Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster TMX vs T300 FFB Comparison?

FrxstyRW

I own a TMX. I don't use it on f1 games tho, I use my wheel on sims. I do like it yea. It gets the job done. if your serious about getting a wheel, you know ur gonna use it a lot get the t300. The only reason being, build quality and comfort and also pedals. Now I have relatively big hands aswell, but I find the wheel un-comfort if I hold it for long periods of time. I also hate the build, it's all plastic and a not so good rubber to grip. But I suppose this mainly down to the price point. Another issue I have is I find the pedals really um-comfortable and end up just resting the top half of my feet on then instead of using my whole foot. I've played around with adjustments but can't find a comfortable position. More than likely a very personal issue. (for the record I have size 9 UK feet).
So my conlusion is, if your more of a casual and you mainly want to use it for f1 games and a little bit of sim racing, then yes this is good for you. 
If your planning to use it a lot and are set on moving over to it aswell as for more sim racing, I would probably recommend a t300.

haydn23 said:
I own a TMX. I don't use it on f1 games tho, I use my wheel on sims. I do like it yea. It gets the job done. if your serious about getting a wheel, you know ur gonna use it a lot get the t300. The only reason being, build quality and comfort and also pedals. Now I have relatively big hands aswell, but I find the wheel un-comfort if I hold it for long periods of time. I also hate the build, it's all plastic and a not so good rubber to grip. But I suppose this mainly down to the price point. Another issue I have is I find the pedals really um-comfortable and end up just resting the top half of my feet on then instead of using my whole foot. I've played around with adjustments but can't find a comfortable position. More than likely a very personal issue. (for the record I have size 9 UK feet).
So my conlusion is, if your more of a casual and you mainly want to use it for f1 games and a little bit of sim racing, then yes this is good for you. 
If your planning to use it a lot and are set on moving over to it aswell as for more sim racing, I would probably recommend a t300.

Thats my situation right now, but its very possible ill get way more into it later. and as for the pedals, im going for the pro version which comes with the T3PA pedals so that should address that issue.

haydn23 said:

Look online you can buy a set of G25/G27/G29/G920 pedals fairly cheap and then it just takes a cable you can buy for between 5 and 10 quid to use the Logitech pedals with the TMX. It gives you the full fidelity too. Plus they are simple to open up, remove pedals and mount them in a way that is comfortable for you! Much cheaper than T3PA's

FRACTURED said:
haydn23 said:

Look online you can buy a set of G25/G27/G29/G920 pedals fairly cheap and then it just takes a cable you can buy for between 5 and 10 quid to use the Logitech pedals with the TMX. It gives you the full fidelity too. Plus they are simple to open up, remove pedals and mount them in a way that is comfortable for you! Much cheaper than T3PA's

I might actly try that. Cause the wheel itself I can deal with and have found some rly nice ffb settings for it on certain games. But the pedals were my biggest issue! And I wanted a clutch aswell. Do u know where I can find the pedals, aswell? Cause I just took a quick look on ebay and struggled to find some.
edit: Ok Maybe not g29, but I did find some g27 pedals for £50. Then the adapter is about £15 aswell. So £65 all round purchase. Not too bad. If u were more patient than me u could probably find it cheaper.

I'm incredibly patient. Occasionally.

I've converted the cupboard under the stairs just using an old stool for the TV to sit on, a 20 quid bench from argos, and some wood from an old shelf to mount the pedals to. Chair is one of those egonomic jobs from the last clearout at work - Multiple ways to set it up so working well for racing. Quite surprised with how stable it all is but saving for another project!

https://youtu.be/ggA6Ob23PeM

Those ladders its built from are about 40 quid in homebase lol
There's an easier version but pic won't display here

I have my pedals inverted now which was ridiculously easy. Just open it all up and you've got a cable and the three pedals which can be mounted anyway you want so you can get comfotable gaps between them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logitech-G25-Racing-Steering-Wheel-shifter-custom-pedals-with-gt-eye-break-mod-/192278264576?hash=item2cc4ad7b00:g:KecAAOSwkepZkvip

Those would be cool if could arrange collection with seller.

This adapter from TM is what you need, cheapest one I came across other than wiring yourself, and those who have worked out the wiring try to keep it quiet otherwise you  could build these adapters for 2 or 3 pounds if you know the pins.
http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html

Archived