Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PS4 (Pro): graphic issues

I'm giving Codies until the weekend to fix the graphical glitches on PS4 Pro. I haven't opened the seal on my copy yet so the two week return policy still applies. If the issues aren't rectified, I'll return it on Monday and get my money back. 

Some of the tracks are filled with dark brown coloration (in the wet or overcast they are pitch black).
It's manageable in the sunshine, but otherwise it makes it very hard to drive. I have noticed these coloration things in Malaysia and USA. There are other tracks but can't remember right now the others.
In Malaysia it's especially bad. Turns 4, 5 and 6, especially turn 6 is bad. You can't really drive through it as you can see where the track ends and grass begins. (and it's never fully sunny in Malaysia so it's bad).
I play on regular PS4 (and I do have the glove / helmet / racing number problem too. Affects character models too).

Sector4 said:
I'm giving Codies until the weekend to fix the graphical glitches on PS4 Pro. I haven't opened the seal on my copy yet so the two week return policy still applies. If the issues aren't rectified, I'll return it on Monday and get my money back. 
Return it now!!!! You can always buy online later when they fix it. I'm sad that I don't have that option. 

JayJay686 said:
@Sadler I disagree! I'm playing a 2017 game on a ps4 pro and I see the whole race a pixeled helmet and gloves which looks like made with Microsoft paint on a Windows95 PC?! No way sorry!
Yes its no reason for quit playing but its very annoying imo! Futhermore I like the cut scenes before and after the race and its silly to see those pixeled Shirts from the crew or even the racesuits on the Podium which are also pixeled sometimes!
I totally agree. I've tried f1 2017 on standard ps4 and tv and on ps4 pro with 4k tv and on both ps4.s it's very dark and grainy. There is alot of pixels. Its almost like ps3 f12014. How come f12016 looked crisp. Sharp and bright and good graphics. I've tried changing gamma and camera modes .even tried alternative colour modes on both tvs but.still horrible and dark and grainy .I. thought it was my eyes at first. It's getting quite the talking point. Also HDR is off on ps4 but doubt this will.change anything. I asked when we had beta version why was it dark and grainy and was told by development it's beta that's why. So how come it's in the final game. Please help as it's quite bad on certain tracks and even worse on certain cars.I. also hear online multilayer is broken. Why

carpa said:
likewise said:
 or you need glasses... 
He doesn't. It's an issue that seems to happen randomly, both on PS4 and PS4 Pro. Hopefully it can be fixed
It's a bad issue on ps4  as I thought I needed glasses also.it's horribly dark and grainy on standard ps4 and ps4 pro.help.jenny or Lee please 

Whats also annoying after a few races is that every time a car gets on the curbs youre seeing dust or smoke?!? Looks silly! Shall this be an Graphic effect?

Akinozdemir: Can you post here a screenshot where Lee Mather saies that in the next week will be a patch that fix the textures, because I don't have an account twitter and so i can't see the message.
Thanks!!!

Just scrolled through his tweets and couldn't find it.

Anyway: Cockpit is the best solution for the tearing. If you drive in Cockpit view, you will still notice it, but is not quite as bad as in TV-Pod. The tearing actually kills this game. Yesterday in Spa it was simply undriveable. It started with tearing and after a while it got worse, textures faded and the sky began to clip. It got worse with each and every lap. I think I only had 35 fps at the end of the race and constant tearing.

Can we at least get one little info if this will get patched soon @jennyannem ?

Patch 1.05 has nothing to do with the texturing bug. v1.05 was released yesterday and this was in relation to the wear scaling bug.

EDIT: Nevermind.

@F1Support

Could you please tell us, if the tearing, clipping sky and the overall graphical performance on PS4 and PS4 pro will be patched and improved?

As per Lee's tweet we've got some improvements lined up in the next patch and we'll try to get that out as soon as we can. We'll keep you up to date with that as and when there is news. Currently it's in test in our internal QA department.

Screen tearing is a whole other issue, again we're aware there is a problem and there are working on it but optimising a game to make it run at a more consistent framerate is fraught with danger so you're not going to get massive improvements really quickly.

Forgive me for not reading this whole thread. Would you mind linking a screenshot or video of the clipping sky?

F1Support said:
As per Lee's tweet we've got some improvements lined up in the next patch and we'll try to get that out as soon as we can. We'll keep you up to date with that as and when there is news. Currently it's in test in our internal QA department.

Screen tearing is a whole other issue, again we're aware there is a problem and there are working on it but optimising a game to make it run at a more consistent framerate is fraught with danger so you're not going to get massive improvements really quickly.

Forgive me for not reading this whole thread. Would you mind linking a screenshot or video of the clipping sky?
Thank you so much for the reply!

An improvement regarding tearing would be great! 

I will try to capture it and make a video of it. Maybe just try Spa in the default TV Pod, midfield grid position and 5 Laps quick race. Weather should be dynamic or you change it from overcast to light clouds. This is the exact situation I was able to replicate the clipping sky. Spa is one of the worst tracks regarding tearing so I think it could be that the sky is clipping because of that or because of...the trees. All circuits with trees have this tearing issues.

@F1Support:
A performance mode on Pro would be very nice, and with that i mean utilizing the extra power of Pro to run stock PS4 fidility level, basically what PS4 Pro 'Boost Mode' did for F1 2016 to get as close to locked 60 FPS as possible.

Or you could actually start proper performance analysis, and tune the software according to available power of each target platform.

Or you could introduce a vsynced 30 fps cap option

F1Support said:
Thank you MSC2k13. Can you post that as a new thread please.
I just made a race in spa and I was able to recreate the tearing issue in which it gets worse with every lap. Should I make a new thread regarding the tearing or the clipping sky? Video is currently uploading.

Rillelives to my knowledge the PS4 Pro renders at 4K and downscales to 1080 if games support 4K but you're playing at 1080 so weirdly I don't think boost mode will actually help this year when it would have last year. I'll confirm that with our rendering experts.

@MSC2k13 can you make a new thread for the clipping sky and another new one for the tearing if it's definitely getting worse each lap please.