Sign in to follow this  

The difference between consoles....

Hi everyone, I've made this thread for discussion on the difference between xbox 360, ps3 and PC for grid autosport. Are there any clear ones? Any behind closed doors? Help please. I would like as much info as possible :)

On the other hand, it requires pc savvy,dealing with files, and is problematic as well in different ways.

I wish I understood pc files, etc, but have given up. i believe it is the better platform IF you understand it.

I don't see how you need to be PC savvy to game on a PC? Especially with Steam making it so easy to install and play your games.

Building a PC for gaming requires a bit more knowledge but it is by no means rocket science, it takes less than a hour to assemble a full PC, the hardest part is updating drivers and making sure you install all Windows updates, also that the hardware you choose is balanced.

So many people go out and buy the latest tech and throw huge amounts of money at buying a PC when really it is needed, this is what makes consoles popular is that they work out of the box, it is not difficult to build a PC that will eat a console for breakfast for about the same as you can buy a console for.

I think it is crazy spending up to £500 on a console that is limited to 1080p and 60 FPS, my £400 PC will run at 1920x1080 and produce over 100FPS in GAS with graphics on ultra, it looks gorgeous.

If you are interested in building a PC I can point you in the right direction to get started.

Steam may make it easy, but you still have to get steam to work.  Certain anti virus programs produce an error.  Then you have to Google to error, to discover it's the anti virus that's the problem.    Not that difficult if ur savvy with a pc.  But it your not it could be.  

Pc is only better graphics wise.  But to keep playing the latest games with the highest settings will require upgrading your graphics card quite often. 

Consoles have a longer lifespan than a graphics card. Yes the games don't look as good as they could, but you spend £300 - 400 on a console and your playing games on it for 4 or 5 years. 

Autosport is perfectly smooth on the xbox. It's definitely very playable.   
But the pc just takes graphics to another level.   

If money was no option I'd game on the pc again.  Last game I built a pc for was doom 3.  Controllers were crap then so it was mouse n keyboard. A deadly combination.  

RT said it for me...yes I think PC is the best platform, but come on fellows,if you are a pc dummy, there are all kinds of intimidating things that pop up, and I hate surprises to have to work on I know nothing about.

This discussion has been going on for years. We both know the" Adds and Dis Ads'

Isn't there a lot of cheating in PC gaming .....I means modding ?
Yes. ! Easy answer .
Big time. I dont know if it is cheating, but they are able to mod a lot of things that make it easier, quite frankly.....cockpit views modded to see better, on and on.

This also on the bright side is what makes pc cool.  But to be 100% fair to consoleres...probably YES!

Steam may make it easy, but you still have to get steam to work.  Certain anti virus programs produce an error.  Then you have to Google to error, to discover it's the anti virus that's the problem.    Not that difficult if ur savvy with a pc.  But it your not it could be.  

Pc is only better graphics wise.  But to keep playing the latest games with the highest settings will require upgrading your graphics card quite often. 

Consoles have a longer lifespan than a graphics card. Yes the games don't look as good as they could, but you spend £300 - 400 on a console and your playing games on it for 4 or 5 years. 

If money was no option I'd game on the pc again.  Last game I built a pc for was doom 3.  Controllers were crap then so it was mouse n keyboard. A deadly combination.  
A good AV program should never hinder you, a lot of them now have gaming mode which opens up your PC for that particular game, a lot of free AV programs do a good job, stay away from Norton and McAfee, they are the devils spawn.

With regards to upgrading graphics cards to play console to PC port based games, that is nonsense, my GTX580 is more powerful than the latest consoles and it is 3 years old, the only time you have to upgrade a GPU on PC is when the minimum specs ask for it, but with console crossovers that is only going to happen up to a point,  if CM continue to offer extra HD res packs for the PC after coding for next gen consoles then that may be needed but for now no next gen (now current gen) game port will ever do that.

PC is not only better graphics wise but updates and patches are a lot faster as they don't have to go the the mangle!

I hope CM develop the next one for PC and max it out and trim it down for consoles instead of the other way!

Zebrawire said:
Isn't there a lot of cheating in PC gaming .....I means modding ?
Yes. ! Easy answer .
Big time. I dont know if it is cheating, but they are able to mod a lot of things that make it easier, quite frankly.....cockpit views modded to see better, on and on.

This also on the bright side is what makes pc cool.  But to be 100% fair to consoleres...probably YES!
That isn't cheating, if it were a lot of people would be banned, you really think using a cockpit view makes it easier!! lol try using it yourself, it is a choice people need where they have multi monitor set ups etc.

A good AV program should never hinder you, a lot of them now have gaming mode which opens up your PC for that particular game, a lot of free AV programs do a good job, stay away from Norton and McAfee, they are the devils spawn.

With regards to upgrading graphics cards to play console to PC port based games, that is nonsense, my GTX580 is more powerful than the latest consoles and it is 3 years old, the only time you have to upgrade a GPU on PC is when the minimum specs ask for it, but with console crossovers that is only going to happen up to a point,  if CM continue to offer extra HD res packs for the PC after coding for next gen consoles then that may be needed but for now no next gen (now current gen) game port will ever do that.

PC is not only better graphics wise but updates and patches are a lot faster as they don't have to go the the mangle!

I hope CM develop the next one for PC and max it out and trim it down for consoles instead of the other way!

YES,YES WE get it....All hail the ALMIGHTY PC RACE!   Consoles SUCK..always will.   Don't guys like you ever get tired and just be courteous to all, no matter what platform? It is not for everyone mate...Get a grip.

You are missing the point, I am not saying PC is the master race it is just more versatile, some people who race are really serious about it and want the full experience, there are gamers that have raced PC games and been offered a real driving contract, do you really think they raced on consoles, they mostly had full hydraulic gaming rigs set up, a couple of rally drivers come to mind but I can't remember their names.

I would say at the end of the day if you want to go full immersion then go PC, if you want to pick up and play then go console, there are some nights I can't get to my PC and a console would fill the gap.

The difference between PC & Consoles for me & people I know. Yeah, PCs are better and is cheap to build a decent one, but it's keeping the PC functional that's the problem. It's so easy to break a PC if you don't know what you're doing. As for the people getting race seats, how much did it cost to get all that equipment to get immersion? Also, look for something called GT Academy ;)