Sign in to follow this  

IM SO BAD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have had f1 2013 for about half a year now and i have started and restarted career mode over and over and on practice and qualifying i just get worst lap time every time no mater what so i hear that f1 2013 is harder so i try 11 wow still get worst lap my mate gets best instantly no mater how hard i try i place 22nd position its so god damn annoying it makes me want to smash my xbox and don't give me any of this just practise crap cause ive been trying to practice since march  

Which area are you struggling with? There is a variety of things that you could be doing wrong.

The brake and/or cornering assists tend to be a burden for a lot of beginner players. Do you use them?

Also I tend to never be able to hit corners right at all and always have to hit the breaks compared to people you just zoom round them

I find real hard on a gamepad looking into getting a wheel and hope will be better . not sure what your using but F1 cars are so twitchie

Try turning those assists off - they are far too conservative so it is difficult to get a good lap time or even overtake with them enabled. People are most likely beating you into corners because of how early the braking assist kicks in.

Try to follow the racing line as much as possible. It isn't completely accurate but it is a great way to learn the braking points on each track. When you come out of corners don't push the throttle all the way down. The cars in 2013 have a lot less traction than their 2012 counterparts. Instead you should try and gradually push the trigger more as you straighten the car out.

well 2013 is the hardest of the series even I struggle with it the assists don't erally match AI pace and that's the problem fortunately this is being rectified in 2014. TBH you're better off playing the earlier ones if you want an easier more pleasurable racer.

Turn brake assist off, there's no reason to use brake assist, it slows you down too much, use the racing line as reference. Try to brake in a straight line, avoid turning & braking at the same time.

I play with PS3/X360 controller, all assists off, manual gears, cockpit view. The key to get a decent lap is to try to be as smooth as possible, smooth steering turning into corners, smooth throttle coming out of corners. 

Well thx and hola I know I'm a noon so I do not take that as an offence I'm gonna go try now with no assists the only think I will keep on is automatic gears as on all racing games that's the one thing I've never masterd

Well I tried that and didnt work what so ever so I watch a hotlap on yt and people on all turns just glide round them at like top speed but when I try to do that I just go flying so fuck auto break don't make a bloody diffrence

As the saying goes: "Fix the nut behind the wheel before you try to fix the bolts on the car." :smiley: There's no shortcut or substitute for practice and trial-&-error.

Hot-lapping, examining replays of faster drivers in action, & chasing faster ghosts can help when searching for faster lines around a track.

Experiment with your timing through each turn:

...Try braking earlier & later, and take note of how it affects your corner entry & exit.

...Try turning in earlier & later, and take note of how it affects your corner entry & exit.

...Try getting back on the throttle earlier & later, and take note of how it affects your corner exit.

And remember to finesse your inputs - often, just gentle/gradual application of throttle & brakes works better than smashing them down completely.

Here are some links to resources for polishing driving technique:

iRacing Racing School YouTube playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqZLBOpI5JFKebBA_i-SCkGRRypXovWv6

AMG Driving Academy YouTube playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAFA32E4E86B511D2

http://www.DrivingFast.net

http://www.turnfast.com/technical

"Ultimate Speed Secrets: The Complete Guide to High-Performance and Race Driving" by Ross Bentley - http://amzn.com/0760340501

Good luck & have fun.

Assists are purely personal preference. Experiment with assists on & off, and see how they affect your lap times. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - all that matters is what makes you faster. As you're learning, you may be faster with certain assists enabled. As you progress, you may find that you become even faster after you disable assists. Take it one step at a time & enjoy the ride.

Might help if you could post a video of you playing somehow, might be easier for us to tell where you're going wrong.  Assume you haven't remapped the brakes to something other than the trigger,  as you'll have much less control if you do that... 

OK so I've been doing it for about an hour in time trial in f1 2011 and I did perfect 1.25 but when it comes to the career I just go flying off corners no matter what

But I did practice in a Ferrari in time trial and williams in career would that make a difference just a thought 
Use the same car in time  trail as  in career as you are learning how the car drives and reacts. From reading your posts it seems to me your trying to hard .Try this go into free practice  (career mode) with say half a tank of fuel and do some slow laps building up your speed  slowly lap after lap and see if that helps ...

@doctorrift - just turn on the ABS and TC,  when you get better lose the TC,   its up to you if you want ABS or not,    Personally for me, its a game, I use ABS.  Dont think I used TC while playing F1, but I cannot remember.