Sign in to follow this  

When will we get some or any news?

Just curious , before there was a build up (diary, screenshot, news, hints, etc  from Codemasters F1 games, it was exciting, as they developed more F1 games, more hush hush followed.... Personally I think the later was  better for us fans...  This no news things sucks... just my thought....

probably not until the summer at earliest my guess is probably end of June maybe July we'll get some info and maybe some screenshots

We'll get news when CM is ready to release it. :p

In all seriousness, I'd expect somewhere in the summer, around late June, early July, like @sjsharp2010 said.

It will most likely be released the same time as last year, generally they leave the news very late (around the British GP normally). 

Just curious , before there was a build up (diary, screenshot, news, hints, etc  from Codemasters F1 games, it was exciting, as they developed more F1 games, more hush hush followed.... Personally I think the later was  better for us fans...  This no news things sucks... just my thought....

Yep agreed and there will definitely be a build-up, but we don't want to drag things out, we'd rather have new content every week instead of drip feed info throughout the year. The announcement will come, and so will the reveals, but just not yet. Sorry if I'm being vague, sadly I can't provide any sort of ETA right now.

It's cool Hatta, most of us completely understand. Just make sure when you do officially announce and reveal, you absolutely blow us away! ;)

Recon1k said:
It's cool Hatta, most of us completely understand. Just make sure when you do officially announce and reveal, you absolutely blow us away! ;)
Ha ha. "Its ok, but if you cross us we'll destroy you!"

You won't hear anything now until at least the end of June. Codies won't want to take any publicity away from Grid Autosport. After that I think you'll get news about F1, then probably they'll move their focus onto the next DiRT game which I reckon will be released early next year at the earliest. Its that or F1 won't get released until December/January and I can't see that happening

Let CM take all the time they need, as long as they use that time to make the game work.

They really HAVE to with F1-2014.  With 2012 and 2013 twitchy, glitchy twerky mess they really HAVE to get it right.  And I really hope they do get it right.

I would much rather have a later release for a game that works properly than have it sooner and be another mess that needs a bunch of patches to make it function.  And if history is anything to go by, they may not do all the patches needed to make the game work.

I love F1 racing games and F1-2010 was such a fantastic revelation.  Which is what makes 2012 and 2013 such a disappointment.

Please get it right CM.  I am willing to wait.  I am willing to pay more.  But only if it works this time.

This is how I understand it:
Somewhere up at the highest, sunny offices there's a CEO, CTO or whatever in fine dresses, planning with those indian owners when the releases has to be out (compared with other game developers, Christmas etc etc etc).

Then they put out a date to people like Steve Hood, says "get it done" and of they go while smoking a cigar to fetch the golf clubs.
So they need to hire other companies to get some of the work done as well, to get a normal developement time at 2-3 years down to 11-12 months.

Finally, the game is (more or less) ready for launch, and of it goes at the specified date.
Few hours for bugs, because next game is already waiting to be developed.. etc.. etc..

That's why CM really should consider Early Releases, so we (together - CM and the users) could sniff up some/most of? those bugs MEANWHILE the programmers are still on it and available - and while someone still got a clue of who has done what.
Got it? :D