Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster TS-PC - NO IN-GAME FFB [PC]

TheChazmR said:
DGreco said:
Do you have nvidia graphics card? If so, do you have the latest drivers? if not, try with the latest drivers, sometimes it conflicts with the FFB.

Here is my dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9PFzWYH9W5nczljZnBhYTE3WG8
I tried the newest driver update posted above, no difference. Still have no in-game ffb.

You may also benefit from the Realtek Driver I posted for @StarkzHD

Both of you are running the latest Nvidia driver 385.41 which might be a problem.
Do you think a driver other than the steering wheel could be the cause of our problems?
If that were the case, all other games would also be affected, right?

EDIT : Here my dxdiag in case 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_OLfOQCsWQ4WDVtSmZjUVh2VDA/view?usp=sharing

When it comes to wheels I defer to @DGreco but I will check to try to find out if there are any tricks you need to use to get this working.

Edit: We've got an open bug saying that there is no FFB on certain PCs. We have the issue on one PC in our QA department so we're investigating.

StarkzHD said:
TheChazmR said:
DGreco said:
Do you have nvidia graphics card? If so, do you have the latest drivers? if not, try with the latest drivers, sometimes it conflicts with the FFB.

Here is my dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9PFzWYH9W5nczljZnBhYTE3WG8
I tried the newest driver update posted above, no difference. Still have no in-game ffb.

You may also benefit from the Realtek Driver I posted for @StarkzHD

Both of you are running the latest Nvidia driver 385.41 which might be a problem.
Thanks, i'll try that. As for the nvidia driver i tried an older one but again it was to no avail

As for Craig having a newer driver, that's odd as i went to the link posted in the thread for the latest driver which was released 29thAugust, presumably that is the newest. Either way both the drivers i've tried made no difference unfortunately -.-
His dxdiag;
Device Name: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
         Attached: 1
    Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x044F, 0xB689
        FF Driver: C:\Windows\system32\tmpid.dll
   FF Driver Date: 6/16/2017 12:14:50
FF Driver Version: 2.09.0071.0000
   FF Driver Size: 241152 bytes
In your txt file you saved for upload CTRL & F for 'tmpid.dll' timestamp and version is different.

F1Support said:
When it comes to wheels I defer to @DGreco but I will check to try to find out if there are any tricks you need to use to get this working.
Thank you. I know @DGreco uses the ts-pc racer as he said via twitter that he had never encountered the issues us lot and others are having with exactly the same wheel. 

I'll cross post my dx diag from the other thread to here now it's been closed and this is the main one. https://www.dropbox.com/s/set97xrswx2jouz/DxDiag.txt?dl=0
I don't mean to across as a right pushy idiot on this issue but it's just a pain not having ffb and being able to experience the gameproperly with all its functions through not having any feeling in the steering wheel which is certainly needed. I'm up for being fully cooperative to help and try get to the bottom of this issue

StarkzHD said:
F1Support said:
Thank you. I know @DGreco uses the ts-pc racer as he said via twitter that he had never encountered the issues us lot and others are having with exactly the same wheel. 

I'll cross post my dx diag from the other thread to here now it's been closed and this is the main one. https://www.dropbox.com/s/set97xrswx2jouz/DxDiag.txt?dl=0
I don't mean to across as a right pushy idiot on this issue but it's just a pain not having ffb and being able to experience the gameproperly with all its functions through not having any feeling in the steering wheel which is certainly needed. I'm up for being fully cooperative to help and try get to the bottom of this issue
When my FFB went I was not amused. So I get it!

Believe me, my friend has the same problem, with very similar setup to mine. I updated the hell out of his pc, no solution. Good thing is that in qa we have one pc with this problem, so it gives us some hope! I want you all to experience the game at its best and the FFB is one if not the most important part of the handling package.

Fully updated all of my drivers that I could, all the intel ones, sound drivers etc etc as well as the new TS-PC drivers.
The wheel still is getting no in-game ffb so at this point I'm completely lost on what to try next. Good to see you have replicated the issue and hopefully can get a fix :)

Here is my updated DXdiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9PFzWYH9W5nWXlqZWVrVmV6cm8

TheChazmR said:
Fully updated all of my drivers that I could, all the intel ones, sound drivers etc etc as well as the new TS-PC drivers.
The wheel still is getting no in-game ffb so at this point I'm completely lost on what to try next. Good to see you have replicated the issue and hopefully can get a fix :)

Here is my updated DXdiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9PFzWYH9W5nWXlqZWVrVmV6cm8

Can I just ask if you are using USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port?

Many suggest USB 2.0 is best, so I changed my UEFI to force EHCI mode because the front port on my case only connects to the USB 3.0 headers (effectively disabling xHCI) and this means the CPU can't mug off the controller and go for a break (constant polling rather than 'smart' polling when the xHCI effectively sends it a wake or an interrupt AFAIU).

My wheel has felt a bit better ever since. Don't know if it's placebo but I replaced Logitech's cheap Chinese PSU with another moderately priced Chinese PSU with a higher max (3A) draw rating. Again, I'd say it felt a bit better, but I think I'm chasing ghosts.

I have finally found a fix:

The registry keys for your wheel under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM] Then delete all of (the whole VID_... "folders") uninstall ffb drivers, restart pc, reinstall driver  Save your registry keys as a backup when they work (right click + export), then when they break, just delete the keys, and double click on the file you exported in the previous step. If they are broken, uninstall the driver, delete the keys, (the whole VID_... "folder") restart pc, reinstall driver, and should work

Seems like if you have used multiple wheels or different brands of wheels it messes up somehow as I've used a Logitech Driving Force, G27, T3PA Pro pedals using the adapter and now my TS-PC with T3PA Pro pedals plugged into the base and I had to delete all the VID folders for these as I said in the steps above.

:)

Thanks @TheChazmR it works for me too !
It is strange only F1 2017 is impacted by this problem.

Edit : It's very tricky, where did you find this fix?

TheChazmR said:
I have finally found a fix:

The registry keys for your wheel under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM] Then delete all of (the whole VID_... "folders") uninstall ffb drivers, restart pc, reinstall driver  Save your registry keys as a backup when they work (right click + export), then when they break, just delete the keys, and double click on the file you exported in the previous step. If they are broken, uninstall the driver, delete the keys, (the whole VID_... "folder") restart pc, reinstall driver, and should work

Seems like if you have used multiple wheels or different brands of wheels it messes up somehow as I've used a Logitech Driving Force, G27, T3PA Pro pedals using the adapter and now my TS-PC with T3PA Pro pedals plugged into the base and I had to delete all the VID folders for these as I said in the steps above.

:)
USBDeView should also work, I used it on F1 2016. Basically disables and removes 'old' USB drivers.