Sign in to follow this  

TT VIDEO UPLOAD CHALLENGE

Photonik said:
Right, specifically, if the white line isn't touching the vertical 'line' of the +... see picture :D 
On the bottom the same for bumper view, although I'm not sure if this counts for 16:9 resolution, as I have 16:10. ###
hmmm...thx for doin that man...but how are we to proceed?
If we do take this as our method of monitoring [white line 2/3rds across the hood in hood view] then it looks like RTA has the fastest time.
Looked quickly at McNabs nose cam view and i think he may also be over the line mid lap.

as i see it, we can do one of a few things:
1] make an allowable number of minor transgressions per lap
2] add a time penalty per line cross
3] ignore these kind of things altogether unless thyre really takin the p and put it down to experience
4] ban any lap outright where line is crossed
5] change our mindset here regarding white lines and play to the game itself....i.e if the game says its not a cut...it isnt a cut.....unless its really takin the p

please remember, im not wanting to bash anybody here, just tryin to keep it fair....so we should all decide [those postin videos]
personally, im all for simplicity....point 5 might be our way forward, otherwise it could get real messy.

I completely agree. Point 5 should be the easiest way to go. In the end it's about having fun with this and not politics.
If something comes up with a track, where you can obviously cut without penalty, a simple rule for a certain corner can be mentioned I think.
Anyway... I can offer a 2:08.100 perfectly clean and a 2:07.5ish as fastest. Still trying to get SVENOS :D 

Does that mean that we can record a replay and enter, or does it still have to be captured in game? 

the point being discussed has nothing to do with replays.
The problem with the replays is that they can be abused too easily as i showed earlier in this thread.
Im not saying that you would do this of course, but once replays are in, then the potential is there.
there is nothing to stop you offering up a replay, no one can stop you posting it, but its not as concrete as in game footage.
hope that makes sense.

Goonertez said:
the point being discussed has nothing to do with replays.
The problem with the replays is that they can be abused too easily as i showed earlier in this thread.
Im not saying that you would do this of course, but once replays are in, then the potential is there.
there is nothing to stop you offering up a replay, no one can stop you posting it, but its not as concrete as in game footage.
hope that makes sense.
There's no point in going through the motions if it's not going to considered. Honestly, for a "just for fun" event, I think you're thinking too much into how to get around the system. There's no prize at the end of the tunnel, so I doubt someone would go through those measures anyway.

2 wheels on the black stuff at all times. On the white lines isn't on the track.

That's off the track in the picture above.

If we can do that, then my time is 2.07.4

I don't have the video as I went off track. 

It was always my understanding that white lines are part of the track.
Think its been posted as such in a few places on this forum and i 'believe' its a general racing rule irl.

So just now i set a 2.07.something....was kinda just going for it ya know, playing the game to its own limitations while trying to keep it fair.
As usual, my ghost was updated with the new fastest set time [until TT mode is exited anyhoo] so i decided to record the ghost while following to see how off track it was.
I havent spent any time reviewing this, except for when i was doing the chasing lap, but will put up the vid tomorrow regardless so it can be reviewed for any interested.

It was my understanding that the white lines mark the edge of the track. The racing area is the black stuff between the left and right lines.
2 wheels on the black stuff at all times is the only sure way to run a clean lap. That's how it works in forza.  Only having 2 wheels on the white line can be abused. What if you have 1cm of ur tyres on the white line.? What about 1mm.? 
How do you define what's on or off the line. 

It's funny this is being discussed. As someone says above that I have the fastest clean time if using  the line is not allowed.  Then we have some people wanting it to be allowed, so they don't have to try again, and so I'm not the fastest. LOL 

It's the Intel challenge again. 
I'll just leave this TT challenge to the to the forum people. I'd hate for anyone to suffer the shame of being slower than a console user, or worse than that, slower than me. 

"20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track."

That's from the F1 rulebook. stating that white lines are part of the track and leaving track applies, when no part is in contact. So as long as a small fraction of one wheel is on the white line, everything's fine. Some series have different interpretations, like white line is not part of the track. 

