Sign in to follow this  

TT VIDEO UPLOAD CHALLENGE

Ok guys goonertez has come up with the idea of running our own weekly TT challenge any car any track to wich all times must be uploaded via video recording of your own choice.

The rules are not final, feel free to add your own ideas
    1 All platforms can participate
    2 Each week the track/car/category combo will change
    3 All assists/upgrades must be kept on and recorded so that tuning is not disabled so the upgrades actually work?
    4 Two wheels of the car must be on the track at all times otherwise times will not be valid
    5 Screen shots are not acceptable ( there is always 1 :p)

ok....taken from other thread

so as far as rules go i think it should be somethin like this.
1]  no wallriding
2] no cutting [even if allowed by the game] or another way of  putting it, two wheels on the black stuff at all times!
3] Times only valid with an accompanying video post, that has no music overlayed [just in game sounds]
4] Any assists you like are permitted
5] any platform can participate
6] there are no points or anything on offer...just kudos 8D
7] Attempts are only valid in TT mode so that no slipstreaming can be used from AI.

This is all open to discussion chaps and chapesses and I am not in charge of this, its a community thing k?
play fair is all i would ask.

regarding video posting, back when we did it in grid1 if your time was well off the pace you didnt have to upload it....I only ever uploaded a video of my time if it was challenging for the fastest time and so on...however you can upload any video ya likes 8D

not certain what ya mean by this:

3 All assists/upgrades must be kept on and recorded so that tuning is not disabled so the upgrades actually work?

Goonertez said:

sorry thought everyone was aware that its broke if assists are on upgrades do not work if they are off upgrades work
 http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/45541/#Comment_45541
http://steamcommunity.com/app/255220/discussions/0/38596747949754125/

Goonertez said:
sorry to say this McNab, but due to game limitations we cant use CatC on the loop 8(
Thought I was being stupid.  LOL

Goonertez said:
sorry to say this McNab, but due to game limitations we cant use CatC on the loop 8(
Thought I was being stupid.  LOL
 my bad i did check that a few weeks ago too grrr
ok tracks/cars TBC lets get the rules and a few players in the mix :D

mcnab said:
Goonertez said:

sorry thought everyone was aware that its broke if assists are on upgrades do not work if they are off upgrades work

ok...but if we disallow assists wont that mean a lot of folk wont be able to join in because they are not used to driving all assists off?
soz im confused a lil.

Goonertez said:
mcnab said:
Goonertez said:

ok...but if we disallow assists wont that mean a lot of folk wont be able to join in because they are not used to driving all assists off?
soz im confused a lil.
yip thats where i think we have to enable all assists/upgrades, if we dont then people will turn of assists and gain an advantage with upgrades... if that part is not recorded we wont know if they are using upgrades or not.

on the other hand like you say gooner if they are disabled 50% of players wont take part

It's not assists that disable upgrades, it's tuning. In time trial, however, there are no upgrades. 

I'm not sure how this assists things work in terms of impact on upgrades - never even heard about this before..?  If that's the case, if everyone just uses ABS as a general rule and whatever else they choose as their preference, would that mean its fair for everyone then in terms of non-working upgrades?  Just thinking of those who do use assists will have a learning curve to overcome just to be competitive, or be put off from this altogether.

Loved this comeptition in Grid 1 and Dirt 3 - we had clear and specific rules!

yeah...in TT mode you dont use your 'own' car by the looks of it...you just use a car that has all the tuning options available to use from the off.
kinda level playing field ya know?

and what we want i bleeve

TUSMBOX said:
It's not assists that disable upgrades, it's tuning. In time trial, however, there are no upgrades. 
lol i should quit now, sorry the kidz are buzzing round me like blue a**e flies i cant think atm, yes you are right its not assists it is tuning and with no upgrades its an even field happy days

Would it be an idea to create a seperate thread for each week for the car/track combo we choose?  Just be a bit easier to find for everyone.  Maybe even put up a voting option within the thread for a bit of democracy on combo selection.  Just a thought but don't want to make it complicated.

yeah new threads are good...im thinkin we are gonna need a new one after we have all agreed the rules and then start the first combo!

I think we had the winner decide on next combo but don't quote me on that.  Perhaps if we go the thread voting option, we get the top 3 places from previous round to post their combo's and we vote on those?

Just choose whatever for week 1 and go from there - perhaps ending next Friday for lap entries, put up a vote for the weekend on next 3 combos and begin round on the Monday through to Friday.  Rinse and repeat etc

yeah yeah kinda rings a bell what ya sayin....think we should have something like, the winner of the week can choose the combo, or can nominate someone else to choose a combo.....simple enough and a way out to spread the choosing of combos [incase you win every week!]

but i do like your idea of a weekend voting thingy!

Is the one on our site not enough for you.  :D

Goonertez said:

It doesn't matter what he means.  (sorry mcnab  ;) )
Because in TT you dont use youre own car and you cant turn upgrades on or off.