Sign in to follow this  

Pre-orders??

If I pre-order F1 2014 here in Canada can I expect the delays and lies with the eventual, sorry m8 but only digital for you treatment? I only ask because I see Amazon.ca have it listed for pre-order.

Already a thread about pre-orders

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3103/pre-orders#latest

That may very well be but I'm asking specifically about Canada. We were lied to for months about 2013, I would just rather skip that if its going to repeat this year.

I think they gave us 16 or 18 hours notice (before release day) that F1 2013 would be delayed! It ended up being delayed indefinitely. I read somewhere here that it would be released in NA on disc,but time will tell.

MUZZARIOL said:
Why bother? They'll struggle to give these games away at this rate

Why bother replying if this is all you can offer. I'm asking a legit question that should be easy for CM to answer.

Goresh said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Why bother replying if this is all you can offer. I'm asking a legit question that should be easy for CM to answer.
Because history suggests they wont bother replying, arent bothered by their customers concerns, and couldnt be bothered releasing an F1 game worthy of our hard earned money.

Goresh said:

:\  Nothing to offer on this topic I see, thanks anyways.....next!!

I assume you got Autosport OK so assuming you got the disc version of that you'll probably be OK with F1 2014

This will be the first time I don't pre-order the game this year, not because I think it will be a complete waste of money but I am also not convinced that its worth spending the money on.

I will wait for some reviews of the players here before I part with my money 

Goresh said:
MUZZARIOL said:

You got an answer which is better than no answer from CM.. Just pre order from Amazon and see what happens. Although I agree - Why bother?

Rayg1979 said:

This will be the first time I don't pre-order the game this year, not because I think it will be a complete waste of money but I am also not convinced that its worth spending the money on.

I will wait for some reviews of the players here before I part with my money 

Same here sadly. Have pre-ordered pretty much every CM game since I got my Xbox, but will be holding out on this one for a while. (The pre-orders usually didn’t arrive on release day anyway, and any bonus content was usually available to buy later if it was worth having…)

likewise said:
I think they gave us 16 or 18 hours notice (before release day) that F1 2013 would be delayed! It ended up being delayed indefinitely. I read somewhere here that it would be released in NA on disc,but time will tell.
Hatta confirmed that F1 2014 will be available on disc in NA. At least it is planned to.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/189/will-disc-copies-of-f1-2014-be-available-in-north-america

MUZZARIOL said:
Goresh said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Because history suggests they wont bother replying, arent bothered by their customers concerns, a
Well that would be Birmingham primarily, not the other CM studios. Dev interactions with us on the Grid forum have been more than good in a total switch of attitude toward us the potential customers, and so has been on the Dirt forum as well.

It's just this Birmingham staff with that terrible targa guy leading them. Racing Studio and the Dirt boys have redeemed themselves in my humble opinion. They are doing things well as opposed to these other ones we've got here

Awong124 said:
likewise said:
Hatta confirmed that F1 2014 will be available on disc in NA. At least it is planned to.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/189/will-disc-copies-of-f1-2014-be-available-in-north-america

Thanks for that, atleast someone understood the question.

mmpaw37 said:

Well that would be Birmingham primarily, not the other CM studios. Dev interactions with us on the Grid forum have been more than good in a total switch of attitude toward us the potential customers, and so has been on the Dirt forum as well.

It's just this Birmingham staff with that terrible targa guy leading them. Racing Studio and the Dirt boys have redeemed themselves in my humble opinion. They are doing things well as opposed to these other ones we've got here

@T4RG4 was promoted to Lead Designer I believe some time ago...

...Explains quite a lot if you understand what I mean!

No surprise, you know someone's guilty when you ask them "Why do your glitches persist and why haven't you tried to rectify them?" which ends up getting you blocked from his Twitter account and the question removed.