DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2013 PC RECORDING SOFTWARE

Hello youtubers and all you other lot.
Which program do you prefer recording your F1 driving with, and at which settings can you do it without losing frames per second?

UPDATE

Watch this if you have nvidia and want the best recording software there is. Even though your GPU is too old, it still works. I made a guide.

FRAPS. Tried Dxtory, which hammered my framerate. Can get mostly consistent 30 FPS (For Youtube, 30 FPS limit, so not worth doubling the file size :P ) with FRAPS. Bog standard settings too, not that you can really change it much.

Recording to a seperate drive/SSD is also highly recommended. Downside with FRAPS is that the movie sizes are HUGE (yay no compression!) which can really hit upload times. I recomend using something like Handbrake to compress as well :)

Recording to a seperate drive/SSD is also highly recommended. Downside with FRAPS is that the movie sizes are HUGE (yay no compression!) which can really hit upload times. I recomend using something like Handbrake to compress as well :)
Altho, it takes forever to compress to still a somewhat decent quality with handbrake, not to mention potential over heating of the CPU! FX-6300 here, and the temps were getting awfully high with the stock cooler. Proper fan soon put paid to that.

So maybe with fraps, 30 fps and half size (i drive with 1080p resolution) and then file location on an external harddrive.

Although i don´t play f1 games that much i record my games like DiRT3 and GRID2 with the Nvidia Shadowplay. I always used to use Fraps but since shadowplay i don´t want anything else. I never experienced fps drop or other problems in performance using shadowplay while playing a game which can´t be said if you use Fraps. Here is a link to Shadowplay http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay

Shadowplay is a part of the Nvidia geforce experience and comes for free with the driver update (gtx600 and up only) of your nvidia graphics card.

Nowadays i only use fraps for screenshots because it works easy.

FRAPS. Tried Dxtory, which hammered my framerate. Can get mostly consistent 30 FPS (For Youtube, 30 FPS limit, so not worth doubling the file size :P ) with FRAPS. Bog standard settings too, not that you can really change it much.
you need to properly reconfigure dxtory dude. Best thing about it is that if you configure it properly, you can set dxtory to record at 30FPS while you play at 60FPS 

Also if you have an Nvidia card, nvidia has their own game recording software

MSI got a free recorder with 100 fps option, called Afterburner
I use it all the time ;)
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

When I used PS3 ( HDMI with grabber pci-e card ) and I have tested FRAPS. However, it was not best (for me) then I used Bandicam (for me the best solution). Now on PC I use bandicam and shadowplay from nvidia (shadowplay - best quality) .