Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PS4 (Pro): graphic issues

Bronson86 said:
gimmick73 said:
How do you do that? When I downloaded the game it came with 1.03 pre-patched on the first download. Is there a way to control what you get during the download?
What I did was delete the game completely. Then re-install the application. You will then get a prompt to install this 1.03 patch. Before it goes to automatically install, press the options button on your controller and go to downloads. You can select and cancel the update from being installed.

I had to do this a few times as the game wants you to install it. Be warned, the safety car remains off and you can't select your tyre allocation.
The poster you are referring to has a digital download and it forces you to download the latest version. Sounds like you installed from the cd and obviously didn't download the patch.

Bronson86: Since you've deleted the patch 1.3, I'd like to know if the texutures are now loaded normally without waiting for a second load to get them high definition?

Sadler said:
Bronson86 said:
gimmick73 said:
How do you do that? When I downloaded the game it came with 1.03 pre-patched on the first download. Is there a way to control what you get during the download?
What I did was delete the game completely. Then re-install the application. You will then get a prompt to install this 1.03 patch. Before it goes to automatically install, press the options button on your controller and go to downloads. You can select and cancel the update from being installed.

I had to do this a few times as the game wants you to install it. Be warned, the safety car remains off and you can't select your tyre allocation.
The poster you are referring to has a digital download and it forces you to download the latest version. Sounds like you installed from the cd and obviously didn't download the patch.
Correct. I installed the game, but not the patch. You have to be quick to cancel the download because it automatically attempts to install it.

Bronson86: Since you've deleted the patch 1.3, I'd like to know if the texutures are now loaded normally without waiting for a second load to get them high definition?
I can confirm that the textures work as they should, except for the tyre blankets. This still remains low res.

Ok .. I hope that codemaster fix this bug because I have the xbox one and so the console can't stat the game without the patch 1.3

Ok .. I hope that codemaster fix this bug because I have the xbox one and so the console can't stat the game without the patch 1.3

I'm afraid I don't know about the Xbox One, but I agree with you. I hope CM fix this terrible bug. It really does destroy the game.

I won't play it again until this is fixed. Not great is it when every one of us has spent between £45.00 and £50.00 for this game. Yes, bugs are inevitable, but this particular bug is unacceptable

Actually my biggest disapointment is the bad quality of graphics.  F1 2016 was graphically much better.. 
Dont know about terms like screen tearing, framedrops.... Just poor quality graphics on PS4, thats it.

Do you think that codemaster will fix this bug?
I sincerely hope so. Apparently CM are aware of this bug. No idea when or even if this bug will be resolved

roberto28 said:
Actually my biggest disapointment is the bad quality of graphics.  F1 2016 was graphically much better.. 
Dont know about terms like screen tearing, framedrops.... Just poor quality graphics on PS4, thats it.
Really? For me the game looks so much better. It looks stunning at times with the new lighting, rain effects etc. Yesterday I played Singapore in the rain and I was actually amazed by the graphics.

roberto28 said:
There were no graphics issues with F1 2016, apart from screen tearing. A bug which was implemented on version 1.03 has caused these awful texturing issues.

Must be a big problem, as CM have not fixed it yet..

likewise said:
I'm not expert but you most likely can't do anything as it's probably either pushing the console to it's limits, it's a coding issue, or you need glasses... 
How dare you be so rude to someone who has bought the game and realised its bud ridden to death! The ps4 at its limits? hahahaha so it can do project cars 1 and 2, uncharted 4, last guardian, gt sport, the order, driveclub, infamous, the witcher 3 with ease and you blame a console and this guy, when its the developer whos at fault for not testing it? GTFO

DarkTear said:
Patch 1.4 is live ... and the little Ive played seems to have fixed most of the issues.
Great news...we can all now enjoy this great game  ☺

DarkTear said:
Patch 1.4 is live ... and the little Ive played seems to have fixed most of the issues.
Are you sure? Because Jenny said they would firstly fix multiplayer DSQ problem and then they would fix texture issue with another patch.

These are all happening because of missing patch notes!

DarkTear said:
Are you sure? Because Jenny said they would firstly fix multiplayer DSQ problem and then they would fix texture issue with another patch.

Yes, this! I don't believe that the texturing issue has been fixed. Lee Mather has stated that the DSQ issue has been rectified, but nothing about the pixelation issues.

People are now reporting after installing patch 1.04 that the engineer can no longer be heard at all?

Bronson86 said:
DarkTear said:

Yes, this! I don't believe that the texturing issue has been fixed. Lee Mather has stated that the DSQ issue has been rectified, but nothing about the pixelation issues.

People are now reporting after installing patch 1.04 that the engineer can no longer be heard at all?
Engineer sound works well at career with 1.4.

Bronson86 said:
DarkTear said:

That's encouraging. Must be an intermittent issue as some people are reporting a new engineer glitch.

Are the texturing problems still there??

Excuse Ignorance But What Will Be Fixed With Patch 1.4 And When You Can Download It?
It was the multiplayer disqualification glitch that was fixed.

Bronson86 said:
Bronson86 said:
DarkTear said:

That's encouraging. Must be an intermittent issue as some people are reporting a new engineer glitch.

Are the texturing problems still there??
Yes still issue on texture, this patch is not for texture.

There is still some tearing but nowhere near as bad as it was. The textures are definitely a lot better.