And sure this is discussed, as hardly any posted lap so far applied to our 'two tires on track' rule, so WE have to come to an agreement. Real world doesn't matter, this is a game. I have not the precision of a real car so I'm prone to errors, especially in perfect racing line. When driving online I don't care either. I use everything that the game lets me use, as long as I find it useful. As long as everybody has the same chances, it doesn't matter at all.

@RTA
honestly, is there a reason you take everything personal?

Are we required to read through all posts to figure out what the track/car is?  I know the current track is Bathhurst.  But for future TT's what is the way to see what's being run?

Anything touring class C for this one.
As for the future?...cant really say with any certainty, be nice if it was in the thread header tho.
but if in any doubt just ask, im sure a helpful soul will be around to tell 8D

@photonik  its difficult not to take it personally when someone says " are we allowing the white lines?   If not then it looks like RTA is fastest. "  

I cant remember who said what, thats not an exact quote, I cant be bothered to look back and find out,  maybe you can photonik,  

Also, I feel that a questionable use of the white line by myself would just be instantly dismissed by most.    My fastest lap on Bathurst is 2.07.4,  but that may or maynot have had 4 wheels off the track, goin into the s's,  But it was hard to tell myself when I watched the replay,  I decided it looks off track, but the game didnt give me a cut.   If I had posted it there would be lots of posts from oxygen deprived people saying I cut it.  

I think If this is going to be completely fair, then only do it on tracks with no walls to ride, or corner cuts that you can get away with.   Indy GP, SPA, are 2 good tracks.   there must be more than 2 tracks, 

http://youtu.be/b-rakhDGEn0

Now if you were to do that in a "forum TT " then you would be off the track.  Yet IRL its fine.  
The 1st 4 cars go off the track.  Yet they are allowed to carry on.  Did that allow them to carry more speed than the cars that stay on the track? 

DOODE....It was me that said you looked like the fastest posted time  but there was an almighty HUUUUGE caveat attached to that, which we was disciussing at the time...That is now ancient history anyhoo.

Now...Please...dont bring down this thread to the level of the stewards enquiry thread with any more inflammatory remarks....please.
I thank you 8D

Yours was the only really clean lap posted so far, so that was nothing more than a pragmatic observation. I said myself, that my lap was not clean, Gaski said it for his aswell so I see no offense or whatever in that.

But whatever... have we decided now, how to proceed? It is friday, so my impression was that it ends today. Need to know what to upload. :D 

well..when i get home from work ill upload a video that might be quite informative.
I set a lap that in all honesty i feel is off track in several places.
But the next lap [or a lap down the road] i trail the ghost and am suprised to see that its pretty much on track.

in any case, As far as next combo goes, im not fussed who chooses, may as well be you doode..choose away and make a new thread.
Ifya could put the combo in the title or in the first post that would be brill.
as well as any other useful info/hints/limitations and so on....but lets keep it simple [i think you agree]
8D

http://youtu.be/b-rakhDGEn0

Now if you were to do that in a "forum TT " then you would be off the track.  Yet IRL its fine.  
The 1st 4 cars go off the track.  Yet they are allowed to carry on.
Not that i really wish to carry on engaging with you on this subject, but you might learn something here.....

Those guys you have posted a video of there....the real life ones........they can hardly hit the pause button, select restart and go again can they?
Can they?
Of course not.
Case closed.

Goonertez said:
DOODE....It was me that said you looked like the fastest posted time  but there was an almighty HUUUUGE caveat attached to that, which we was disciussing at the time...That is now ancient history anyhoo.

Now...Please...dont bring down this thread to the level of the stewards enquiry thread with any more inflammatory remarks....please.
I thank you 8D
No inflammatory remarks have been made...thanks. 

Vid of my 2.07.8 time, ill upload the ghost chase next for an informative view of things.
oh...theres a small break in the video at 16 seconds in of about 1 second.....i can only assume that this has been introduced by shadowplay.
The recording was split over two files and i guess it looses a bit of recording ability during the changeover dam p.o.s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647-7uqsXs