Sign in to follow this  

Skyline or Sierra Cossie

Which do you prefer?  

@FanticUA - Why do you like the Skyline?  

I saw your video of your win on Algarve in the skyline.   It was a good clean win.   

While watching your video im recognising some names,  and im laughing to myself.  They should all be ashamed of themselves.   

No disrespect to you FanticUA, but a skyline, should NOT be beating any Sierra,  (on this game)

What was your fastest lap?  1.37.*** or 1.38.*** or 1.36.***  Cant make out all the times.

Im for the Sierra all the way.  The skyline launches very well, but the cossie isnt exactly a slug.   

sounds like a challenge of sorts being issued here....platform not important, just pick one of those two cars take it onto the algarve and set a time....Or am i reading this all wrong?

8D

we could even take it one step further and do what CM cannot do and have a proper TT compo...but friendly and fair.

For example....

We set out at first if tuning and setups are allowed or not.
we agree the white  lines rule
we post a time, capture the video and post it....without any kind of silly music to cover up the beautiful sound of the cars in-game.

of course the big caveat would be, if you cant capture it on video you cant enter, but this also means you cant cheat.
It worked for a few of us on grid 1 and was a bit of extra fun, dosent need to be weekly, can be monthly or whateverly.

anyone fancy it?

No challenge, just asking what his time was in the skyline, in the race he video'd. 
ok fair enough....but let me ask what your times are around there in your car of choice?

Goonertez said:
we could even take it one step further and do what CM cannot do and have a proper TT compo...but friendly and fair.

For example....

we post a time, capture the video and post it....without any kind of silly music to cover up the beautiful sound of the cars in-game.

of course the big caveat would be, if you cant capture it on video you cant enter, but this also means you cant cheat.
It worked for a few of us on grid 1 and was a bit of extra fun, dosent need to be weekly, can be monthly or whateverly.

anyone fancy it?
Yeah Gooner im game! as long as i get first digs as to what track if it happens ........ :p CHICAGO THE LOOP :p

Well, from personal experience the R32 is the easier and safer car to drive, it just sucks under braking. On tracks that don't require lots of braking (Okutama Sprint for example or maybe Sepang) then it's not a bad car.

The Sierra excels because of its more versatile nature, and its advantage in being able to brake and corner better. It's squirrelly to drive though. It's the same reason why the Ford Ute is inferior to the Holden Ute. The Holden can brake and turn properly, the Ford refuses.

I'm not against anyone using the Skyline but the Sierra in the right hands is going to 95% of the time be the fastest of the two. There will always be exceptions, I'm sure.

TT sounds like fun, I'd be in. :D 
But... anyone knows a good capture-software for pc? My card is too old for shadow play and I don't want anything that limits me to 30fps.

mcnab said:
Goonertez said:

For example....

anyone fancy it?
Yeah Gooner im game! as long as i get first digs as to what track if it happens on........ :p CHICAGO THE LOOP :p
well of course im sure this could be done, i was however hopeful that some of these guys would take up the challenge of the cossie or skyline at algarve...but it dosent look to be the case.

So gwon then doode, start a new thread, set your rules of engagement, set your track and car choice or choices and we can discuss further there yeah?

Photonik said:
But... anyone knows a good capture-software for pc? My card is too old for shadow play and I don't want anything that limits me to 30fps.
http://www.movavi.com/game-capture/
http://www.bandicam.com/
https://obsproject.com/
google is your friend
i use shadow play and i believe fraps does not work on grid :\

Goonertez said:
mcnab said:
Goonertez said:

For example....

anyone fancy it?
Yeah Gooner im game! as long as i get first digs as to what track if it happens on........ :p CHICAGO THE LOOP :p
well of course im sure this could be done, i was however hopeful that some of these guys would take up the challenge of the cossie or skyline at algarve...but it dosent look to be the case.

So gwon then doode, start a new thread, set your rules of engagement, set your track and car choice or choices and we can discuss further there yeah?
Just making chocolate rice crispy cakes for the 2 little bosses then i will get right on it.

Im not sure what my lap times are around Algarve.....been a while since ive done it.  

My OP wasn't a challenge to FanticUA, but If you want to create a video challenge for everybody, im game for that. 

sorry RTA, you've been beaten to the punch for the moment, but you are more than welcome to join in the one that McNab is about to setup, so long as you qualify [re the video capturing.]

as is anybody i guess, no matter what platform 8D

mcnab said:
Photonik said:
 ...... i believe fraps does not work on grid :\
Same here. My game doesn't even start when i'm having fraps on.

I'm just stating the fact m8.
It's not a problem for me to use a different tool :)  although i'm not entering the challenge (in case you meant that).

white line rules gooner..two wheels must be on track at all times??
all assists/upgrades on??...to further that  if its not the case the game is broke and if assists are off means upgrades actually work..

Ford Sierra anyday. There´s a few cars in the game that has some special touch, feel and drive more like a car than other and Sierra is one of a kind; tha Alfa 4C could be other for my tastes, drifty and slipery drive but with guts. I´m sooo tired from japanese cars in videogames...

mcnab said:
white line rules gooner..two wheels must be on track at all times??
all assists/upgrades on??...to further that  if its not the case the game is broke and if assists are off means upgrades actually work..
white lines rule yeah.....two wheels on the black stuff at all times.
as far as assists and upgrades go im not for sure, praps we need a bit more input from some others re how they would prefer to go with this option?
we shoulld also start another thread...kinda hijackin this one [soz guys]

Skyline for me. I've laughed a few times when people say, oh you'll get a good start, we'll pass in the corners. Shh, I have a secret... I'm one of people that can actually drive the Skyline and beat most people in the Cossy

Good driver in skyline Vs good driver in Cossie - Cossie is walking away.  

The skyline weighs alot more, and struggles to turn anywhere near as good as the cossie.  
I ran the skyline for a week, and it just cannot compete with the cossie.  

Take Okutama for example, in a lvl 30 something skyline, I was  running low 1.58s but in a lvl 1 cossie, I can run  high 1.56s / low 1.57s.

Glad the savegame is sorted now.  Ill be able to get my Cossie to lvl 50. 

@Robmufc1987  -  Can you get 1.19s on Indy GP with the Skyline?   If so, can you provide a picture or video.  Id love to see.  

The best I got in the skyline was a 1.20 in an online Race.  

I've no idea on times, not played in a few days been on GTA & Skyrim. I've raced good people and I get my fair share of wins. I'm not super fast I'm just fast enough and consistent. I don't make too many mistakes. Plus at Indy, Skyline > Cossy because it's a high speed circuit and it's better out of corners with 4WD

I've no idea on times, not played in a few days been on GTA & Skyrim. I've raced good people and I get my fair share of wins. I'm not super fast I'm just fast enough and consistent. I don't make too many mistakes. Plus at Indy, Skyline > Cossy because it's a high speed circuit and it's better out of corners with 4WD
But the Cossie excels on Indy due to being able to brake and carry its speed into the corners. Playing online against other people that's where I've lost my time against the cossie when using the skyline; corners that require a large amount of braking. Then again I was using the loan one and a bought one with the right setup (rear-biased brakes and an open diff?) will probably get into corners better than the stock one... I don't really have either of them.