Sign in to follow this  

F1 2010-2013 best career mode?

Hi!

With steam having a sale of the F1 games I was wondering which of the four (2010,2011,2012,2013) has the best career mode? I don't play a lot of racing games so excellent handling is probably wasted on me and graphics aren't that important.

I would just like to play an immersive racing career. I read that the newer games have a more simplistic career, is that true?

Thanks!

Hi!

With steam having a sale of the F1 games I was wondering which of the four (2010,2011,2012,2013) has the best career mode? I don't play a lot of racing games so excellent handling is probably wasted on me and graphics aren't that important.

I would just like to play an immersive racing career. I read that the newer games have a more simplistic career, is that true?

Thanks
In my view  its got to be 2010 as its the  most immersive racing as you get interviews etc etc ...

Thanks for the answers, so 2011 already doesn't have interviews anymore? Is it more than just races strung together with a trophy at its end?

F1 2010 for me
2010 for me as well I think that's one of the main reasons why I still come back to that game because with that game single player wise they had it pretty much nailed. Just needed a few tweaks to fine tune it and build on the idea instead CM in their ultimate wisdom decided to scrap it.

I bought 2010 and 2012 now. I guess that will give me the best idea of how the career changed. Thanks for the help!

2012 was when the game was simplified still handles well enough. I just feel that the live the life idea they started out with should have been kept.

I see, but if 2010 is the pinnacle for the career, 2012 will be a good contrast to see how they simplified it. Buying 2011 wouldn't have made much sense if it isn't any better than 2010, 2013 seems superfluous since 2014 will be released next month right?

I see, but if 2010 is the pinnacle for the career, 2012 will be a good contrast to see how they simplified it. Buying 2011 wouldn't have made much sense if it isn't any better than 2010, 2013 seems superfluous since 2014 will be released next month right?
Correct ...

2010 live the life aspect with 2013 gameplay, if only the ai was better.. 2013 has the best ai in my opinion (difficulty wise) but i still find legend ai with no assists too easy.. Lets hope next gen f1 will revist the live the life part, cause we know 2014 has no hope, otherwise the devs would have been hyping it up like all past f1 games

2010 live the life aspect with 2013 gameplay, if only the ai was better.. 2013 has the best ai in my opinion (difficulty wise) but i still find legend ai with no assists too easy.. Lets hope next gen f1 will revist the live the life part, cause we know 2014 has no hope, otherwise the devs would have been hyping it up like all past f1 games
2013 may have been better at the top end but it was made worse at the bottom end as I was stuck on Amateur with nowhere to go really. Thankfully they're correcting this mistake for 2014. what they needed to do was find a better balance between giving a challenge to the veteran whilst making it playable for those of us casual/disabled players that prefer to just like to race. 2010/12 did this just fine 2013 didn't. Fortunately it looks like they're remedying that for the new game. Will still probably wait for the sales before buying as I've got my eye on several other things in the works. So it would be prudent for me to wait anyway.

Gosh F1 racing is difficult! I haven't managed more than 3 consecutive rounds without spinning out in 2010 so far!
Yeah you do need to watch the kerbs a bit on the 2010 game as they can get you in a spin if you catch them wrong and can make your car a little tail happy

Gosh F1 racing is difficult! I haven't managed more than 3 consecutive rounds without spinning out in 2010 so far!
At first it is hard as you are learning the limits of the car and track and yourself   but keep trying different things and you will learn when to back off a bit or when to push that bit more ...

I noticed that the cars in 2012 aren't quite as spin happy as in 2010, but somehow, even if I never manage it, even trying to get within 10 seconds of "Vettel" and not spinning out is really fun :) So far I definitely like 2010 more than 2012, though I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's because KERS and DRS are still too much for me.

I noticed that the cars in 2012 aren't quite as spin happy as in 2010, but somehow, even if I never manage it, even trying to get within 10 seconds of "Vettel" and not spinning out is really fun :) So far I definitely like 2010 more than 2012, though I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's because KERS and DRS are still too much for me.
Do not worry about being 10 seconds off vettel's  time as he's in a top  team and your in a lower team what  you need at this time in your career is try to keep pace with your team mate or atleast be close to him ie be within a few seconds  and as you progress in the year  try being in front of your team mate  that's the best advice i can give you as your new to the game F1  is one of those game's the more time you spend playing it the better you will get ...

F1 2010 was the best because of the live the life features, now it's just some joke of an arcade game. 

Ah I gues I will try and be less intimidated by Vettels times then! I am trying to use the race line to teach me how to drive but the color coding sometimes throws me off, when the line is deep red even though I can take the corner at the current speed close to the line I always wonder if I am going too fast but if I'd slow down any more I'd be crawling along.I guess I am braking at the wrong moments.

Thats a good thing about 2012, the young drivers test actually told me to brake hard in the beginning and then let off and not the other way around, I didn't see any such help in 2010.

Ah I gues I will try and be less intimidated by Vettels times then! I am trying to use the race line to teach me how to drive but the color coding sometimes throws me off, when the line is deep red even though I can take the corner at the current speed close to the line I always wonder if I am going too fast but if I'd slow down any more I'd be crawling along.I guess I am braking at the wrong moments.

Thats a good thing about 2012, the young drivers test actually told me to brake hard in the beginning and then let off and not the other way around, I didn't see any such help in 2010.
When its deep red before the corner that means your to fast at that point so try to just dab the brakes and take the top speed off and roll round the corner  like i said in my previous  post try different thing and see what works for you  there is two ways to do corners slow in quick out or quick in slow out ...

Will do thanks! I also noticed that the difficulty setting isn't just for driver assists... I am having a far easier time on medium than on expert...! ;)

oeicoeic said:

When its deep red before the corner that means your to fast at that point so try to just dab the brakes and take the top speed off and roll round the corner  like i said in my previous  post try different thing and see what works for you  there is two ways to do corners slow in quick out or quick in slow out ...
Yeah I agree I tend to race with racing line on too but mostly because I'm terrible at judging breaking points so I generally have that on to help me overcome that. It works pretty well for me so I'm happy with that.

Will do thanks! I also noticed that the difficulty setting isn't just for driver assists... I am having a far easier time on medium than on expert...! ;)
Your welcome , I am glad to hear you have found a level you feel more comfortable with here is something else that might help you watch the whole of the replay at the end and you can see where  and how hard your braking compared to the AI  and see if your roughly about the same ...

It may help also if on the 2012 game watch the hotlap vids on the game with Anthony Davidson's commentary on it as he'll talk you around each track. I certainly find these help when you're learning each track as well