Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25% race engine part scaling wear bug

Okay so i just done the first race on 50% and 25%. So when going to engine components after the 50% race and my components doing 40 laps the wear was at 14%. 

However on the 25% my car done 24 laps and wear 23%. 

Engine wear in practice doesn't scale to you race length but your engine lifespan does. So you do 10 laps in practice on 25% you engine will wear at the same rate as if u do 10 laps in 50% but in 50% your engine has nearly 100 laps extra lifespan. So practice session needs to be looked at

Please get this sorted codies. 

Anyone with the problem you dont need to restart career you just need to start playing 50% races until the bug is fixed

Happened to me too man it's crazy(also driving  for Toro Rosso. I pretty much decided after that that the only logical development path for early in your career is to work on upgrading nothing, but durability.

I was going to make a topic on the same thing. After 3 practices, 2 laps in qualifying and 15 rounds (yes, playing on 25%) where 4 out of those 15 rounds was behind SC with lean fuel management i enter China with almost every component at 50% wear or higher with Sauber, which most be the most reliable team this year when coming to engine parts used. 

I find it frustrating as hell. I mean I don't want to be swapping out parts by the time I get to Sochi. It's like the game is telling you that you are going to have to endure grid penalties no matter what so get used to it.

I am finished with Australian GP with Renault. The wear of engine parts is at 24 % after 66 rounds. Try to drive on all fuel mixes, but only short periods on mix 3, use lift & cost and accelerate not to hard.

I use lift and coast and everything. To me it seems like it's just nature of the game. Because I assume you did 100% in Australia and were at 24% and I was at 24 after mine on 50% races did a lot of practice to see the new handling though. I think that there is just a uniform amount of minimum wear that you are going to see per race so it encourages you to upgrade. I mean last year you could drive all day and never feel an issue with the engine at all and all the upgrades were to increase competitive performance. 

Durability kids Durability. That's where you need to start your R&D. At least level One of everything as that increases your engine components durability by 40%.

ThorbenMi said:
I am finished with Australian GP with Renault. The wear of engine parts is at 24 % after 66 rounds. Try to drive on all fuel mixes, but only short periods on mix 3, use lift & cost and accelerate not to hard.
That means you will only be able to complete 4 races with 1 engine, meaning you'll need to take a 5th sometime to complete all 20 races, which means a grid penalty somewhere.

Ho3n3r said:
ThorbenMi said:
That means you will only be able to complete 4 races with 1 engine, meaning you'll need to take a 5th sometime to complete all 20 races, which means a grid penalty somewhere.
No you won't. As others have stated you need to do R&D on the gearbox and engines to prolong their lives. Yes unit 1 will wear quicker but other units will last longer as you upgrade them. 

Patience is needed! 

Plus it's likely in real life most drivers will use 5 units at least. If you qualify 20th before the race take a new whole unit and a big penalty, you don't lose anything.

Please codies. Don't listen to the clueless complainers who don't understand f1, and want wear nerfed to one engine per season. It works well as it does, even the top teams will have to take penalties irl...

Durability kids Durability. That's where you need to start your R&D. At least level One of everything as that increases your engine components durability by 40%.

Yeah, that's what a lot of people don't seem to understand. Do one or two durability upgrades in the first few races and follow up with some minors later and you should be good for the rest of the season. In fact I am pretty much concerned that you will have to much durability in the later stages of your career. I want some mechanical failures in the later seasons and not one invincible engine.

I spend all my R&D points on durability atm, but when i cant finish round 3 without having to change everything on a car that is at its peak when it comes to durability something should been done about it. After all, Sauber is using a year old Ferrari engine!

@Hargers I think there's possibly a scaling bug somewhere. I'm at round 9 and at my fifth gearbox and PU with Renault, even though I have 3/5 durability upgrades for the gearbox. They won't last any longer than 2 races before I lose a gear, even with limited running  and using old parts for practice. All PU components are over 60-70% wear on the 4 different units before reaching the mid point of the season. When watching others video's some people seem to be able to do 6 races with 1 gearbox without upgrades, so I think something's wrong there in my career.

