Sign in to follow this  

Releasing in Japan 2 weeks before everywhere else?

Just noticed something from one of the Japan preview event pictures:

The promo posters on the wall say that the game is on sale on the 2nd of October, a whole two weeks before Europe sees a release.

I can understand why this is the case, as the Japanese Grand Prix is on the weekend after this date, but if the game is ready to launch then, why not release it in that same week worldwide?

The only difference between the games are languages, and I doubt that should be causing a 2 week delay.

Personally still 50/50 on buying this game, at least at launch anyway, but I figure I'd point it out for others who are definitely buying it day 1. :smile:

It says 2014 so its definitely the 2nd of October. Another kick in the nuts.....

F1 2014 won't even reach the 1.000.000 sales mark. They would be lucky to win over 500.000 idiots ..

What does it matter where it gets released first? It'll come when it comes. At least you'll get 127.000.000 views on how crap it is in any case. That last bit was a joke by the way.

But of course the reason it's coming out 2 weeks earlier in Japan is because of NAMCO BANDAI, A JAPANESE COMPANY and the publisher of the game!!!! 

But of course the reason it's coming out 2 weeks earlier in Japan is because of NAMCO BANDAI, A JAPANESE COMPANY and the publisher of the game!!!! 
I almost wish Namco were the decelopers, if we're going to get arcade games year on year they might as well be done right

F1 2013 barely sold 300,000 copies, less than a third of 2010 sales. 2014 may get 200,000 but no more. Pathetic excuse for a developer.

F1 2013 barely sold 300,000 copies, less than a third of 2010 sales. 2014 may get 200,000 but no more. Pathetic excuse for a developer.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=F1+2013&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

800,000 sold worldwide, and that's not including PC.

The publicity that F1 2010 got was so good I seem to remember, that must have had a big effect on the figures. Remember all those awesome dev diaries, they've gone. That long 8+ month build up, now 2 and a half.

I really hope the next-F1 gets great publicity as it's seemingly a big revamp for the series. Hopefully we'll have dev diaries, endless screenshots, etc instead of just hot lap videos.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=F1+2013&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

I was just going by what MickeyMotionz said in his video. Still quite poor numbers, to be honest.

I always find different releasedates complete BS. I mean I get it on retail, as it takes time to ship, etc. But why on earth have different releasedate on Steam? People can pre-load whenever they want, so there's no releaseday strain on servers. So why not simply have 1 release date instead of a different one per region?

oeicoeic said:
Hatta said:
Yep, to confirm F1 2014 will be launching on October 2nd in Japan. :)
WHY  is that  @hatta  ??? ...
I'm sure it's to do with the fact the game publisher, Namco Bandai, Is a Japanese company so therefore they get the priority! 

oeicoeic said:
Hatta said:
I'm sure it's to do with the fact the game publisher, Namco Bandai, Is a Japanese company so therefore they get the priority! 
Yes I know that  but CM  is a British company so we should get it at the same time as japan ...

oeicoeic said:
Hatta said:

The Japanese edition of our F1 titles usually release in time for the Japanese GP. It's a single language local edition only, not a multi language version that we have in the west. :)

Hatta said:
oeicoeic said:
Hatta said:

The Japanese edition of our F1 titles usually release in time for the Japanese GP. It's a single language local edition only, not a multi language version that we have in the west. :)

Ok thanks for the reply ...

The number is higher than that. Remember in the US, we didn't have the option to buy a disk, it was digital only.  So all US sales are not included in this number except for their polls of end users.  When they poll the retailer, the answer will be zero since no hard copy sales.

Still, north america is far below europe in F1 interest though. 

I was just going by what MickeyMotionz said in his video. Still quite poor numbers, to be honest.
Thats 800,000 int total for all consoles and pc and osx world wide. Thats pretty bad!

Thats 800,000 int total for all consoles and pc and osx world wide. Thats pretty bad!
F1 2015 is gonna be insane though. I predict that game to beat the sale from F1 2010.