DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Online Racing Etiquette 101 - The Racing Line and Track Position

@FanticUA my flower, Not my fault, look after your cars better.

this is your situation, see below.

Crashing your car loads= major crashes on stats,
Major crashes on stats=significantly increased repair costs, 
Increased repair costs= no money,
No money= selling all your cars,
Selling cars= more money
Money= buying new cars.
return to top line, repeat indefinitely!

If you going to send me me cocky msgs like you did when you joined the session and seen my name then at least back it up by beating me on the track....no hiding behind excuses when you lose. ;) 

SASBlink said:

Crashing your car loads= major crashes on stats,
Major crashes on stats=significantly increased repair costs, 
Increased repair costs= no money,
No money= selling all your cars,
Selling cars= more money
Money= buying new cars.
return to top line, repeat indefinitely! 
That's not exactly how it works. One, repair costs increase work car level/mileage. Even with loaners, repair coats seem practically arbitrary.  Two, selling your cars puts you at a disadvantage, despite the upgrades not really working, because you then can't tune them. 

@TUSMBOX, you're probably right lol, that was not meant to be a accurate portrayal of the way it works (of that i have no idea and nobody else does either ;))... its was the meaning behind the statement that I was aiming for more than the statement itself, I'm sure frantic will understand what I mean by it. ;)

SASBlink, I one can't understand, who and what you are trying to prove, you yap, insolent and arrogant, that's enough
SASBlink said
If you going to send me me cocky msgs...
:) "Hello sweety" it's cocky !? you easier to overlook and ignore, than to quote... theme closed...

It is cocky,yes, very! 
The exact words you said were not too cocky but the true meaning behind why you sent the msg is!

Do not mistake me for an idiot as I am not one, I know when people are trying to play little games with me, I can play that game too.... heh..... ;)

Anyways this thread has gone off topic, lets go back to the actual topic again.

excuse me sirs and madams, carry on! lol

SASBlink said:
... lets go back to the actual topic again.
realy, why quarrel
...I wanna race...
:)
if about topic, today have very nasty race, everyone was respectful, but one player (so to speak French), a very strong player (P....), without reservations, but in the last turn in Mount Panorama kick off  three players. For win ? By the way, SASBlink, I had the opportunity several times to kick off you off the track, did not notice, this was not... (forget the insults)

So upgrades do not work in Public Custom lobbies. I think I knew that.

Do upgrades work on Online Playlist games? Also I think I have figured out that the host of a "Official" is the leader of the room points but, I guess this somewhat makes sense, since the leader for the most part is the player that has been in the room the longest. Ithink I just woke up and this point is pretty silly.

@fostbitten,

The whole concept of "upgrades do they work or not" confuses me, I have no idea anymore.... I will let everyone else test the mechanics behind it and have them tell me the answers.... people tell me "they work here and dont work there" I have bad memory and short attention spam so I forget 10 mins later.... :'(

I have a very short and simple list of things to check when I race,

Does it have all the necessary wheels on the car? yes, check!

Done, sorted, lets race! :D

So upgrades do not work in Public Custom lobbies. I think I knew that.

Do upgrades work on Online Playlist games? Also I think I have figured out that the host of a "Official" is the leader of the room points but, I guess this somewhat makes sense, since the leader for the most part is the player that has been in the room the longest. Ithink I just woke up and this point is pretty silly.
No, if tuning is enabled in any race at all, upgrades don't work. I thought it was patched because some cars felt faster. I don't know if it was semi fixed, or if it was all in my head.

My compliments to the OP starting this thread and posting some of the rules of (real) racing.
It's unfortunate that the whole collision issue is such a drawback to online racing. There are some collisions that are reasonably unavoidable - OK, that's racing. Then there are some that were avoidable but not avoided due to lack of skill and/or experience by a driver. OK - that will happen and hopefully with experience those drivers will improve and their accidents reduce. But, there are a number of drivers who intentionally collide to shunt you off track. For example, going down a straight and a car is passing me on the right and, instead of simply completing his pass, he slams into me not once, but multiple times until I'm knocked off track. These drivers aren't racing, they're playing a game - let's call it bumper cars. Perhaps they think it's fun, but to those of us interested in racing simulation, it's annoying and inconsiderate.
I don't have a solution, except to leave that race and try another one, but it would be nice if CM could incorporate logic that would seriously penalize a driver that caused a collision - e.g. black flag them just like in real racing.

@MotoWPK I agree with everything you said but is difficult for a computer to simulate if someone has intentionally bumped into someone or not. even the rule to penalize you for cutting corners is not perfect .

if I know someone is a potential threat, I just back off slightly. if I'm next to him on a straight, I will be ready to hit the breaks slightly to avoid a colision. if he is behind me, I will break sooner so, if he tries to push me off the track, I have more room to manuver.

in GRID 2, the problem in the Playlist was that there was no damage so people wouldn't mind messing around and losing money on repair. now, the problem is that, by having damage, it even encourages people to mess around for the pleasure of seing your car destroyed. this only happens because Repair Costs are based on Vehicle Level instead of how often you damage it.

I think if Codemasters changes the way Repair Costs work, Crash Drivers would run out of money and would stop messing around.

Repair costs are based on distance driven, not level.

I've got a level 50 car with as much mileage as a level 25 car (due to random stuff I've done), and both degrade at the same rate.

Fair driver let u go to the front if it is safe...idiot will be drive as idiot...i prefer coll off racing...coll on max 4-5 drivers...

I've got a level 50 car with as much mileage as a level 25 car (due to random stuff I've done), and both degrade at the same rate.
I've seen other posts saying it's level based. Has anything been confirmed?

camron72 said:
Fair driver let u go to the front if it is safe...idiot will be drive as idiot...i prefer coll off racing...coll on max 4-5 drivers...
It is possible to have a fair 12 player race.   You just need to have 12 players who are happy to have 12th place, and a fair close race.   

It doesnt work when there are people who "cannot" be last, and have to pass using any means. 
Nothing more annoying than being taken out at the 1st corner, by a "good player". 

I dont want to be last, but if the 11 players infront of me, are faster and have overtaken me, or there is simply no way past them without contact, then im happy with last. 

The problem with that is people have been saying that used cars degrade the same way a new one does. If a used car with 7,000 miles degraded like new car did, it would fall apart before turn one. I say level just to be on the safe side, because, new or used, the cars level up the same. If you want to get technical, it would be mileage that you put on the car, not just total mileage. 

TUSMBOX said:

The problem with that is people have been saying that used cars degrade the same way a new one does. If a used car with 7,000 miles degraded like new car did, it would fall apart before turn one. I say level just to be on the safe side, because, new or used, the cars level up the same. If you want to get technical, it would be mileage that you put on the car, not just total mileage. 
This is apparently what it is. It's based on player-driven mileage. Like I said, I have cars with vastly different levels but similar driven distance and they degrade at the same rate.

This is apparently what it is. It's based on player-driven mileage. Like I said, I have cars with vastly different levels but similar driven distance and they degrade at the same rate.
Player driven miles? that reinforces even more my suggestion that New Cars are purely for having low milage and 0 crashes in your stats XD