Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PS4 (Pro): graphic issues

For PS4 / PS4 Pro users:

MSC2k13 kindly posted a TV Pod view that definitely reduces tearing (not perfect but close) for Spa.

I tweaked his settings slightly as I didn't like the super wide angle of view. I have the following:

Graphics Options > Motion Blur Strength = 10%
Graphics Options > HUD Area = Default (even if the box is outside your screen)
Camera Options > View = TV Pod
Camera Options > FOV = 0.50
Camera Options > Lateral = 0.00
Camera Options > Horizontal = 0.40
Camera Options > Vertical = 1.00
Camera Options > Angle = -1.00
Camera Options > Clip = 1.00     (i saw one glitch on the road surface at spa ymmv)
Camera Options > Angle = 0.00
Camera Options > Shake = 0.0%
Camera Options > Movement = 0.0%

gimmick73 said:
For PS4 / PS4 Pro users:

MSC2k13 kindly posted a TV Pod view that definitely reduces tearing (not perfect but close) for Spa.

I tweaked his settings slightly as I didn't like the super wide angle of view. I have the following:

Graphics Options > Motion Blur Strength = 10%
Graphics Options > HUD Area = Default (even if the box is outside your screen)
Camera Options > View = TV Pod
Camera Options > FOV = 0.50
Camera Options > Lateral = 0.00
Camera Options > Horizontal = 0.40
Camera Options > Vertical = 1.00
Camera Options > Angle = -1.00
Camera Options > Clip = 1.00     (i saw one glitch on the road surface at spa ymmv)
Camera Options > Angle = 0.00
Camera Options > Shake = 0.0%
Camera Options > Movement = 0.0%

Great that it is somehow working. It's far from a perfect solution but now we must rely on codies to improve the performance on the PS4 / PS4 pro. It is also a big issue in almost every review you can read out there, so hopefully codies will fix it.

i have noticed a few annoying graphics glitches, these are present in all modes:

Cars in the distance disappearing and reappearing. sometimes when in the distance it looks like it's not rendering the full model.

pulsing sky! When clouds are present the sky pluses, it looks like it's vibration but out of sync with the rest of the picture.

Banding in the sky, I'm playing on a PS Pro in HDR on 4K tv, there is visible banding in the sky most noticeable in clear weather.

choppy frame rate during cut scenes and flash backs, looks less than 30fps. 

PS4 pro, t500, 4K HDR tv

noticed exactly the same in my last race in spa. I also had the same issue in shanghai

@MSC2k13 that's exactly where I've noticed the pulsing sky too! I'm not sure if it's confined to these two tracks? I'll try a few more.

Has anyone else noticed the cars disappearing and reappearing? it happens in the mid distance they reappear in the when further away but not the full model of the car. Noticing it a lot on the long straight in china.

In my view we should seperate the issues of tearing and low texture quality. For instance there is no issue as tearing on my experience, but low texturing is full of my F1 2017 experience.

Hi,
yes, i have the same problems with the graphic textures. Extremly with the Helments. I have also the PS4 Pro. Sometimes the Helmets look good and the graphic ist normal an somethimes the graphic is extremly bad (look very blurry). After the race, when you see the drivers come out of the car. Please Codemaster fix the graphic problems withe the PS4 Pro as fast as possible. Otherwise the game was verry good. I love the slider vor difficulty level and the classic cars are wonderfull. Thanks for the game.

In my view we should seperate the issues of tearing and low texture quality. For instance there is no issue as tearing on my experience, but low texturing is full of my F1 2017 experience.
Can you try Spa, midday, clear sky for tearing?

I agree that texturing and tearing should be different threads. 

Wild guess; Singapore, Baku, Spa, Monaco, Monza, Canada hairpin to hairpin, Melbourne turn 5 and 6 heavy tearing and frame drops even alone on track in time trial.. ? 

On the loading screens when it is all black the screen goes heavily pixelated and distorted????what the hell.

OMG!!!Look at the trees,especially on melbourne,they look like minecraft graphics,sort it out codemasters or this will be the last title of yours that i buy..

Thanx you Codies on ps4 and both Xbox One we can play to Minacraft-F1 2017 :D

jlr1 said:
OMG!!!Look at the trees,especially on melbourne,they look like minecraft graphics,sort it out codemasters or this will be the last title of yours that i buy..
A lot of people are experiencing this. There's a post earlier in the thread to minimize the problem by tuning your camera settings. That should help you enjoy the game while CM find and squash this graphics bug.

Screen tearing and very bad graphics at regular PS4 while F1 2016 was graphically very nice, as are all my other games I play on PS4 

roberto28 said:
Screen tearing and very bad graphics at regular PS4 while F1 2016 was graphically very nice, as are all my other games I play on PS4 
Of all games I've played so far, F1 2017 has the worst graphic performance. I've never seen so many graphic glitches and tearing. It's so annoying. Other than that it is full of bugs and glitches. Great...let's hope that by the end of the season we are able to play we normally used to on 25.08.2017.

Okay, so I deleted F1 2017 from my PS4 in its entirety and re-installed the game making sure that I didn't install this glitched 1.03 "patch".

I can happily report that apart from the tyre blankets being low res, that's all. However, I have noticed that players are unable to select the tyre allocation and the safety car as it is set as off. Probably why this 1.03 patch was implemented in the first place.

Jesus. I don't remember F1 2016 having these major issues aside from multi-player. I hope Codemasters come with a patch for this...I won't be playing the game until this is fixed. Sorry to say, but it completely ruins the game for me with pre year 2000 graphics!

Today they open a topic as update on patches but specifically mentioned to DSQ issue on multiplayer. They didn't mentioned to low texture issue. On the other hand they also didn't mention to tendering. (I also see there is another serious issue that wearing scale according to 25% and 50% lenght races is not working properly and they didn't mentioned) I hope they don't miss them.

How do you do that? When I downloaded the game it came with 1.03 pre-patched on the first download. Is there a way to control what you get during the download?

Today they open a topic as update on patches but specifically mentioned to DSQ issue on multiplayer. They didn't mentioned to low texture issue. On the other hand they also didn't mention to tendering. (I also see there is another serious issue that wearing scale according to 25% and 50% lenght races is not working properly and they didn't mentioned) I hope they don't miss them.
Me too. This graphic low res texture issue is just awful. Ruins all the good work that Codemasters have done with F1 2017 ☹

gimmick73 said:
How do you do that? When I downloaded the game it came with 1.03 pre-patched on the first download. Is there a way to control what you get during the download?
What I did was delete the game completely. Then re-install the application. You will then get a prompt to install this 1.03 patch. Before it goes to automatically install, press the options button on your controller and go to downloads. You can select and cancel the update from being installed.

I had to do this a few times as the game wants you to install it. Be warned, the safety car remains off and you can't select your tyre allocation.