Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25% race engine part scaling wear bug

I have the feeling that this topic will go down the abyss and be forgotten. But damn this is a major problem !
Don't think so - it should be possible to solve this issue with no effort, as probably it's just about some wrong parameters... but yes, it's a major problem for sure!
btw: has someone found out yet if engine part wear behaves the same way also for AI drivers? If so, basically every driver should start getting grid penalties for changing the Gearbox in race 3 or 4...

It depends on when you change it. If you replace parts before Q, then there is no punishment (if you pick one of the first 4).

It depends on when you change it. If you replace parts before Q, then there is no punishment (if you pick one of the first 4).
As far as I understand the rules, this is valid for most engine parts, but not for Gearbox? Change of Gearbox is only allowed after 5 (or 6) races...

CuoreBN said:
As far as I understand the rules, this is valid for most engine party, but not for Gearbox? Change of Gearbox is only allowed after 5 (or 6) races...
Yes, true. I was given a 5-place grid drop for swapping the engine between Q3 and the race, on the second race of the season. Stupid, should have swapped it earlier.

Gone from "investigating" to:

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/902173127790264321

Good to know they're working on it and hopefully this will be a quick fix and a patch soon. This is a show stopper for career mode for me as I only have time for 25% races. 

If I switch to 50% race distance mid-season, will the scaling also change from that point on or is the scaling screwed permanently?

peyt0n89 said:
If I switch to 50% race distance mid-season, will the scaling also change from that point on or is the scaling screwed permanently?
It switches going forward from that point

Good to know they are working on it. Can't wait to jump back to my carreer !
Same here the Mclaren is an awesome car just lacking power

Its an issue with 25% AND 50% race distances. Only 100% is accurate. I hope codemasters are aware of that. Hope fix comes soon. 

Saw this at 25% races had to switch all my engine parts before Bahrain. Switched to 50% and it's fine. The numbers just ain't scaling for 25%. Racing with Sauber btw.

Saw this at 25% races had to switch all my engine parts before Bahrain. Switched to 50% and it's fine. The numbers just ain't scaling for 25%. Racing with Sauber btw.
50% is bugged aswell but its playable

CODEMASTERS! THIS IS A MASSIVE BUG. I don't want to race 50% just to get to the end of season without 10+ penalties because of durability glitch.  SORT IT OUT!

I have used 8 engines in career mode as McLaren Honda. The engines last for one race at 25%. I still have 10 races to go with no engines. How do I fix this?

Happened to me too man it's crazy(also driving  for Toro Rosso. I pretty much decided after that that the only logical development path for early in your career is to work on upgrading nothing, but durability.
I've had the same problem racing only 14 laps in the first to races my Renault engine let go both Rae's.. DNF with only doing minimal laps in practice to complete objectives.  Very frustrating to loose the engine and had to do upgrades to durability only

They have said on twitter that they are looking into it. Surely this one cant be too hard to fix, must just be a mistaken % in the code. Ive now taken to just running time trails and a few of the other championship modes. Ive only done 2 career races and noticed the wear problem so im just going to wait until they patch the game AGAIN then start a new career. As per every bloody year i say to myself "ill just hold off on buying it for a month or 2" then i find myself pre ordering then kicking myself. Fair enough i may have unlimited data download but what about people that dont,,, so far a 4 gig day 1 patch, the next patch with be either the same then i dare say another one following that (too many bugs to fix in the 1 patch).

I was wondering why my engine parts and gearbox took such a beating when they was supposed to last for at least 6 races, nice of you folks to bring it to light, Codemasters, please fix your stuff.

RMKIP455 said:
Happened to me too man it's crazy(also driving  for Toro Rosso. I pretty much decided after that that the only logical development path for early in your career is to work on upgrading nothing, but durability.
I've had the same problem racing only 14 laps in the first to races my Renault engine let go both Rae's.. DNF with only doing minimal laps in practice to complete objectives.  Very frustrating to loose the engine and had to do upgrades to durability only
If you still want to play career. The wear is manageable in 50% races. 

Also, please do not treat simulated out laps and in laps as "race" laps, in practice and quali. Currently we get just as much wear on these as a regular lap. The worse being the quali outlap/inlap in max mode...

Please do not punish people who do not have the time to play that much. Practice programs time spent is tripled essentially if you do not want to get screwed by reliability issues and run minimum wear in and outlaps. I understand the need to heat up tires and such...but this is too much.

Thanks for what is essentially a fantastic games outside of scaling bugs and potential quality of life improvements !

Wow so the game got an update but it fixed online. What about this wear bug. I tweeted lee mather and he says next update will fix this bug. So once again codemasters are focused fixing online when im pretty sure the majority of people play career mode

I can confirm that I have the same problem in my 25% carreer mode. I did every practice program during FP in Australia and China, and I started having engine and gearbox issues in China about half way into the race. I'll have to change every parts including gearbox for the next race. It's not normal that parts last for 2 races in 25%. 

Hope this get fixed ASAP.
I'm here on the forum looking for the solution to this. I am doing 25% races too and have destroyed 2 engines and 2 gearboxes already by Russia. I'm getting outrageous wear just from doing all the practice programmes. close to 50% wear each race weekend. I have R&D'd durability only and still getting issues.

The only solution at the moment is to go to 50% race distance. Its a scaling bug that codemasters are looking into. So until a patch 50 or 100% are your only options