Sign in to follow this  

TT VIDEO UPLOAD CHALLENGE

Goonertez said:
post it like this but replace my ='s with youtube ifya see what i mean

http://www.=======.com/watch?v=eB5RILlEVoc

thanks thats sorted it yeeeooooo

2:08.176 - still room to improve, lost to my previous best. Somehow I don't get the last 3 corners properly anymore. Same situation as gaski on the left after the long straight. I'd say I have 1-2cm between right wheels and the white line. :D 
http://youtu.be/I-3iEsKbb2E

2:09,475 - a tad behind some , but if siiting on the moon it's hard to tell the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtkzUenxGE

SVENOS said:
Come on guys push. I want to see a 2.07.5 :]
@SVENOS‌ that time will probably be posted, but I'm not sure for how long this TT will last. @mcnab‌ until when will this TT go on and be replaced by next? :D

SVENOS said:
Come on guys push. I want to see a 2.07.5 :]
@SVENOS‌ that time will probably be posted, but I'm not sure for how long this TT will last. @mcnab‌ until when will this TT go on and be replaced by next? :D
Hey McRoss
Goonertez said:
dunno when it runs til TBH, maybe friday?...its McNabs combo so he can tellus

mcnab said:
Yeah Friday sounds good, gives every1 a good chance at it then something fresh for the weekend 

Goonertez said:
Its tight but it looks ok to me.  You also have some camera shake on or somethin.. nothin wrong with that, its just a little weird to watch [compared to what im used to i mean]
Yeah I dunno what the deal is with the camera.  I'm recording on default shadowplay settings and rendering 720p in Win Movie Maker. 

down to a 2.08.2 something here....wont post up a vid of it but will endeavour to improve!
nice times chaps 8D

joined the 2.08.1 club 8D
But i remember seeing Photonik with a 2.07.xx on the in game leaderboard....Is this a legit time doode?
Or are you sandbagging us here 8DD

Will post up a vid later

Goonertez said:
joined the 2.08.1 club 8D
But i remember seeing Photonik with a 2.07.xx on the in game leaderboard....Is this a legit time doode?
Or are you sandbagging us here 8DD
Again, 2nd to last corner is pretty optimistic, worse than my last time and gaski's, so you'll have to decide if that's ok.
I can't get myself to take a wider line. The gravel behind the kerbs must be magnetic! :D 
http://youtu.be/NQkvgB4lBLk

@gaski
I think I know why your video is so strange. Youtube just informed me, that my video is shaky and they offered to 'correct' that. The preview of that corrected version looks exactly like yours.

yeah nice time...very close on that turn...cant really be certain from that view to be honest...we talkin cms tho aint we.

What i do in those situations, is run another lap soon after [while that ghost is still active] and check it from behind ya know?
Not sure if you can do that or if that ghost is gone, but its a good way to check yourself out.

cms as in centimeters?
Unfortunately, due to this lovely and perfectly programmed game, I don't have that replay anymore. Suddenly worse times overwrite my PB and therefore the usually saved ghost of that lap. And now, while being mad about that, I do a 2:07:89 and didn't record it (and this time the ominous corner was fine), cause I expected to be at least 4 tenths slower.

edit:
after putting an awesome lap down, while unwillingly cutting too much, I got curious about view & crossing the white line. I'd say with this my laps and gaski's aren't exactly 'legal' :D
The more the white line moves to the right (in this case) the more you'll go off track.

Photonik said:
cms as in centimeters?
Unfortunately, due to this lovely and perfectly programmed game, I don't have that replay anymore. Suddenly worse times overwrite my PB and therefore the usually saved ghost of that lap. And now, while being mad about that, I do a 2:07:89 and didn't record it (and this time the ominous corner was fine), cause I expected to be at least 4 tenths slower.

edit:
after putting an awesome lap down, while unwillingly cutting too much, I got curious about view & crossing the white line. I'd say with this my laps and gaski's aren't exactly 'legal' :D
The more the white line moves to the right (in this case) the more you'll go off track.
some nice helpful images there man.

So you think based on that that your laps are 'off track'? did i get that right?
Not sure if its possible but wouldnt it be nice to know where on the bonnet that white line corresponds to being off track.

btw cms = centimetres yes.

EDIT: doode...the car in the image is 'on track' i believe...do you all agree?
I took this from a post by operator1 elsewhere on this forum

20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.

So that car is perhaps just shy of the limit i would say.

Agree, two wheels inside, or on, white line. And looking at the pictures from Photonic I would definitely say that the car is inside.
Just that section is a tricky one and it's easy to lose control of the car - :)
Kerbs are always outside of white line. (as seen on the pic from Photonic) and if you get the "kurb-sound) from your inside wheels.....ure off :D

I agree all videos and track limits look good, goona have a bash on this later and break out me rusty wheel and pedals, dont think my pad with no analogue triggers and sticks is cutting it :'(

Good times lads!!!

@Goonertez‌ 
Yes, I meant according to that my laps are off track.
On the pictures the car would be perfectly 'on track', as the wheels barely touch the white line, but if the white line is 'part of the track', you could shift the white line a little to the right in the bonnet view. If you see, that the white line doesn't touch the upright part of the cross (from the logo) anymore, you're most likely somewhere you shouldn't be. Unfortunately you don't have that neat indicator on other cars.

I guess I make too much of a science out of that. Probably doesn't help, studying something where errors matter in the nanometer range. :D 

Think i get what ya sayin....ill see if i can take a look later and compare myself but what i thiink you mean is this.
When in hood view, if the white line is further right than the 'chevrolet +' on the bonnet, you are likely off track.
Or something like that.

EDIT: I may be wrong here...it might be that you are off track if the white  line appears to line up with the horizontal part of the chevrolet + !
EDIT 2 : if that is the case....and i say IF, then at 1.51 in your last posted video, you are indeed off track.

Right, specifically, if the white line isn't touching the vertical 'line' of the +... see picture :D 
On the bottom the same for bumper view, although I'm not sure if this counts for 16:9 resolution, as I have 16:10. ###

look good and the intention is exakt this. 
But still we are humans and just getting into the mid 2,07-ish is very good. OK if every corner where a cut it would be so-so, but I get the feeling that you, me, us will rather delete a lap in fear of it not having been 100% OK.

I'm fine either way. As long as it isn't a mile off the track I really don't care. Just observed it and thought I'd share. :D 
Cases, where it would matter is Hockenheim for example. Right in the 1st corner you can a) cut on the inside (though there's a penalty), b) go pretty wide on the outside. After the hairpin and in the last double right you can go wide and online I've seen most people do exactly that, being easily 2m off track. Same in Spielberg in the last corner, where most people leave track. That I would disagree with, while in Bathurst we're talking about a wheel-width, maybe two, nothing more.