Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25% race engine part scaling wear bug

Its definetly a scaling problem. On 25% the parts wear twice as much as it should in practise. It seems that the wear in a race is fine.

Well in my opinion this system is designed to make you change the way you drive through the race and to bring more realism and immersion in the carreer. But ruining a whole engine and a gearbox in 2 GPs is no realism. Plus, this problem is not present in 50% ( and I guess 100% aswell ). 
McLaren would disagree with you :p

There is definately a bug with component wear on 25% (PS4). I used all my resource points on durability but still the wear is way too high.

I tried a career on 100% to compare and its much much better. Definately a scaling issue. Please prioritise this bug please Codies. I simply do not have time to do 50% or 100% races. Career mode at 25% is now unplayable. 

I don't think it's a bug, but a balance issue. I mean, people can do the practice programs in 1 lap or skip the practice sessions altogether. Then the wear is far less. I don't think that can be fixed.

I don't think it's a bug, but a balance issue. I mean, people can do the practice programs in 1 lap or skip the practice sessions altogether. Then the wear is far less. I don't think that can be fixed.
Its an issue that needs sorting either way. Currently I'm flying through parts with doing the very minimal practice to get the points. 

Practice with race on 50%, 13 laps, 10% engine, 9% gearbox
Practice with race on 25%, 13 laps, 15% engine, 14% gearbox
And what is the wear after a whole weekend? They might have balanced it on a per weekend basis. If the percentages are about the same after a weekend with both race durations, then that is how they balanced it. Of course, the wear in general can still be considered too high.

And what is the wear after a whole weekend? They might have balanced it on a per weekend basis. If the percentages are about the same after a weekend with both race durations, then that is how they balanced it. Of course, the wear in general can still be considered too high.
I couldn't find the energy to do both races also. Already spent 6 hours today on racing haha

Ive done whole weekends on 25% and engines after 2 races on 25% are above 50% worn. However 2 weekends in 50% and the engines are at no more then 25%. And if you do a 100% engine wear is even less

Ive done whole weekends on 25% and engines after 2 races on 25% are above 50% worn. However 2 weekends in 50% and the engines are at no more then 25%. And if you do a 100% engine wear is even less
That is my experience too. Basically Career mode is completely broken unless you do 100% race distance. Unimpressed to say the least. 

This needs sorting asap. 1st patch needs to sort this. 

Yeah but the problem is that 100% races are way too long... 25% is ( for me at least ) the best compromise. And it's broken.

I'm doing 25% weekends with short qualifying, and I had to replace my gearbox and nearly all of my engine components after the practice sessions in the 3rd race. I invested in the -10%/-10% durability skill at the very beginning.

If the gearbox/engine only lasts 2.5 race weekends, my car will be ruined before the season is even half-way through! :s Something's definitely wrong with the wear scaling! I'll have to quit career mode until this gets fixed and then start over. :(

Also, I'm using automatic shifting, which shifts quite early and therefore shouldn't stress the engine a lot. I also didn't have any crashes. I do drive on the curbs, but not more aggressively than real F1 drivers do, so I can't see that being a reason for the insanely high component wear.

They need to fix the practice session wear essentially. They need to use the wear of the 100% race but then scale the wear for the 25% as well. The issue is then how do they translate that to the "laps left" screen when you're in the motorhome. 

Likewise I think the engine wear is far too much on 25% races. I don't have the time to play a whole career on 50 or 100% races, but as people have pointed out it is not scaling properly.

I think the conclusion that the wear scaling during practice & qualifying is spot on. My engine & gearbox struggled to last just over 2 races. Think I'll stick to the championships until the issue is resolved. It would be good if Codemasters could confirm which of the issues they are recognising & working on for subsequent patches.

I have the feeling that this topic will go down the abyss and be forgotten. But damn this is a major problem !

Lee Mather has said on Twitter they're investigating this problem. Keep the post up high and lets hope it gets fixed ASAP. 

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/901495232717611008

Same issue... gearbox broke during qualifying in round 2, China... and I'm in a Ferrari with the first durability upgrade installed. I will never win the championship if I have to install a new gearbox/engine every two races.