Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PS4 (Pro): graphic issues

F1Support said:

@MSC2k13 can you make a new thread for the clipping sky and another new one for the tearing if it's definitely getting worse each lap please.

@F1Support
Will do. I currently drove two races. First race was definately worse than the second. I was not able to recreate the clipping sky. It really seems to occur when the weather is changing from overcast to light clouds or sunny. Could you please try that out? It also seems to occur on "tree or object"-heavy tracks.

F1Support said:
As per Lee's tweet we've got some improvements lined up in the next patch and we'll try to get that out as soon as we can. We'll keep you up to date with that as and when there is news. Currently it's in test in our internal QA department.

Screen tearing is a whole other issue, again we're aware there is a problem and there are working on it but optimising a game to make it run at a more consistent framerate is fraught with danger so you're not going to get massive improvements really quickly.

Forgive me for not reading this whole thread. Would you mind linking a screenshot or video of the clipping sky?
You have an internal QA department? Not very good are they......

MSC2k13 said:
F1Support said:

@MSC2k13 can you make a new thread for the clipping sky and another new one for the tearing if it's definitely getting worse each lap please.

@F1Support
Will do. I currently drove two races. First race was definately worse than the second. I was not able to recreate the clipping sky. It really seems to occur when the weather is changing from overcast to light clouds or sunny. Could you please try that out? It also seems to occur on "tree or object"-heavy tracks.
@F1Support

Exactly as I said. Once the weather changes from overcast to sunny, the sky will clip. Video and seperate thread will follow.

F1Support said:
Rillelives to my knowledge the PS4 Pro renders at 4K and downscales to 1080 if games support 4K but you're playing at 1080 so weirdly I don't think boost mode will actually help this year when it would have last year. I'll confirm that with our rendering experts.

Its indeed possible to utilize native 1080p output on Pro to extract the extra power available. The Surge is one of a few good examples. 
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-the-surge-face-off

I really hope you can find some whatever needed to improve the core of your F1 series which has so many things and aspects so right but often just stumbles on technical shortcomings and reoccurring bugs.

Best wishes

Forgive me codemasters but when we beta tested f1 2017 we were told by development team the the reason the graphics were grainy and too dark was it's a beta version not whole f1 game .so when I bought cd version I was appalled to see graphics exactly the same as in.beta .we've heard all types of answers but I want a quick fix because had I've known I would have waited until it  was fixed .I've tried changing gamma and camera modes even tv modes and nothing gets rid of God damn awful dark grainy graphics. It's identical on both standard ps4 with very good tv and no better on my ps4 pro with.4k tv. If.u look very.carefully the image in cars mirrors are alot better. Why is this .and only other option is in cockpit mode where graphics are alot more crisp and brighter.so on that note codemasters must be able to constructively produce a decent patch or update.both the same thing. Please codemasters fix this as I've asked jenny and Lee .via.twitter and about.a 1000 times on.here. be honest with us if it cannot be guaranteed to fix problem then give us a full refund please. Yours kindly mark 

Included in Patch 1.06... !
Lets w8 fit availability. But to be honest I'm a little bit confused if really all issues are fixed...

Some of the bugs on ps4 pro are horrendous,raining at front of car not behind,minecraft tree's,pixelated faces and helmets etc etc,c'mon codemasters please sort it out.

What's with the black type of line across the track in front of the car,especially on Bahrain track?The r and d is totally useless unless you are Mercedes or Ferrari so what is the point..so many flaws in this game that I really don't know how yo guys could even release it,oh wait a minute.......MONEY.

Unfortunately it appears it's only the textures and detail that has been improved with the 1.6 update. Still get the infamous screen tearing which I'm assuming isn't quite an easy fix as it was also as issue on last years game too. Maybe they might be able to optimise the game in a future update to reduce the effect but no such tweaks as of yet 

Yeap dark and grainy graphics has been fixed along with when game first came out the blobs of wheels and drivers hands on the classic content,screen tearing is still present but not in every game mode,greatly improved on last years game ,,and online stats are still not working as some have almost a 1000 races in 2 days lol,it said you could transfer your avatar and drivers profile from f12016 to f12017 at start of playing f12017 which I did ,I've got 100,s and 100,s of online races from 2016 but not now as its zero even after competing in lots of races on 2017 ,stats still show zero lol,small price to pay,