Sign in to follow this  

AI cars just sitting at the start/finish line

Im bewildered why I dont see people complaining about this since it forces you and all your other human racers to quit which abandons the custom race completely.  AI cars all too often just sit at the start/finish liine.  I have around 350 races on this game save and collectively around 250 on my other two saves that corrupted and I have experienced this bug aprox 20 times.

Same thing happens to me ( on pc  btw) ,  usually on 3rd race of 3 for me,  I can see half the Ai sitting ghosted on the start line and other half of them are racing,  but my friend  only sees me and him  ,  so I have traffic to negotiate and he has a clean track,  then at the end of the race it never ends so we have to quit,  is quite annoying 

Im bewildered why I dont see people complaining about this 
Several people have complained about it:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/44046/#Comment_44046
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/33376/#Comment_33376

etc...

Yep, always happens on the 3rd event of a race or time attack for me. 

...custom cup obviously...

XD :D , two days ago there was a car with the rear part over the fence and the front in the road JUST at the end of the last turn in Okutama track in Endurance Challege.
To make a good time, and finally i did it B) , it is necesary to drain the turn just at the point where it was the car or avoid it, with the consecuent lose of time.
Now i´m laughing when remember it but is an awfull thing to ruin a race.
To be exact in the Endurance Challenge in Okutama this week, i need to stop in the middle, wait ten seconds or so and then try with 2 clean laps without traffic, but if the AI decided that you musn´t....they will do whatever possible to f*** your race!! XD. Even with an exotic position for a crashed car, incredible.

Salute.

seen it on box too, no major issues with it.... it just means i can can finish 2nd to last instead of last :D happy days!

Maybe a pc thing because Never seen this on ps3, good luck. 
Im on ps3 and if you have actually seen it then you know it sucks casue it means the room is closing and no one gets any points cause you have to quit.

It's happened once to me at Bathurst, quite annoying because I had to press the quite button as there wasn't a countdown timer thingy at the end. That would've been even more annoying if it was the last race of a custom cup online. Thankfully I've never seen it happen again.

SASBlink said:
seen it on box too, no major issues with it.... it just means i can can finish 2nd to last instead of last :D happy days!
I'm pretty sure I'm the one who's supposed to come last. :P

SASBlink said:
Don't worry we can take it turns coming last or second to last. ;)

SASBlink said:
SASBlink said:
Don't worry we can take it turns coming last or second to last. ;)
I bet I can be the lastest last. :P

I just experienced this bug yesterday as a friend and I were leveling a new car. I had never done custom matches before and it happened twice in the span of 30 minutes. This was on PC.