Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 : screen tearing is back even on PS4 Pro version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLKY6eFfUwc

Still screen tearing on F1 2017 (and popping) even on ps4 Pro and we probably can expect frames drops... Is that a joke ? A well known issue since F1 2015....

One week to fix screen tearing when they were unable to do it in one year (F1 2015 and F1 2016).... Sad story

fifi25 said:
One week to fix screen tearing when they were unable to do it in one year (F1 2015 and F1 2016).... Sad story
That video definitely is not the latest build, no where near what would be considered 'this weeks build'. Look like it's from around April/May time maybe slightly later. 

I really hope you are right Haydn... I preordred it one Xbox One and I'm expecting technical improvement since F1 2016 that were technically catastrophic on Xbox...

Screen tearing was already mentioned in one of the interviews and Lee Mather confirmed this was an issue they were working on. I really hope they fixed it for the GM or at least the one day patch (if there is one)

I'm surprised they actually get the performance they currently get out of the consoles tbh, the CPU and GPU they use is very old by todays standards.

Maybe their engine doesn't support dynamic resolution scaling which would probably help when the load gets heavy.

Honestly screen tearing is better than the other option. At the minute they use Adaptive Vsync so once you're at the 60fps target its enabled, no tearing. As the load increases and theirs no horsepower left, the framerate drops and Vsync disables. If they just had a forced Vsync triple buffered, you'd experience stutter/microstutter and input lag with whichever input device you're using. If they forced Vsync double bufferd you'd instantly get locked to 30fps until theirs enough free horse power to hit the 60fps target again, but it's VERY JARRING going up and down like that.

Screen tearing is the lesser of two evils and won't be fixed unless they drop the resolution/graphic details which would probably be a bad idea seeing as how so many people already are complaining about the graphics being bad, or the consoles get better hardware.

Im getting a gaming computer i like the choices 4k 1080p 1440p or 1800p custom resolution, the new XBX looks pretty cool but that will age pretty quickly with the CPU?

Still the consoles are better optimised but trying to get 60fps on original xbox one is a struggle when its at gtx 1050 territory.

Im getting a gaming computer i like the choices 4k 1080p 1440p or 1800p custom resolution, the new XBX looks pretty cool but that will age pretty quickly with the CPU?

Still the consoles are better optimised but trying to get 60fps on original xbox one is a struggle when its at gtx 1050 territory.
The consoles run on basically a modified x86 Windows 10, the optimization isn't better, it just runs lower/customised settings, it's not like the 360/PS3 days.

The original Xbox GPU is comparable to a 750ti, the CPU is like FX 8320 underclocked @ 1.8ghz.. CPU performance of 2012-14.. and it was low/med end then and when you factor in the underclock to match the performance of the Jaguar chip in the Xbox one.. it's even worse.

Dboyking1 said:
Its not the final product, cant judge a game when it aint released.
It's the retail build according to the video uploader. There will be patches, of course, but this isn't a problem they've managed to fix in a patch any other year, so I wouldn't be overly hopeful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPObvA9z_gM

A new video that confirms screen tearing issues even on PS4 Pro...

Just jumped into a Twitch stream with somone playing XB1 version (twitch.tv/superkmx)

Went in mainly to ask this question, same issue as last year, he explained Monaco and Baku are the worse, Looks like i just saved myself money.

What a pity... screen tearing, popping, massive frames drops and textures that appears lately. I canceled my preordered on Xbox One and waiting for digital foundry review.

Lol ur all rly good fans of the series, if u cancel orders purely cause there's a little bit of screen tearing. Some easy fix could be just move to pc and enable v-sync xD Then u don't get framed drops, u can put it a much higher setting, and no texture issues at all. Also frame drops I found when I used to play on xbox were only in the wet, and the issue of when someone joins has been fixed (that was a pc specific issue)

technicall issues were terrible on Xbox one for F1 2016, it ruined the game experience.

fifi25 said:
technicall issues were terrible on Xbox one for F1 2016, it ruined the game experience.

Didn't for me. And didn't for many others. If ur looking for it u will notice it. It's less of a game breaker than something like say, poor handling or un-playable online, or lack of features.

Totally desagree with you Haydn, in a racing game  a constant framerate is very important

I am so dissapointed!
I bought that just today, and its just $hit. Much of frame drops and that SCREEN TEARING!! (PS4 PRO)
I hope they will fix it till the next week, or i will never buy formula 1 game again. :-(
ps.: Come on Codemasters, u r not Ubisoft...

I'm sorry but when I watch this gameplay I don't see anything wrong with it..

I can't see either on my screen when playing the game. No fps drops on my Xbox. Only thing I noticed that the cars kind of pop away in the distance when you look behind and the cars are really far behind you. Except of that all is gucci.

Hi I can not play the game it is freezing constantly on every 2 or 3 seconds.I am playing on PC, CPU FX8320, GPU ASUS R9 270, RAM 8GB. Can You help me what to do?