Sign in to follow this  

Skyline or Sierra Cossie

I've no idea on times, not played in a few days been on GTA & Skyrim. I've raced good people and I get my fair share of wins. I'm not super fast I'm just fast enough and consistent. I don't make too many mistakes. Plus at Indy, Skyline > Cossy because it's a high speed circuit and it's better out of corners with 4WD
But the Cossie excels on Indy due to being able to brake and carry its speed into the corners. Playing online against other people that's where I've lost my time against the cossie when using the skyline; corners that require a large amount of braking. Then again I was using the loan one and a bought one with the right setup (rear-biased brakes and an open diff?) will probably get into corners better than the stock one... I don't really have either of them.
In my experience as much as i touch Sierra (Cossie) the worst it works for me; i didn´t find yet a setting better than the stock; except for extreme situations or very close turns like Okutama with the diff open but the car lose its "magic" and by the way its traction. Stock settings always do better job for me.

And with the upgrades i tried in a lobby, disabling the settings to make works the upgrades, and the car becames more uncontrolable for me, the only thing i feel better maybe is the brake upgrade maybe....

Salute.

I meant for the Skyline; changing the brake bias and differential might help it brake and corner a bit better since that's the main thing that separates it from the Cossie. I don't have either of them so I can only compare them as loan cars.

I meant for the Skyline; changing the brake bias and differential might help it brake and corner a bit better since that's the main thing that separates it from the Cossie. I don't have either of them so I can only compare them as loan cars.
The Skyline is better with the diff open, and brake bias to -100 and the front suspension on soft,  or at least softer than the rear.  

But it still struggles where the cossie just drives around the corner. 

@Andaya  The cossie is better than stock, if you put the suspension onto stiff, for the fron and rear.  

I tend to have my front stiffer than the rear.   This makes it a little less twitchy at the rear wheels, under power. 

@Andaya  The cossie is better than stock, if you put the suspension onto stiff, for the fron and rear.  

I tend to have my front stiffer than the rear.   This makes it a little less twitchy at the rear wheels, under power. 
Thanks for the advice. I will try it!!, everything depends so much on the track and the skills but any advice is welcome.
When Sierra was out in DLC on Grid-Festival-of-Drift-2 i noticed that it could be an interesting car but with those physics it was almost uncontrolable, but now in AS is sooo CAR!! XD.

Salute.

Dont get me wrong, without TC on, it will still spin out, if your not careful.   
But its definately better than stock.   :smiley: 

camron72 said:
U can see in ps3 TT...my nick Do u lik3 it;)

But Camron, thats the Sport Circuit... They are talking about the GP Circuit, the one you doing in playlist. Its the same track dont know which way is faster though.  

Ive seen a high 1.18, most recent by Dragonlord.   

I think even at BRANDS GP the skyline is of pace, cossie all day for me. Hanging the back end out while hitting the limiter, great fun  :)

For some reason I can't log in on via my PS3, my usual way of posting. Anyway, for some reason TT doesn't have the GP circuit,but I did the Sport Circuit with the Skyline and I currently have the 2nd fastest lap on Ps3 with a 1:31.2 I believe. Not sure if that will help with my "skill" with it as I have no way of capturing a video and pictures aren't to be trusted

@RobMUFC1987 Dont loose more time... Buy a Sierra! ;P I can give you a time I remember I did without doubt. Okutama, the bigger track, the one associated with that car class in the present online playlist. It was in Time Trial, I did 1m 54.2s with a level 60 Sierra, using default setup (all in 0).