Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PS4 (Pro): graphic issues

I played it this morning before work and noticed screen tearing at Spa in the dry during a time trial (no other cars). That's a PS4 Pro with Boost mode enabled!

Project Cars puts Codemasters to shame in terms of graphics at Spa.

Yes it's so frustrating...tearing and framedrops and texture problem with Boost Mode on and PS4 pro...There is NO difference when you turn the Boost Mode off...NONE...NOTHING...why even use the pro? I would  understand when the normal PS4 would have all these issues...but the Pro? With Boost Mode on? So disappointed...

MSC2k13 said:

Texture issue seem to occur after using the rear (R3 down) view...
Yes right! I've checked it. If you use R3 stick you can see how the textures changes when you lock forward again. It changed from high to low res randomly obviously...

Boost Mode is only for games that do not have Pro enhancements. So it doesn't matter if it's on or not when you play F1 2017 because it has Pro enhancements (hopefully better than DiRT 4 because that game actually looks worse on the Pro than it does on vanilla PS4).

I found out that as soon as the helm and glove textures are pixeled the car numbers are missing!! You can check it in the replays! 
Codemasters please hurry up with a patch..!
The gameplay rocks but with this graphic issues its very ugly ...

I found out that as soon as the helm and glove textures are pixeled the car numbers are missing!! You can check it in the replays! 
Codemasters please hurry up with a patch..!
The gameplay rocks but with this graphic issues its very ugly ...

Same issue here. Very low resolution texture in several places (regular PS4). Here's two images that shows it...

First, they're just photos of my TV, I haven't setup any sharing from my PS4, but they show the problem.

I guess there should be some kind of logo on the bottom of the screen in the garage... Or maybe it's supposed to be a squashed mosquito?

Some areas on the gloves and the helmet are also super low res... 

There are several other places as well, player faces, clothing, ads etc etc...

Guuyys please I need a quick respond!! This happens sometimes to me on career mode with the graphics !! The grid numbers seem to disappear suddenly like in racec? Does it happen to you??

Ok...just made a test...because I have both...normal PS4 and PS4 pro...the game seems to run better on the normal PS4. No gains in loading times or graphics on the pro. Overall there seems to be less framerate drops on the normal PS4...which is really weird

MSC2k13 said:
Ok...just made a test...because I have both...normal PS4 and PS4 pro...the game seems to run better on the normal PS4. No gains in loading times or graphics on the pro. Overall there seems to be less framerate drops on the normal PS4...which is really weird
.... I guess I've to contact CM that they have to re-buy me a normal PS4 because I've sold mine.
Seriously...F1 was one of the reasons why I bought a Pro. This is so disappointing!

By the way: How is the feeling of speed on other platforms? I'm not 100% sure but I think it was better in F1 2016. Seems like there is no difference between 200 and 300 kmh?! Just asking because this belongs maybe also to the Performance of F1 on a Ps4pro?

Same here...bought a pro in february because of the Framerate-Drops in f1 2016. Worked fine and it was gone. Now I have this issues again and it's even worse with a far superior console

Ok I treid everything, switch consoles, screen settings, motion blur on and off...nothing...tearing and framerate drops are even worse when you start midfield or from the back of the grid

MSC2k13 said:
Ok I treid everything, switch consoles, screen settings, motion blur on and off...nothing...tearing and framerate drops are even worse when you start midfield or from the back of the grid
Yes I tried so too... its an issue of the game - full stop! They have to fix it... better today than tomorrow...

Ive tried various steps to reduce the screen tearing, nothing works. Hopefully they get a patch out before Digital Foundry tears it apart....

no...nothing works. I've tried it myself. I even reset the pro but it wouldn't work. 

I've posted some tips that may help: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56214/ps4-ps4-pro-graphics-tuning-tips

gimmick73 thanks but I think it doesn't help... I tried the settings in the free practice and the gloves and helmets are still pixeled on PS4... Codemasters need to patch this ASAP, it s a bit annoying

They absolutely need to patch this problem.... I found the settings above helped me ENJOY the game more and ignore the distracting tears. It's not perfect but helps a lot.

I think this is not a PS4 Pro issue only, I have PS4 and it has same issue. Low texture on clothes, helmet and sometimes faces. It must be fixed.

I think this is not a PS4 Pro issue only, I have PS4 and it has same issue. Low texture on clothes, helmet and sometimes faces. It must be fixed.
no but the tearing is worse on the pro. I checked it on both consols

Such a shame.seems like the graphics were pretty sweet according to reviews of the pre patch game, then 1.03 messed them up. I remember the same thing happening in Project Cars where the replays were great on review copies but on release builds they were sub par.
That's why we can't really rely on reviews because they aren't release builds.

hey guys, in another topic someone changed PS4 video setup from Auto to 1080p. Did you try this? Perhaps this will work for us.