Sign in to follow this  

TT VIDEO UPLOAD CHALLENGE

Is the one on our site not enough for you.  :D
heh...actually someone else started it off, i just....kept chomping at the bit lol.
Anyway, this is slightly different to our other one, in that we have a lot more trust with each other and no need for video proof and so on....our word really is good enoough for each other.
This one is more open to the public, hence the video requirement.
Eventually, by doing this, i hope to find more folk like you, gaski and so on....people whos word is good enough and racing them online is guaranteed to be as fair as is reasonably possible.

Okay I have my Betamax hooked up. Who do I mail the tape to? And will you return my tape?
yeah if return postage is already payed for im happy to sort it out when i get back from my return trip to saturn :s

If this is going to be done in time trial mode what is the reason it needs to be video since those times are public?
Al kidding aside. I think what they are looking for is proof that you didn't use the walls or cut corners to get your time. They want proof of at least 2 wheels on the racing surface at all times. So that is the reason for the video proof. I wish I had gaming dvr but I don't. But, I will be watching the vid's closely for any tips that are to be picked up on B)e

Ok, I get it.  Sounds like a lot of work sitting up my cam and then uploading vid to race time trial that still does not work properly.  Im surprised I am the only one on here complaining about how the fastest lap time just changes every few laps.  Now that I think about it maybe I will make a video just showing that so maybe someone will address it.

A quick question about the gaming dvr's. Do you have to be playing from the outside view? To capture a outside view of your car? Example: I play hood cam or interior cam. So if I capture a video of the game is there a way to change the video to an outside view? 

Or is it only going to capture what is on your screen? After I think about it now I qould have to think that is the only way it could work.Unless I am missing something. 

A quick question about the gaming dvr's. Do you have to be playing from the outside view? To capture a outside view of your car? Example: I play hood cam or interior cam. So if I capture a video of the game is there a way to change the video to an outside view? 

Or is it only going to capture what is on your screen? After I think about it now I qould have to think that is the only way it could work.Unless I am missing something. 
well i use bumper cam no car view at all, but at the end of the race you can go to replay change camera view to far chase then just record the replay..
at the end of the race it displays your time so all is good

Ok, I get it.  Sounds like a lot of work sitting up my cam and then uploading vid to race time trial that still does not work properly.  Im surprised I am the only one on here complaining about how the fastest lap time just changes every few laps.  Now that I think about it maybe I will make a video just showing that so maybe someone will address it.
what platform you racing on??
am i right in thinking that the problem your having/talking about that was in grid 2 still exists  only the 1st lap shows as your best lap regardless of quicker laps??

Im fairly sure this has been mentioned by a few people.  Myself included.  

mcnab said:
what platform you racing on??
am i right in thinking that the problem your having/talking about that was in grid 2 still exists  only the 1st lap shows as your best lap regardless of quicker laps??

Im on PS3 and it does record your fastest lap, but within the same session the time will suddenly revert back to a previous time or even worse on several occasions it has left the best laptime, but the recorded vehicle is of a different time so that when I easily beat the supposed fastest ghost I found out I was still tenths slower than the fastest time.  It quite frustrating.

I can actually go into time trial now and the fastest lap time on the 4 tracks I have run are slower than the actual fastest lap times that are shown in the top racers list.

I can actually go into time trial now and the fastest lap time on the 4 tracks I have run are slower than the actual fastest lap times that are shown in the top racers list.
Cooodieeees??? is this another mess lol :'(

patchmasters

fwiw, im on PC and will be using shadowplay to record the video.
This means that the video i will post is of the actual gameplay and not a replay.
I believe that the replays dont actually show a time of any sort.

Does this mean they are not valid as 'proof'?..im not sure, im just going to go int TT now and check out how the replay system works there.

But before that, ill add that i used to use fraps to do the same.....it just meant that i had to have fraps running all the time [to catch the fastest lap when it occurs] and then regularly delete the unwanted captures.

Goonertez said:
fwiw, im on PC and will be using shadowplay to record the video.
This means that the video i will post is of the actual gameplay and not a replay.
I believe that the replays dont actually show a time of any sort.

Does this mean they are not valid as 'proof'?..im not sure, im just going to go int TT now and check out how the replay system works there.

But before that, ill add that i used to use fraps to do the same.....it just meant that i had to have fraps running all the time [to catch the fastest lap when it occurs] and then regularly delete the unwanted captures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCI49iXV3E&feature=youtu.be

the lap time is displayed at the end gooner so no probs there

not my video and recorded on low settings but it works
fwiwiwiwiw?/ lol whats that

ps thats on fraps so flowa can use it as long as fraps is started after launching game

nice McNab...thx....i have just done something similar and it leaves me thinking that  this might be open to abuse and heres why.
At the end of the session you have just posted there, it only gives one time relating to your performance....your fastest time.
Thats not necessarily the video you have posted...do ya see where im comin from?

on my test i ran two laps and the replay covered both of them, but i can often run 10 laps just to get that time...im not sure how large the buffer is on GAS and how many laps it would catch.....and besides, who would want to upload 10 laps worth of video just for 1 lap that counts.

btw...fwiw = for what its worth.

Goonertez said:

At the end of the session you have just posted there, it only gives one time relating to your performance....your fastest time.
Thats not necessarily the video you have posted...do ya see where im comin from?

Goonertez said:

thats easy m8 at the top of the timings the personal best is displyed and was maybe  not recorded or done on that session, but below is the best lap the replay has just recorded that is the the time that counts

yeah my quote aint working again

Just raced about 20 laps the best lap time changed and lowered itself more than 6 times.  It would lower then I would set a comparable time to my best yet slightly slower then a few laps later it would change the time to a slower one.  Its buggy as hell.  Still not sure why no one else is complaining about this.

Just raced about 20 laps the best lap time changed and lowered itself more than 6 times.  It would lower then I would set a comparable time to my best yet slightly slower then a few laps later it would change the time to a slower one.  Its buggy as hell.  Still not sure why no one else is complaining about this.
gonna check that out never play tt so aint noticed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j9w_MMOE6Q

Here is a video of me posting a time at brands hatch in a class c....see my time there? 46.2 something
if you check carefully, the lap is NOT that time.
This is how it can be abused.

as an example only this is how i would usually post a video...hood cam view, actual gameplay.
Shows all times and splits that you would normally see in game.
of course this is not from TT mode, its just something i recorded from an earlier event, but it gives you the idea i hope.

http://youtu.be/FD1uoqNmzLo

I agree with that. Recording of the actual gameplay, not the replay is the only viable proof. Goonertez already said everything there is to it.
Btw. that time would be illegal, Goonertez? You crossed the white line in the infield... not cutting, but having more room to keep momentum. That would count as cutting aswell, right?

If in TT mode, showing all settings should be irrelevant (you can't gain any advantage with assists on) and when you drive 20 laps and the best in lap 18, you'd have to upload at least 18 laps of racing. Tuning on the other hand is thereby free for all, as you can't check it.

View should be irrelevant aswell. In the end, this is about fun and I'd have no fun at all, trying to get fastest laps in chase view and for others probably the same with bumper/cockpit view. In all views you can clearly see if the car is completely over the white line and that's the only thing the video is for, right?

So far, that's my thoughts to all that. :D