This is stupid now. Maybe its bugged but my engine wear like 20% each race and about 15% each practice session. A engine is lasting 1 race the 2nd race i keep getting faults. Im with toro rosso ive done some development into reliability and still no help. Gearbox is the same lasting 2 races then im missing gears im racing on 25%. Ive seen aarava and he does 50% his done less upgrade in reliability then me and his on his 2nd components and im on my 4th and im at monaco. This is stupid. How can i compete with this

I like the feature of reliabilty but this is too much. Ive seen youtubers in mclaren and they are having better wear then me

This is stupid now. Maybe its bugged but my engine wear like 20% eacmi h race and about 15% each practice session. A engine is lasting 1 race the 2nd race i keep getting faults. Im with toro rosso ive done some development into reliability and still no help. Gearbox is the same lasting 2 races then im missing gears im racing on 25%. Ive seen aarava and he does 50% his done less upgrade in reliability then me and his on his 2nd components and im on my 4th and im at monaco. This is stupid. How can i compete with this

I like the feature of reliabilty but this is too much. Ive seen youtubers in mclaren and they are having better wear then me
It looks like 25% races are the problem. I restarted using 50% and the wear is fine now

This is stupid now. Maybe its bugged but my engine wear like 20% eacmi h race and about 15% each practice session. A engine is lasting 1 race the 2nd race i keep getting faults. Im with toro rosso ive done some development into reliability and still no help. Gearbox is the same lasting 2 races then im missing gears im racing on 25%. Ive seen aarava and he does 50% his done less upgrade in reliability then me and his on his 2nd components and im on my 4th and im at monaco. This is stupid. How can i compete with this

It looks like 25% races are the problem. I restarted using 50% and the wear is fine now
So must be a scaling bug. Come on codemasters sort it out

Ive found the problem. The engine estimated laps is scaled to race length however its not scaling to practice so where a component estimated to last 100 laps on 50% but on 25% its 50 laps. And if u do 10 laps in practice it leaves 40 laps estimated left on 25% however on if u do 10 laps in practice on 50% then u have 90 laps left. Thats whats causing the problem. After practice in melbourne all my parts are over 20% worn on 25% 

Ive found the problem. The engine estimated laps is scaled to race length however its not scaling to practice so where a component estimated to last 100 laps on 50% but on 25% its 50 laps. And if u do 10 laps in practice it leaves 40 laps estimated left on 25% however on if u do 10 laps in practice on 50% then u have 90 laps left. Thats whats causing the problem. After practice in melbourne all my parts are over 20% worn on 25% 
Just tested this on 50% fresh engine lifespan is 188 laps but on 25% 118. So laps in practice aint scaling correctly 

I can confirm that I have the same problem in my 25% carreer mode. I did every practice program during FP in Australia and China, and I started having engine and gearbox issues in China about half way into the race. I'll have to change every parts including gearbox for the next race. It's not normal that parts last for 2 races in 25%. 

Hope this get fixed ASAP.

If a part does 10 laps in 25% practice it wears 19% but 10 laps in practice when set at 50% it wears 4%. Big difference cant really play 25% races without atleast using 8-9 engine parts a season

Well in my opinion this system is designed to make you change the way you drive through the race and to bring more realism and immersion in the carreer. But ruining a whole engine and a gearbox in 2 GPs is no realism. Plus, this problem is not present in 50% ( and I guess 100% aswell ). 

100% races the engine wear is even less. It all goes by the engine lifespan. The longer % races u do the more lifespan the engine has. However the practice session dont take a %. So in 25% 50% and 100% you are doing the same amount of practice laps. So say you do 10 laps that 10 laps dents the engine lifespan more in 25% then in 100% which shouldnt be happening. There is meant to be some scaling so maybe u do 10 laps in 25% but it only wears for 2.5 laps so it would have same wear rate as 100%

I do think you are supposed to get engine failures though. (or just take the penalties for exchanging parts).
Yeah, but as long as we dont drive Mclaren, should we need to shift gearbox and engine parts every two races? I drive at Spain now, and i am at my third engine and gearbox with Sauber...