Sign in to follow this  

TT VIDEO UPLOAD CHALLENGE

Goonertez said:
Vid of my 2.07.8 time, ill upload the ghost chase next for an informative view of things.
oh...theres a small break in the video at 16 seconds in of about 1 second.....i can only assume that this has been introduced by shadowplay.
The recording was split over two files and i guess it looses a bit of recording ability during the changeover dam p.o.s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647-7uqsXs

congrats gooner, looks like you got the flying lap in there...am i right in saying thats the quickest video upload? and if so are you picking the next combo as agreed earlier pole man gets to pick???

following the shadow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX2np79N0Xg

Thx McNab....But i did say to Photonik earlier he could choose and ill stand by that...unless he declines the offer.

This would be my fastest. My ghost is gone unfortunately, so can't check my line that way, but should be about the same as Goonertez'.
2:07.586
http://youtu.be/di6mvxDfMOs

Before everyone forgets (if not already happened), care to share setups?
I'm curious how you drive... :smiley: 
I used
+40
+80
+60
for my fastest lap.

BTW I think I'll post a nice screenshot of bathurst. I wish I could record my PS3 gameplays...

@Photonik‌ 
yep agree regarding the setups. The only thing that nees tweaking is the gearing & break balance, all the other setup options seem to do very little to the car, ie if diff , front/rear susp are put to max/min my laptimes are quite equal anyway.

Goonertez said:
for me it was:

Id say, what ever works for you, is the best setup. 

But I do have a question regarding this setup,  Ive tried it myself, it seems to work for certain cars better than others.  

(forget the gears for this question please)
But my question is :  Given that this setup only needs tuning stage 1,  Do you think CM would have programmed the cars to feel and respond as best they can, with only stage 1 tuning? 

I know people have faster times than I do with this setup, Im not disputing that the setup works,  It just seems a bit daft, to unlock stage 1 tuning 1st if thats going to give the best setup.   Why have stage 2 and 3?  

Take the diff for example,  set on -100 this is fully locked.  Meaning both drive wheels spin at the same rate, even if 1 wheel is in the air. 
Set on +100 means that both wheels can spin at different rates, and will never lock the diff, so effectively your driving a 1 wheel drive car.  

Have you ever stopped you car with 1 drive wheel on a icy patch, and wondered why the drive wheel on the tarmac isnt pulling your car off the small icy patch?

That wheel on the tarmac will do nothing, unless you have a car with a Limited slip diff, which would lock the diff and make the both wheels turn, and the car would just drive off.

Rear wheel drive cars with -100 Locked diff, are very skittish. IMO  

Yeah, locking the diff in this game doesn't actually lock the diff. Sometimes, it seems like it has little to no effect, like on the 787B or the T1. Sometimes in the T1 I still have to adjust the car from launch.

Also, it would make sense for level one tuning options to not have as great an affect than level 2 or 3.

Depends on the car. If a car has a lot of power, and it likes to try and spin out of corners, I lock the diff. Any front or four wheel drive car, I open it completely. 

TUSMBOX said:
Depends on the car. If a car has a lot of power, and it likes to try and spin out of corners, I lock the diff. Any front or four wheel drive car, I open it completely. 
Thx @TUSMBOX‌ much appreciated .

So do you guys lock the diff no matter what car or open diff ? I'm not very good on setup so just curious .
I lock it on every single car. To open the diff feels maybe good but you are faster with diff locked and when I mean faster it is faster on every car!

Goonertez said:
for me it was:

Id say, what ever works for you, is the best setup. 

But I do have a question regarding this setup,  Ive tried it myself, it seems to work for certain cars better than others.  

(forget the gears for this question please)
But my question is :  Given that this setup only needs tuning stage 1,  Do you think CM would have programmed the cars to feel and respond as best they can, with only stage 1 tuning? 

I know people have faster times than I do with this setup, Im not disputing that the setup works,  It just seems a bit daft, to unlock stage 1 tuning 1st if thats going to give the best setup.   Why have stage 2 and 3?  

Take the diff for example,  set on -100 this is fully locked.  Meaning both drive wheels spin at the same rate, even if 1 wheel is in the air. 
Set on +100 means that both wheels can spin at different rates, and will never lock the diff, so effectively your driving a 1 wheel drive car.  

Have you ever stopped you car with 1 drive wheel on a icy patch, and wondered why the drive wheel on the tarmac isnt pulling your car off the small icy patch?

That wheel on the tarmac will do nothing, unless you have a car with a Limited slip diff, which would lock the diff and make the both wheels turn, and the car would just drive off.

Rear wheel drive cars with -100 Locked diff, are very skittish. IMO  
Then why dont upgrades work?

SVENOS said:
Then why dont upgrades work?
I have no idea.  Not sure why your asking me lol.  

A while back, Loore said they do work, but the performance gain is very small.