Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25% race engine part scaling wear bug

Good to know it is not just me and hopefully a fix coming. I guess it is actually scaling correctly when you think about it, however, you never do only 25% of the laps in practice, you tend to do as many more; probably more than the 25% race distance or you can't complete all the programmes. So practice should probably always be set to the same as 100%

I think its more the race, im doing 25% distance and had 55% wear on my I.C.E after the Melbourne race. Im just going to start a new career once its patched. For now im just doing time trials to get my setups perfect so i can hit the new season running. The other thing that's been mentioned is throw all of your resource points into reliability for the 1st season and then concentrate on performance in the next. I think I'll be doing this after the patch anyway.

because of this bug i started doing 100% races and found out that the whole experience of those long races is better balanced, not only from the engine/gearbox issue but also from the AI behavior and tyre wear.
on difficulty 80 no assists i managed 10th in australia with that awful mclaren and this is exactly the results i was expecting, fighting for scraps.
the wear was reasonable, full development on durabilty is needed anyway but i think this is the way it should be at least for the first season.
my arms hurt and i am losing plenty of working hours but at least i can realy enjoy this game

I'm seeing conflicting posts here, is this bug only for 25% or 50% also? Was looking to do 50% career.

It is also 50%.

• Body is 25 characters too short.

Sorry but how can you be sure? They wrote only 25%. Did you try?
A lot of people tried ( see the topic ) but this wear problem is also present in 50% but the scaling makes it more or less playable, while 25% is not. The only well balanced wear is on 100%.

It is also 50%.

• Body is 25 characters too short.

Ah that is a shame, I did Australia already but I'll just wait for the fix and start again.

Just saw it will be fixed in Update 1.5.

Do we have to restart our careers? As after 1 race my gearbox is already a lot worn, same for motor components..

momorious said:

Do we have to restart our careers? As after 1 race my gearbox is already a lot worn, same for motor components..I'll be restarting mine,, im only 2 races in anyway

momorious said:

Do we have to restart our careers? As after 1 race my gearbox is already a lot worn, same for motor components..
Where did you see that ? + Any ETA ?

1.05 was the 25% fix. As for careers components that are already worn will stay that way, just not wear at the faster rate it was doing before the patch. If you're only 1 race in id just restart fresh. I was 2 races in and just started again. It will be better in the long run. Also concentrate your R&D on reliability in your first season (assuming you have started with a lower team) then in season 2 start performance R&D. Seems to be the logical and best way to approach it. Even after the bug fix im throwing that 2000 odd starting resource points all into reliability. 

It's incredibly frustrating doing 25% races I managed to power my way through a season(was laser focused on the weekend) with Toro Rosso scaling back some races to only 5(Monaco, Baku and  laps which I hate doing by the end of the season though I was able to run four with practice(usually leave out informed strategy objective to save laps though) and races on 25% So it isn't too bad if you get things to level three on durability. That rate you'll only go through the four allotted and one over limit. Still incredibly frustrating I really want it to be properly scaled.

Yeah im just throwing all my points into reliability, using flying laps to complete just the practice programs once ive done them that's the only practice laps ill do. If i feel i need practice on a certain track ill fire up the time trial and blast around with the setup ill use in the race

So after latest patch 1.05 engine wear is still not scaled just improved. Do a 100% and 25% race and your engine still wears alot more on 25%. It should be the around the same no matter what race length you play

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56926/engine-durability#latest you can see that isnt scaled as well in this post

Personally I don't know why we needed a further complicated R&D tree plus the Durability to take into account. I was happy with it last year and like to just focus on improving the car and pushing it to the limit. Personally I don't want to have to think about fixing the car, it's not necessary. It should be optional part of the career or only in pro career. 

Andi said:
So the 1.5 patch fixed 50% as well or just 25%?
Mainly fixed 25%, but also tweaked 50%.
Thanks, guess I'll restart career now since they probably won't look at it again anytime soon.

I'm not sure where you got that information from but only the values for 25% race distance were changed. See the patch notes http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56775/patch-1-05-notes-updated-patch-live-on-all-platforms-31-08

Andi said:
Thanks, guess I'll restart career now since they probably won't look at it again anytime soon.
We're open to any feedback about balancing of the numbers for all race distances. If there are common issues (we're never going to be able to balance it perfectly for everyone) then we will certainly investigate them and see if we need to refine the balance further.

F1Support said:
I'm not sure where you got that information from but only the values for 25% race distance were changed. See the patch notes http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56775/patch-1-05-notes-updated-patch-live-on-all-platforms-31-08

Andi said:
We're open to any feedback about balancing of the numbers for all race distances. If there are common issues (we're never going to be able to balance it perfectly for everyone) then we will certainly investigate them and see if we need to refine the balance further.
Please follow Lee Mather's Twitter, he mentioned as "tweak to 50%".