Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 : screen tearing is back even on PS4 Pro version

Xbox One version is also tearing quite a bit, sometimes even in the Paddock during Career.

textures bugs, screen tearing and massive frames drops on both PS4 pro and Xbox One and what a noise with PS4 pro ventilator it's going to explode !

Will these issues be corrected ? Will livery be updated ?

Good handling and career mode but unfinished game again (Digital foundry is talking about the same issues on the Xbox One X demo (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-hands-on-with-xbox-one-x-at-gamescom-2017) :

" The surprise package comes in the form of Codemasters' F1 2017. Similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider, this game is operating at a native 4K on Xbox One X, while its PS4 Pro counterpart hits the same 2160p output via checkerboarding. Image quality on this one is off the charts - if it's not a match for the top-end PC experience, it's very close. However, while the title targets 60fps, its current performance level often falls somewhat short, with dropped frames and noticeable screen-tear. We've not had the chance to check this one out on the existing consoles yet, so we'll be curious to see the extent to which the base versions at 1080p resolution compare in performance terms - and to see whether performance on PS4 Pro via checkerboarding is on par or better than what we saw here on Xbox One X. "

I really expect technical improvment this time, unlike F1 2015 and F1 2017.

fifi25 said:
Livery updates have been promised for a forthcoming patch, yes. Screen tearing, I'd be less confident, based on similar issues in previous years.

I'm running it on PsPro with boost mode enabled and it runs perfectly, I'd expect the Xbox version to be a mess though with the same FPS issues of 2016 sadly, .... (i have both PsPro and One-S)

Same problem here with the pro....
Has any of you guys the problem that the ps4 needs lots of cooling while playing f1?

fifi25 said:
Livery updates have been promised for a forthcoming patch, yes. Screen tearing, I'd be less confident, based on similar issues in previous years.

I really hope they improve technical performances and fix issues. What a pity to have the same technical issues years after years. The game is really good (handling, career mode) but the lack of technical performances and the same issues years after years on each plateform is not acceptable.

Im on the Ps4 Pro and the screen tearing is pretty bad.... I went into camera options and changed camera movement on TV pod to 20% I think it helped a bit... could be placebo effect though...

i bought f1 17 for ps4 pro. i have screen tearing. i wish i had check this before i buy it. i cry my 50 euro. i will never buy from codemasters any game

Yes I wish I would have known about this...I mean it's worse than F1 2015. The more you play the more you see the tearing and framedrops on different tracks. As far as I have noticed it always happens when a lot of trees/objects occur. So in Monza, Spa, Melbourne, Singapore (under the brigde on the way to turn 4)...

@jennyannem please give us an info about this. This is worse than in any other F1 game and not acceptable for us players because it influences the driving experience to a degree that your concentration will change from driving to this issue.

Why is it that Dirt 4 runs smoothly at 60fps?
Plus the cooling fan does not run wild on the pro?
I'd expect that the codies tested F1 before releasing it.
Don't get me wrong F1 2017 is a super game only it's a shame that the technical part is broken....

Why is it that Dirt 4 runs smoothly at 60fps?
Plus the cooling fan does not run wild on the pro?
I'd expect that the codies tested F1 before releasing it.
Don't get me wrong F1 2017 is a super game only it's a shame that the technical part is broken....

Same question I keep asking myself. Somebody must have tested it before the release. I love the racing and all the other stuff BUT as you said, the techniccal part breaks the game for me. It's almost like "oh hey watch it, another tearing, hey...another texture failure...and wait I will get a cup of coffee until the framerate-drops are finished"...

For you guys with a ps4 pro and a 4k tv,
Try to disable HDR in the ps4 menu.
The cooling fan is much more quiet now.
And graphical i have seen no difference.