Sign in to follow this  

Wheel HUD what it have?

Hi, in the last video in Sochi we can see the HUD in the Toro Rosso in the Wheel, (but it don´t change in the lap).

As I see, in the right top corner we have the position, in the left top corner the last lap, and in the center the gear. The other numbers are they for?

I think if we have in the left top corner the sector times, so for example, we pass the first sector, and make 0.3 better than the last lap, so in the wheel we must have -0.3 during a seconds. In the second corner, for example we do a 1.3 worst sector, in the wheel we must have +1.3 for a few seconds.

What do you opine?

I wonder if ERS usage is one of the numbers on there. I know that was a worry in another thread.

Well the number on the left is 77, so it is possible it's % ERS usage, but it could also be fuel remaining.  the ones on the right are 101, and look to be a front/rear number, you'd think it should be brake bias, but 101 doesn't make sense for that.  It's probably a bug and they didn't expect us to analyse the numbers.  Now, none of these numbers change between the two points they are shown to us in the lap (0:55 and 1:22), so that would point to the left number more likely being fuel than ERS, as if it was ERS it should definitely have gone down.  So i'm going to say the left one is Fuel, and the right two are front/rear brake bias, or possibly tire wear/temperature.

This just proves Codemasters have been drip feeding you people bulldust for the last 4 years.

They said they couldnt change the name on the overalls due to licencing, they said career numbers add nothing to the game (with others jumping on the licencing bandwagon saying FOM wont allow it), they said they cant alter any aspect of the cars real world appearance.

So explain to me what gives them the freedom to put any generic steering wheel on the car? Why are you allowed to change your helmet (all real driver helmets have sponsors on them) but not pick your own number? How are they allowed to completely butcher the non-alcohol Bahrain Williams livery?

They blame all their lazyness on FOM, licencing, or hardware limitations and some people take their pathetic PR crap as gospel

I really cant understand what the excuse for generic wheels will be.No time?Come on ,amateurs have created full steering wheels from scratch for mods outhere and codies will say that professionals couldnt make it in more time and with far more resources than ordinary modders.A major bummer for me.

mmpaw37 said:
macebig said:
I really cant understand what the excuse for generic wheels will be.No time?Come on ,amateurs have created full steering wheels from scratch for mods outhere and codies will say that professionals couldnt make it in more time and with far more resources than ordinary modders.A major bummer for me.

There is no excuse at all...It's just pure laziness and Codies know it!
After seeing the threadhttp://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3528/releasing-in-japan-2-weeks-before-everywhere-else#latest  Is it possible that all this staleness, lack of information, and  pure ignorance from CM is down to Namco Bandai? After all, before 2013 the games were published by Codemasters, but since 2013 Namco Bandai have been in charge and the fiasco in North America was their fault. Maybe this is the reason for how so much has changed with reference to no one from CM speaking anymore, because they are told not to!

mmpaw37 said:
macebig said:

There is no excuse at all...It's just pure laziness and Codies know it!
I promise you it isn't mmpaw37. As far as I'm aware we were faced with a resource issue for the wheels, and sadly the only option was to create a generic wheel for teams using the new display. Well there was another option, we could have just kept the wheels the same, but we did not want to do that. 

This wasn't what I or any of the other team wanted, but sadly, due to the resource issue, it was the only real option we had facing us. 

As for the wheel HUD. Centre is gear (obviously). Left is previous lap time. Right is position. I'll ask about the rest.

The two metrics to the right of the gear number are your front and rear tyre temps. The metric to the left of the gear is your engine temp.

So how will we know when ERS is being used?
Why do you need to know if its all done automatically and out of your control?

Well I figured if the drivers themselves know when the system deploys, then why shouldn't we? Shouldn't we be able to choose in the garage when the system deploys?

Well I figured if the drivers themselves know when the system deploys, then why shouldn't we? Shouldn't we be able to choose in the garage when the system deploys?
No I think you should be able to, but when you can't (I think I'm right in saying you can't in game) then it has no purpose on the wheel in my opinion

I wonder if ERS usage is one of the numbers on there. I know that was a worry in another thread.
ERS isn't like KERS and I think thats confusing people a little bit, KERS activates on a press of the button and is activated by the driver when he wants however in 2014 ERS is automatic the car is deloying it quite often infact exiting almost everycorner ERS is active to give acceleration, only time its not auto is for overtake button which i doubt is in game at this point haha anyway as ERS is automatic you wouldnt need a display of how much you have left like you do with KERS once your used to it youll probably forget ERS is there completely (unless you come out of a slow corner on old tyres with no traction control of course hahaha)

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of how ERS works in the game. A bit black and white at the moment. @Hatta can you find out?

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of how ERS works in the game. A bit black and white at the moment. @Hatta can you find out?
Hatta will sort that out im sure but im going to take a guess that its just an automatic thing that you wont have to worry about, the game will designate where to deploy it and how much thats my guess anyway but we shall see :P

R4pp3r said:
Hatta will sort that out im sure but im going to take a guess that its just an automatic thing that you wont have to worry about, the game will designate where to deploy it and how much thats my guess anyway but we shall see :P
Correct. 

R4pp3r said:
Yes i agree, and for sure ERS will be programmed in the game to be applied on the exit of corners on to the longer straights on each track!!

Hatta said:
R4pp3r said:
Correct. 
only question i have is will the game take into consideration weather track and tyre condition and what about if you're out of shape on the exit of the corner with no t/c will the game take this into consideration before dumping basically another engine through the rear wheels?

R4pp3r said:
ERS isn't like KERS and I think thats confusing people a little bit, KERS activates on a press of the button and is activated by the driver when he wants however in 2014 ERS is automatic the car is deloying it quite often infact exiting almost everycorner ERS is active to give acceleration, only time its not auto is for overtake button which i doubt is in game at this point haha anyway as ERS is automatic you wouldnt need a display of how much you have left like you do with KERS once your used to it youll probably forget ERS is there completely (unless you come out of a slow corner on old tyres with no traction control of course hahaha)
Best explanation of the ERS deployment yet. Thanks for that! 

Hatta, why don't we have an overtake button? Just like KERS, in essence. 

Best explanation of the ERS deployment yet. Thanks for that! 

Hatta, why don't we have an overtake button? Just like KERS, in essence. 
All good :) possibly due to limited resources or its just too small a feature to consider at this point in the series I mean teams dont use them often, only when the really need to get past or want to stay in front, more likely resources as the resources kers was using would now be used by ERS so to have ERS then in theory a button to use it like you would KERS requires basically both ERS and KERS to be in the game which taken up resources which theyre limited on

The problem with this system is that in real F1 the drivers are constantly manipulating buttons and dials for the ERS system. The drivers them selves have to initiate when the MGU-K(kinetic energy) and the MGU-H(heat energy from Turbo) is harvested to the battery system. Every time you see the red light on the back of the cars flashing on TV the systems are harvesting. Also to say that the overtake button is hardly used is incorrect. At the Italian GP only a couple of days ago you were constantly hearing radio messages from the engineers to the drivers reminding them to use this button to defend and attack other drivers. To me it seems a rather important part of the new power units which is being left out, I can only hope that it's in the 2015 version of the game.