring on the tv but the turbo and whistling sound you hear in real life is undescribable. 

doyley101 said:
So do I

I went to the australian gp last year and this year and of course the cars sound so different, but standing right next to the exit of turn 11 and 12 (the fast chicane) it was amazing, the sound was really good and the drivers getting sideways on the astroturf was simply stunning, of course the cars sound lame and boring on the tv but the turbo and whistling sound you hear in real life is undescribable. 
I was there, they sound completely different trackside than on TV. Every engine had its own sound too, which was much more noticable at the track than on TV. Still, if I had my way we'd be going back to a 3.5L formula with engine manufacturers having the freedom to pick whatever configuration they deem best. I want V12's back in F1

I dont agree on the sound of the cars being horrible see! quieter yes but when I watch the F1 the cars make lovely sounds through my surround sound. If you watch on the bbc you dont hear them at all but sky really do have amazing 5.1 surround sound and they capture the sounds great imo. I do miss the high revving sound of the v8s and 10s but think the v6s would sound just as good (in different ways) if only they had more volume to them.

hola said:
I was at the Spanish GP In Cataluña, and those engines did sound a lot better and much more powerful than this.
I also went to the Spanish GP, low end grunt is impressive, you can also hear the cars cut through the air on the drive by. Just missing the high end scream.

automa said:
hola said:
I also went to the Spanish GP, low end grunt is impressive, you can also hear the cars cut through the air on the drive by. Just missing the high end scream.
You can blame that on the fuel flow limit and reliability issues. Most reliability has been sorted and, if the manufacturers were comfortable, they could rev the hell out of them.

I love the turbos, but for some reason these cars are so much more quiet than the old turbocharged cars. Maybe it's down to exhaust design and the new hybrid power.

Not if you own a Supra it isn't : )  There's nothing exotic or cutting edge sounding about the current engines and exhaust systems. They're no better than a nicely tuned inline 6 street car.