Sign in to follow this  

Vanilla forum plugin suggestions

I was browsing the plugins section on the Vanilla forum website and came across a few I thought might be helpful/handy.

Word Count gives you a to-the-letter reading of how many characters you have left when composing posts and trimming your super-long posts is therefore finally as easy as it should be. Oh, and Word Count also counts the number of words in your post - hence the name of the plugin!

This plugin adds ShareThis (http://sharethis.com) buttons to the bottom of each post. Based on digibomb ShareThis Plugin. Works on all versions of Vanilla.Puts the buttons on the comments and discussions.

Implements vBulletin/PHPBB-style e-mail notifications for users who bookmark discussions. They will only receive one notification e-mail until they re-visit the discussion.

Hot Threads displays a list of the Hot Discussions, base on the amount of Views and Comments they received.

For users who are logged in, this will add a "Send PM" link in the meta row of each comment in a discussion.

"These addons are for people who downloaded and set up their own Vanilla forum."

Afraid that doesn't apply to these forums, it's a completely different setup. That's not to say we don't have the ability to utilise some of these features, take Share This for example, we can turn that on but I'm not 100% sold on its use. We had the same feature on the old forums and its use was minimal. I'd much rather keep the post area clean or unnecessary extras.

Loore said:
"These addons are for people who downloaded and set up their own Vanilla forum."

Afraid that doesn't apply to these forums, it's a completely different setup. That's not to say we don't have the ability to utilise some of these features, take Share This for example, we can turn that on but I'm not 100% sold on its use. We had the same feature on the old forums and its use was minimal. I'd much rather keep the post area clean or unnecessary extras.
That's fair. I was just posting things that seemed useful. The word count plugin would be nice to have in some form, along with post preview :)