Sign in to follow this  

QOTW #2: If you could add 3 things to an F1 game, what would they be?

Time for the second edition of question of the week! Not a poll this time, but written answers instead.

Imagine you're Steve Hood, chief game designer of the F1 games. If you could add three things to an F1 game, what would they be?

It'll be interesting to see whether similar things often crop up in your answers.  

Time for the second edition of question of the week! Not a poll this time, but written answers instead.

Imagine you're Steve Hood, chief game designer of the F1 games. If you could add three things to an F1 game, what would they be?

It'll be interesting to see whether similar things often crop up in your answers.  
1 REALISM 
2 REALISM
3 REALISM  ...

If I could add three things, they would be:
- Return to the Live the Life menus (and interviews), they're so good for player immersion
- Formation lap
- More logical radio comments

Id start off with simple things as Im already in way over my head with a history of poor form in game design. Id aim to make simple changes to improve authenticity and immersion:

1. FOM presentation, im talking the works... menus, HUD, grid, info graphics, TV replays with full FOM overlays as if it were a real broadcast, pre race video packages of the track and surrounding city/town/villages... basically everything will be made to look like it were done by FOM themselves

2. Career customisation - strike a contract with EA to use "gameface" technology to port your face into the game, and use an online editor to create YOUR number/font/style and colours. Same applys for helmets. This will give the game a personal touch and put you into the drivers seat. Standard generic number styles and helmets can be made standard for those without internet connections

3. Advance the replay system to mimic Geoff Crammonds games, where you can pause and cycle through any camera mount on any car at any time, and incorporate a TV director mode where you can save replays of races you raced in and direct the feed however you want. Would be handy for thise with mics to recor their own commentary over the top and save that with the replay too.

After these things id focus on all the fundamental issues with the gameplay, AI, physics, etc

The ability to add car skins to a console game using a USB memory stick. Would solve any licensing issues.

1. all options available in all game modes (fuel/tire wear + all weather types & tire types + fuel load & mixture available in TT, all qualifying lengths & race distances available in career & season challenge, custom setups available in OSQ, qualifying & custom setups available in split-screen, etc).
2. all tracks from all CM F1 games.
3. more online options (being able to go to the track and practice while waiting for other players to join in all online modes, quick races with realistic damage & penalties enabled, "ready" button in all online modes so that we can start the race faster, a driver rating system so that we can filter good players from bad ones).

1) Top notchAI
2) Realistic career mode...
3) With full option for multiplayer with several players in whatever teams they want
I don't want much 

I'll start at the beginning.
1. P1
2. P2
3. P3 to be the 3rd practise session and the track evolved as it did in 10 - 11.

I know I'm very bad but
1.a very easy mode
2. More in deph training at how to go round different corners
3.ai lap times easier to beat

I know I'm very bad but
1.a very easy mode
2. More in deph training at how to go round different corners
3.ai lap times easier to beat
Your points aren't invalid because you think you aren't very good at the game. I think number 2 is a great idea. 2013 had a hot lap overview but it wasn't very in depth for any specific corner. There is going to be a very easy difficulty in 2014 if I remember correctly.

1. A save replay feature. I want to see where I am losing time, or how I gained time on my fastest laps. I have literally no idea how I managed to do the first sector of Brands Hatch as quickly as I did on my record and I would have liked to be able to see it in a replay.

2. More classic tracks and cars. I understand how difficult the licensing can be for these things but not including Classic mode in 2014 is a big disappointment for me. I loved driving Mansell's '88 and '92 Williams. I would have liked to have seen some cars from the tail end of the grid. I was disappointed that many classic tracks like Adelaide and long Hockenheim were not included in 2013.

3. It has been mentioned a lot but I would like to see the return of interviews as well as the addition of podium and formation lap sequences. F1 2013's career hasn't held my attention for very long because it isn't very immersive.

1. Realistic handling/physics/setups/force feedback like iRacing, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, and not this arcadey nonsence
2. Dedicated servers
3. A level playing field!  No more cheats or hidden steering assist!

1. You should change something when there's rain during the race, IA can already go with slick tires even if we can see much water in the track.. more realism!

2. More damages and techniqual problems, not only kers or DRS but also and why not suspensions, gearbox, breaks and many other..

3. Like NBA2K, interviews before and after sessions should come back.. Friday and Saturday morning sessions should come back too like in f1 2006

1 fp1 fp2
2 what Eva happens to me should be able to happen to the a.I. As well
3 realistic career