Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PS4 (Pro): graphic issues

If you put it like this...on automatic it is 100% on 1080p maybe 90-95%...it won't make the situation that much better

Best situation is in cockpit view, offset TV pod and the chase cams (especially far chase) with cockpit view as the less influenced tearing cam. Camera shake effects tearing as well. Didn't noticed any differences in motion blur changes.

During my testing video output didn't make a difference. I tried 1080p 1080i 720p. Tearing was the same. 

Other folks have mentioned turning of HDR for advanced displays. 

With "best" I mean the best of the worst tearing situation. That doesn't mean that the situation is good...it's the worse on current gen of PS4 games

The only problem is not with helmets. All clothes, gloves, amblems/sponsors on them and faces are with low texture like 640x480.

Yes seems to occur when using the rear view (R3 down) after a certain number of usages it occurs

Guys could it be that tearing is worse because of 4k in PS4 pro??? Info notice tearing but have to say that I notice the resolution difference to base ps4

MSC2k13 said:
Yes seems to occur when using the rear view (R3 down) after a certain number of usages it occurs
This ^

Did a full race not looking back and helmet stayed hi-res all race.

Regarding the low res textures, they're aware of it:

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/901484110287339522

I hope they are aware of the tearing and the underwhelming performance on the Pro as well

They know about tearing since F1 2015 on PS4 and both Xbox one ;-) and about low resolution texture since F1 2016, those issues are just worse in F1 2017. This is called "progress" ladys and gentleman !

With pixel textures issues sometimes trees look alike Minecraft :D (e.g., Spa or Monza)

Is there any update on this? Do they work on a patch? Maybe one of us should put screenshots and ask moderator to pin this topic as a main topic.

Ok...the higher the sense of speed...the fewer you'll notice the tearing and Framerate-Drops 

I have the following for the tv pod:

I know...field of view is huge BUT it will minimize the tearing AND you are finally fast :-D 

Motion Blur: 10%

Also: It might be placebo but drive a qualy session first, not just a quick race. It seems to be better with an additional session before the race.

MSC2k13 said:
Ok...the higher the sense of speed...the fewer you'll notice the tearing and Framerate-Drops 

I have the following for the tv pod:

I know...field of view is huge BUT it will minimize the tearing AND you are finally fast :-D 

Motion Blur: 10%

Also: It might be placebo but drive a qualy session first, not just a quick race. It seems to be better with an additional session before the race.

I think the game learns what it can and cannot render given the speed, camera angles, and so on. I have felt that a lap helps reduce the perception of tearing. 

I'm glad they are working on a fix. 

Yeah got the Same issue with the low res. on Cars helmets gloves Box-crew and so on....
it happens mostly After flashback or replays and often before you Start a race

I've noticed that too! It's to anoying, because sometimes the helmets, gloves and cothes are sharp, sometimes not... Every time I finish a race, the cut scenes after that have a graphic bug! I'm really enjoying the game, but that's kind of a bug that can ruin our experience!

The low textures on the gloves, helmets and car number has happened in every career race i have had so far. It also happens in every pre and post race cut scene. It makes a great looking game look extremely ugly. (Ps4 version)

Sadler said:
MSC2k13 said:
This ^

Did a full race not looking back and helmet stayed hi-res all race.
Tried this... Still happens random